Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm old because I have no idea who that is. And I'm not gonna google!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

riot games unfortunately caters to all manner of players with warped and perverted ways of 'playing' the game, such as facilitating and even unabashedly outwardly encouraging split pushing

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Every single one of his abilities has health, armor, or magic resistance scaling.

They've already done the supreme bullshit. Every good thing in his kit scales off tank stats including the bonus AD he gets during his ultimate. Whilst he has 20% AD scaling on his Q and his ult that's literally it.

yea but you can also build deaths dance, maw, cleaver, etc. it just seems better. the tank build plays like garbage and has dogwater winrate

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

dude i change my dog's water 3 or 4 times a day and i refill it from the pur pitcher in the fridge. use a different word please there is nothing wrong with dogwater

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Phenotype posted:

dude i change my dog's water 3 or 4 times a day and i refill it from the pur pitcher in the fridge. use a different word please there is nothing wrong with dogwater

acqua di cane

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
idk a champ whose power move is losing like 40% of his max health and his resists to do a bit more damage and also warp drive an adc to another side of the map to get killed seems really awful

there might be some serious merit to him as a support though with the unstoppable, the shield giving and Q3 pulling people towards you

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Imo the idea of a tank who turns into a squishy murder engine at the right moment is really fun and cool but I haven't played k'sante yet. I hope they can get the tuning right for the concept though.

Maybe they should give him a decent chunk of lifesteal when going all out so when he's already lower than the health threshold he can sustain himself.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

SirSamVimes posted:

Imo the idea of a tank who turns into a squishy murder engine at the right moment is really fun and cool but I haven't played k'sante yet. I hope they can get the tuning right for the concept though.

Maybe they should give him a decent chunk of lifesteal when going all out so when he's already lower than the health threshold he can sustain himself.

He does in fact get 20% omnivamp. It doesn't help much.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I played Ksante on ARAM with the new prestige skin.

Pros
His buttons are all really fun to push, doesn't feel clunky at all which is great (I found the dashes on Nilah & Samira feel really clunky with smartcast with indicators for example)
The prestige skin looks NOICE good job lil nas x
He has some cool skills

Cons
He sucks rear end
The ult at rank 2 took away 65% of my bonus resist and you lose 50% health, even using it when already AT 50% HP felt severely crappy. Imagine if you are a tank, and you have your HP burned through so you're at half health, the ult actually costs far more than you think because you are essentially reducing your HP not by 50% but by like ... 80% due to the eHP loss of the resists. I just got INSTA BLOWN UP every time, this was in ARAM so like whatever, but it was crazy how fast I died in ALL OUT mode compared with non mode.

Honestly his buttons were useful enough that staying un-ulted felt like the move every time which is probably not what the designers made him for. He could just be a poo poo ARAM champ and is better on SR where you can separate people from their team and dump on them with the extra damage

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I mean you're supposed to knock them through a wall so you can 1v1 them afterward which you can't really do in ARAM

Not going to vouch if it works or not in SR either but you can at least do it there.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Veev posted:

I mean you're supposed to knock them through a wall so you can 1v1 them afterward which you can't really do in ARAM

Not going to vouch if it works or not in SR either but you can at least do it there.

You can do some stuff like knock them into turrets , but for example 1 time I knocked their initiator into our turret plinth which put me smack dab in the middle of the their entire team which I thought "great I can use my CC on them" but I died instantly instead.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Well I mean don't knock them into their team

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

good skin secured

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

SirSamVimes posted:

good skin secured

:woop:

please turn in your silver squid gun and badge

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
what even is the skin for this year

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

sejauni in celebration of belt bras

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

honestly if i really cared enough at this point to try, that diamond chroma looks sick

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wait is that how u earn chroma skins?!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

verbal enema posted:

wait is that how u earn chroma skins?!

Most chromas are just bought up RP (or blue essence on occasion). I think the chroma for each rank above gold you get is a new thing this season?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hellioning posted:

Most chromas are just bought up RP (or blue essence on occasion). I think the chroma for each rank above gold you get is a new thing this season?

ah well

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Desert Trooper Garen ftw

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Chromas used to be for sale for IP during the Essence Emporium pop up sales in the shop which ran twice a year, but they got rid of that indefinitely. So now the only way to get chromas is to buy them with RP (its ridiculously overpriced).

