Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Wouldnt mind quests that asked for 500 of like 50 different items rather than asking for a large stack of a rare.
The grind would be the same but would be more interesting to do.

Then again i guess the high quantities required for some quests helps to prevent players that are not ready for such grinds to attempt them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

apparently i have incredible luck

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Griz posted:

apparently i have incredible luck

Yeah it took me 49000 to get one

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

it wouldn't be as bad if there was a point adventuring in the desert yet other than building up corn oil, as every other drop is useless

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Kaboobi posted:

every other drop is useless

I haven't actually looked to see if this quest line has anything good behind it but I wouldn't say completely useless.

Also sand is a pretty easy GM once you get ciders/APs unlocked there. Frees up a ton of leather when working on hourglasses too.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

it wouldn't be as bad if there was a point adventuring in the desert yet other than building up corn oil, as every other drop is useless

You can gift a bunch of it to ROOMBA but that isn't the greatest use. Better than nothing though!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah it took me 49000 to get one

I’ve only grown 3100 and I got one as well. And probably half of that was before the gold potato was live.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kaboobi posted:

Give the scrap metal and wire to Roomba - I’m at friend level 61 with it from grinding for Crests so far.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Reminds me that I wish there was an easier/automatic way to send friendship items when exploring/fishing.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

monkeytennis posted:

Completed the 40 Langstaff Crests thing.

Guess what they want next?

I can't even get one of these fuckin things. I'm well past grandmastering sand now. I hate the desert so, so much.

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs

MarcusSA posted:

TBF it is really stupid but stupid in the right ways that make my brain go lizard.

This should be the next topic if it’s ever changed. I figured I’d check it out end of September…instantly hooked.

Two days ago I got my first raptor egg. That was exciting. Then yesterday I found two more under 3 minutes of each other. Lizard brain was mighty pleased.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
It took forever to get that first egg and I just got my 12th. Finally making a respectable number of nets each morning. The 3rd one finally got into RFC so now I can spend soap with wreck less abandon.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

It took forever to get that first egg and I just got my 12th. Finally making a respectable number of nets each morning. The 3rd one finally got into RFC so now I can spend soap with wreck less abandon.

Yeah I’m still at 1 egg lol.

I have like 200 herbs though.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I’m still at 1 egg lol.

I have like 200 herbs though.

I lied I'm at 16 eggs. 12 raptors and 4 eggs.

Herbs are brutal. I finally got pets producing them (and literally just bought the last 5bn capybara today with a 2.1bn silver 500 herb turn in) which helps tremendously. You can sort of see where I needed herbs by the age of my eggs.

My next quest wants 500 herbs. :negative:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jealous of those raptors lol

Do we have a list of players playing so I can add them as friends? I have random stuff that I’d like to dump (glass orbs ect)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Jealous of those raptors lol

Do we have a list of players playing so I can add them as friends? I have random stuff that I’d like to dump (glass orbs ect)

The spreadsheet in theory. I just sent you a in-game message.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Spooky Cookies right before using the Grape Juices is the way to go right? Or fast growing crops like peppers?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

obi_ant posted:

Spooky Cookies right before using the Grape Juices is the way to go right? Or fast growing crops like peppers?

I would just ask in giveaway for a breakfast boost on fast stuff. You can go through a whole inventory in 2 minutes.

I was planning on spooky cookies a bunch of rice.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I've been using the spooky cookies on mega beets w/grape juice, mostly.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Late-game raptor-related spoilers:

Raptor fight club is fun lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

The spreadsheet in theory. I just sent you a in-game message.

Got ya! Thanks!

obi_ant posted:

Yeah I think so. I’ve been holding off on mine till I have mega inventory space. I feel like it would be a waste on mega beet seeds till I’m well over 1k

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
First off, thanks to anyone who sent me anything.

Also, I’m just investing in boards and wood , I have some cows and chickens seems like that matters for some quests. The vineyard seems pretty expensive but the cellar sounds really profitable. Is it worth trying to go into wine before totally filling up orchard and sawmill?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hell na

Edit I don’t have the wine perks and it’s 31 days on a few bottles and they are only 6 million.

1 large net gives me 13 million.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

First off, thanks to anyone who sent me anything.

Also, I’m just investing in boards and wood , I have some cows and chickens seems like that matters for some quests. The vineyard seems pretty expensive but the cellar sounds really profitable. Is it worth trying to go into wine before totally filling up orchard and sawmill?

Don't go nuts on grapes at all. You will eventually get unlimited grape juice and wine from pets. It feels like good money at the beginning but it rapidly becomes irrelevant. Definitely don't waste gold expanding your cellar.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I stopped investing into wine at like 700 grapes per day and even that was way too much once I got my pets online. You only need 4/6? Grape Juice per day and your cellar fills up before you know it and becomes vestigial just like how I thought doing pigs daily for bacon or cows for steak to sell would be a good idea.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Fhqwhgads posted:

I stopped investing into wine at like 700 grapes per day and even that was way too much once I got my pets online. You only need 4/6? Grape Juice per day and your cellar fills up before you know it and becomes vestigial just like how I thought doing pigs daily for bacon or cows for steak to sell would be a good idea.

With the 3% chance of 20 days perk you can pick a day when you have a ton of wine at full age, sell it, stash, sell all 0 day wine, repeat until you have your wine stack size down to something reasonable. Not the most profitable time, but better silver than voiding wine.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Sell half your wine every 20 days.
Matches the 20 day perk well, doesnt waste much silver (selling 40 day wines instead of 37) and means you only need to check the cellar once every 20 days instead of daily.
Or just skip it entirely as its a pittance once you are T100 and get 6b from LN every day.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've stopped looking at my wine cellar because I don't want to click three bottles for 45m silver then dump three more in. I'll just wait until they're all ready and offload them at once. Only have to do that every 54 days or whatever.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
With fruit punch in the soap shop I am curious - how much of the available cooking XP is granted but using one? Is it just the base meal amount as though cooked without stir/season/taste or?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Corn Jail doesn't seem so bad
Has three 300 corn requests at once
...ah

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I am now in Herb jail and am pining for the days of corn jail.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Saxophone posted:

I am now in Herb jail and am pining for the days of corn jail.

Is there even a good way to get out of it?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Is there even a good way to get out of it?

There are two pets that have it as their level 6 find and one of them requires 99x4.

Which is to say, no. At least with the corn I could grow it.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Game needs an apiary and an herb garden.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Saxophone posted:

There are two pets that have it as their level 6 find and one of them requires 99x4.

Ok yeah that is what I thought lol

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I'm never going to get this golden spud...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

11,874 potatoes grown total and I guess I picked up a second Gold Potato at some point?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Saxophone posted:

Grinding herbs does get you fruit and raptors though.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Sure, but my inventory is like 1200ish so I’m getting pretty close to daily antler capacity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

I still only have one egg lol