Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Any leads or indications on whats to come for future releases? I just got into this game and I'm looking to expand into a midnight sons team, but I know Blade is near impossible to find right now- do you guys think that they will release an affiliation four pack with him and maybe moon knight and strange and someone else? Dont want to hunt seperate boxes if theyre just going to package them together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I could see a 4pack with Blade, MK, Strange1+Wong.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Haven't heard anything myself, aside from some vague X-Men rumors. I know I'd be really hyped for some more Guardian characters. Phyla and Moondragon, maybe. Plenty of potential Web Warriors out there too, starting with Silk.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is there a resource somewhere that says which tokens come in what?

I ask because I got the Luke Cage and Iron Fist box and despite Luke causing slow, there's no slow tokens. If they come in something I'm planning on getting down the line anyway I'll wait, otherwise I'll make/buy some. Currently I'm just using random tokens from another game.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I got Slow tokens from the Miles & Gwen box, pretty sure you get them with Amazing & Black Cat too. I also got a couple with She-Hulk.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

John Romero posted:

Any leads or indications on whats to come for future releases? I just got into this game and I'm looking to expand into a midnight sons team, but I know Blade is near impossible to find right now- do you guys think that they will release an affiliation four pack with him and maybe moon knight and strange and someone else? Dont want to hunt seperate boxes if theyre just going to package them together.

whenever they do X-Men again it's all but confirmed that Jubilee/Shadowcat/Nightcrawler/Psylocke are next, given subtle hints (t-shirts they've worn and commented on in past streams) about those 4 and how much they love them. IIRC Spider-Man characters have been mentioned as getting more minis in the future so I'm expecting to see the Sinister Six rounded out.

Blade/Moon Knight is around like 35 bux on Amazon USA right now though it's listed as taking up to 2 weeks to deliver. Some boxes have gone thru ebb and flow with being available but they ultimately always restock.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

whenever they do X-Men again it's all but confirmed that Jubilee/Shadowcat/Nightcrawler/Psylocke are next, given subtle hints (t-shirts they've worn and commented on in past streams) about those 4 and how much they love them. IIRC Spider-Man characters have been mentioned as getting more minis in the future so I'm expecting to see the Sinister Six rounded out.
I'm really hoping we get the Iron Spider at some point, and if we do that it's more comic-styled as opposed to the MCU version

quote:

Blade/Moon Knight is around like 35 bux on Amazon USA right now though it's listed as taking up to 2 weeks to deliver. Some boxes have gone thru ebb and flow with being available but they ultimately always restock.
It's because it's coming from a UK warehouse. I just got that box through the same listing.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

give me the Man-Thing // Howard the Duck Gerberbox AMG

give it to mmeeeEEEE

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shrecknet posted:

give me the Man-Thing // Howard the Duck Gerberbox AMG

give it to mmeeeEEEE

Throw in Jennifer Kale and Doctor Bong and make it a four pack. Do it cowards, you won't.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
I'm assuming it's spider foes, web warriors and probably midnight sons to tie in with the game release. There was also that unsubstantiated leak earlier this year of upcoming releases. Rhino was slated for jan/Dec.

I want to know if November is empty because they plan to do another balance/errata update like last year.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Hoboskins posted:

I'm assuming it's spider foes, web warriors and probably midnight sons to tie in with the game release. There was also that unsubstantiated leak earlier this year of upcoming releases. Rhino was slated for jan/Dec.

I want to know if November is empty because they plan to do another balance/errata update like last year.

A lot of people are predicting... something. AMG has been quiet about MCP since the rescheduled ministrav and with a full month of no releases plus a silently delayed affiliation box... it would feel pretty bad if they don't announce something.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

tbh they had been announcing poo poo waaaaaaay before release for a while and had to play catch up for like a year and a half. I think they are skipping November due to shopping/merchandise stuff i.e. get the Weapon-X/Brotherhood poo poo out for Christmas orders so just stall til then.

I think it's way too early for another balance/errata update when we only just got that card pack in the summer but I'd bet mid-Dec or January there's a bunch of previews for the next release cycle.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They're having a ton of problems with Legion right now so stuff might just be on fire right now and they have an empty release month, nobody really knows.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I would be ok with an every other month release schedule. Game is growing pretty quickly.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Probably going to take a while to iron out the details on the new character that detects the presence of a malekith mini on the table and literally melts it

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Fyrbrand posted:

Honestly I would be ok with an every other month release schedule. Game is growing pretty quickly.

I would be totally down with this. Growing a game too quickly means not being able to actually test all the interactions.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Signal posted:

I would be totally down with this. Growing a game too quickly means not being able to actually test all the interactions.

Looks like the new Star Wars game they just announced may explain the recent silence from AMG, and inform release schedules going forward.

https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/status/1590388822675968001?s=20&t=1mELc7EfT7V5-5OMrgfRDA

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Those lightsabers not being straight even in the show-off models is a wonderful sign for sure!

Also if they had real courage they'd make 'em compatible. Come on AMG, lemme field Poe and Moon Knight on the same squad.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 9, 2022

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Question on team tactics cards.