The end of season skin does provide chromas for each level above gold you are.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The only chroma worth anyone’s money is the Sailor Moon one for SG Lux.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

also gundam malphite

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

margherita pizza sivir

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I want the essence emporium back, I have so much essence to spend :(

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Didn't we have a chroma essence emporium like 2-3 months ago? They cancelled them?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Archenteron posted:

Didn't we have a chroma essence emporium like 2-3 months ago? They cancelled them?

As part of the launch of that one they mentioned in the patch notes that it was gonna be the last one for a while as they look into what they are gonna do with it going forward and every other thing put in that bucket was never heard from again

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

I want the essence emporium back, I have so much essence to spend :(

Same. I remember the first EE I saw I was like "well, I'll just pick out 2-3 chromas that I like the most for the skins that showed up, not like I can wear more than one at a time" and then I realized that my blue essence just keeps piling up because I don't need any more champs, and so on the last one I just went nuts and bought all the chromas I could and I still have like 75k essence and a million extra champ shards I could break down.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Jerkface posted:

As part of the launch of that one they mentioned in the patch notes that it was gonna be the last one for a while as they look into what they are gonna do with it going forward and every other thing put in that bucket was never heard from again

didnt they say some unbelievably stupid thing like it was too technically challenging to run them

"running the Emporium is so inefficient it causes delays and feature cuts in other projects like events and missions"

lmfao

imagine paying a thousand engineers to build your storefront and finding out that every time someone changes the price of something from 1000RP to 10000BE, or registers a club name on the proprietary third-party software you used to make chat rooms, it falls apart into a pile of gum and duct tape

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 10, 2022

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Verviticus posted:

didnt they say some unbelievably stupid thing like it was too technically challenging to run them

"running the Emporium is so inefficient it causes delays and feature cuts in other projects like events and missions"

lmfao

yes, but it was actually true in the sense that their item delivery backend is a hot loving mess and the amount of load it gets put under during the BE emporium was apparently starting to affect other services, which is why it had a daily purchase limit taped to it

the client servers absolutely exploding during the SG event is tied into this, it literally could not handle adding in a bunch of free emotes and icons to peoples' inventories at the given rate. it's likely they haven't updated the architecture for the storefront in years because it was within the limits of their fault tolerance, but it's gotten to an unmanageable point and requires that it be rebuilt for anything other than day-to-day skin buying

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Every time you forget that Riot basically tripped and fell into running one of the most popular video games ever they politely remind you that they still have no idea what they are doing half the time.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

they're absolutely looking to find some kind of stupid fomo type deal with what was the essence emporium. they already do it with the purple essence crap for those ashen knight skins and rotate the hextech ones

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Servaetes posted:

they're absolutely looking to find some kind of stupid fomo type deal with what was the essence emporium. they already do it with the purple essence crap for those ashen knight skins and rotate the hextech ones

i think this is legitimately one of the few instances where they straight up just had to can it for technical reasons

i have my doubts that chromas actually generate that much extra cash outside of the bundles, which is why they offer them for a pittance of BE: it's a way to potentially move more skins (people buying them because they like the look of a specific chroma) and get a bit extra from older chroma bundles (buy all the BE chromas and then buy the bundle for the ruby chroma)

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Yeah chances are pretty good that if/when it comes back it'll be in a more predatory form but like, why can it altogether if its working fine

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

essence emporium was already a timed thing with FOMO since it had exclusive stuff. and the whole point of it was to drain BE from people so they'd spend RP on champions and stuff and still have a reason to buy boosts. getting rid of it entirely doesn't make sense from a profit perspective.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean I imagine the market for the BE Emporium was more the established players who could afford to buy every champion on release for the rest of the game's history even if they never got another point of blue essence.

Combine that with people saying stuff like "I won't buy chromas for RP but I will buy them for blue essence" and you have a market.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
yeah ill bet they made it as a way to drain people of their BE and realized all it was was a place for the people with 30,000 games to spend their overflow and there wasnt any incentive to make it work well if it wasnt making them piles of money

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Same. I remember the first EE I saw I was like "well, I'll just pick out 2-3 chromas that I like the most for the skins that showed up, not like I can wear more than one at a time" and then I realized that my blue essence just keeps piling up because I don't need any more champs, and so on the last one I just went nuts and bought all the chromas I could and I still have like 75k essence and a million extra champ shards I could break down.

I love how hard they make it to disenchant your pile of champions.

My wrist hurts more after disenchanting a pile of champ shards than it does after a real game of LoL.

Also, they're never going to let us spend blue essence on anything again, let's not pretend that "it's coming soon", we all know better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yes, we all know better than to expect a currency sink for the pointless currency.