Example: Siege of Darkness
"Active - Any number of Midnight Sons characters may spend 2 Power each to play this card. Each character that spend Power may immediately perform an attack with a Power cost of 0."

If I have an out of affiliation character in play but my squad is still Midnight Sons affiliation can they pay 2 power to join in on it?

Gut instinct says no, but I've been listening to a few podcasts and they talked about using it with non-Midnight Sons characters.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Floppychop posted:

Question on team tactics cards.

Example: Siege of Darkness
"Active - Any number of Midnight Sons characters may spend 2 Power each to play this card. Each character that spend Power may immediately perform an attack with a Power cost of 0."

If I have an out of affiliation character in play but my squad is still Midnight Sons affiliation can they pay 2 power to join in on it?

Gut instinct says no, but I've been listening to a few podcasts and they talked about using it with non-Midnight Sons characters.

your gut instinct is correct. Those podcasters are either communicating poorly or cheating.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

It was the Danger Room podcast. It was suggested by a local dude.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

huh, that's odd. They generally have a good grasp of the mechanics.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Depends on the context. Non MS can not attack with the card, but can use it on their activation with a benefit. Most known is mystique as you cant use defensive super powers throughout all of the siege because it is technically her activation.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Yeah outside the shapeshifter example, I actually can't think of any other rule that would interact with the card that would make any suggestion of non Midnight Sons characters playing the card make sense. Unless they got it wrong.

In fact this card is an excellent example of a tactics card that should encourage you to bring a fully affiliated team. Something I really wish AMG would focus on more.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hoboskins posted:

In fact this card is an excellent example of a tactics card that should encourage you to bring a fully affiliated team. Something I really wish AMG would focus on more.
Corvus Glaive has entered the chat

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

How exactly does the timing work on someone taking enough damage to get KO'd, power gained from that damage, and the ability to use a reactive power or tactics card?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

You gain the power simultaneous with the damage taken, so you can spend that power to play cards.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Unless the reaction is to taking the damage itself. So you can't use Juggernaut's Nice Punch with the power you'd gain from the damage you are reducing. But you could use Age of Ultron or Deal with the Devil using the power you gained from the damage that KO'd you.

As another potential confusion point, remember you only take damage (and therefore gain power) up to your stamina. So if you have a character with 8 stamina, but 6 damage on them, who gets hit for 5 damage, only 2 damage is actually applied. So that character would only get 2 power (and the attacker would only gain 2 power if they attacked with a builder)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The timing element of MCP is pretty intricate, but it's also laid out pretty clearly in the expanded rules (page 25-26). Basically there is a step where characters take damage and gain power (12) and then the attack is resolved in the following step (13). So if you take damage and gain power, you can use that on a Reactive that has been triggered before the attack is considered resolved. I don't think there are many effects that trigger in that spot besides The Age of Ultron and Deal with the Devil; Bob's But HOW?! is also in that space, but requires no power.

You do need to be attentive to if things trigger on target, modify dice, before damage, or after resolved, because it can get a little complicated if there are multiple effects at different steps.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Ok cool, we played it correctly then. We weren't exactly sure if the character was KO'd the moment it got damage equal to its stamina. We did look at the timing steps in the rule book and couldn't find when exactly the character is declared KO'd. Would be in step 13 or 14?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Atomic Mass must be keeping track of the 3D printed 3rd party stuff because they upped their game to an insane level with this big boy

Hope this means Vulture, Sandman, and Electro are coming next month too!

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

Rhino is potentially confirmation for the leak earlier in the year. Somebody posted a release schedule, rhino was at the top of the list. According to the list emma frost (two versions) is likely to be next.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hoboskins posted:

Rhino is potentially confirmation for the leak earlier in the year. Somebody posted a release schedule, rhino was at the top of the list. According to the list emma frost (two versions) is likely to be next.

I keep hearing about this leak but I've been unable to find it anywhere, did anyone save it?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is that leak where it was rumored Nightcrawler, Psylocke and Kitty Pryde were on the way?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

DLC Inc posted:

I keep hearing about this leak but I've been unable to find it anywhere, did anyone save it?

This came out in like late June and hasn't been wrong yet

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

CaptCommy posted:

This came out in like late June and hasn't been wrong yet

It came out after most of the "correct" guesses were already confirmed by AMG though. It's shown some promise, but I wouldn't take it as fact yet

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

putting Vulture with Shocker while still leaving out Sandman and Electro would be some hosed up poo poo lol. I can't imagine how Mephisto would play out.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DLC Inc posted:

putting Vulture with Shocker while still leaving out Sandman and Electro would be some hosed up poo poo lol. I can't imagine how Mephisto would play out.

Dormammu 2: Dormammu Harder

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Murderkitty brought back to the realm of reality. You can now get re-rolls against him (SLDD is playable) and Charge is not auto-on t1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

big beats

pretty well-deserved though it could end up being a step too far. Malekith might now be viable in Steve (who's broken) but bad as a Cabal leader, which would be tragic. Still, it's definitely good for the game and should at least briefly quiet the doomers declaring that AMG no longer cares about MCP