Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Him and Griffin running to Florida probably means that they will shift their focus to DeSantis running for President in 2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Also, Dan Proft and Richard Uhlein can gently caress themselves.

Evergreen.

e: I thought Proft moved to Naples, FL years ago. I guess maybe he kept his condo so he could claim he "lived" here. :rolleyes:

Big Black Dick fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 8, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The 'ol Sean Thompson gambit!

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Heading out to a polling place as a first time election judge where I will see maybe 400 people vote all day long…

Prediction: Pritzker wins but Bailey does better than Rauner and Rauner can poo poo himself in Florida because a nobody from Xenia did better than a billionaire.

Also, Dan Proft and Richard Uhlein can gently caress themselves.

I'm oracle and I approve this message.

Seriously though, thank you for doing this, it does help a lot. Especially if you're a big white guy, they're less likely to gently caress with things.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Anyone see the ad with Dennis something or other driving a tiny car like dennis the menace, it made me giggle but I can't find it to share.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I've gotten texts that are "Democrats are lying that we're going to take away abortion, the IL Supreme Court and the governor have said abortion is safe for abortion, don't believe their lies that abortion is on the ballot" as well as "DEMONCRATS want to stack the Supreme Court and make it impossible to ban abortion!!!!", chuds really need to get their story straight

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Just your friendly reminder to vote yes on Amendment 1. It needs 2/3rds to pass so might not make it but only Uihlein is funding everything against it and gently caress that guy.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

HootTheOwl posted:

Anyone see the ad with Dennis something or other driving a tiny car like dennis the menace, it made me giggle but I can't find it to share.

I have seen it, and I love it.

That said I will be glad to not see a political ad on Pluto for the next (checks watch) seven weeks after today

Line to early-vote in DuPage yesterday at the fairgrounds took an hour to get through!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Him and Griffin running to Florida probably means that they will shift their focus to DeSantis running for President in 2024.

I'm going to enjoy watching Trump tear the Republican party apart.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Deathlove posted:

I have seen it, and I love it.

That said I will be glad to not see a political ad on Pluto for the next (checks watch) seven weeks after today

Line to early-vote in DuPage yesterday at the fairgrounds took an hour to get through!

can you tell me who it's for?
against?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Are the two extra things on the ballot home rule and the union amendment 1? Anything else?

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
There's something in cook county for a tax supporting the forest preserve

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Nash posted:

Are the two extra things on the ballot home rule and the union amendment 1? Anything else?

vote for home rule and amendment 1. If you have a tax supporting the forest preserve vote for that too they need money for trail maint. Covid meant a lot more usage of outdoor public spaces and it shows in wear and tear.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Bailey will probably outperform Rauner, but a lot of people forget how roundly despised Rauner was by literally everyone in the state by the end of his term. At least there's some level of constituency for Bailey, but Rauner had no one - didn't he even piss off the IPI people by the end?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Oracle posted:

Seriously though, thank you for doing this, it does help a lot. Especially if you're a big white guy, they're less likely to gently caress with things.

How the hell did you know I was a big white guy….*looks at the forums*….oh.

This area is looking on par with 2020 votes (middle of nowhere).
2020 total votes were around 250
Right now after 4.5 hours, we are at 90.

Also, before we opened up, there were two Bailey signs by the roadway and near the entrance to the parking lot. I took them both down but the R judge went out and put them up down the road….he is now reading a book about Reagan after he went on a rant (with no one present) about how permanent vote by mail is all fraud because he was a mailman.

7.5 hours left to go!!!

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Wouldn’t an election judge openly reading a book about a hardcore republican and also putting up signs nearby himself be a violation ?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Only if Reagan was on the ballot.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

He is in our hearts.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Nash posted:

He is in our hearts.

Oh that explains that pain.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

If it was in our brains, that would explain our dementia.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

How about MAGA hats? Doesn’t supporting a political party run afoul of electioneering laws?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nash posted:

How about MAGA hats? Doesn’t supporting a political party run afoul of electioneering laws?

That would be against electioneering laws, yes.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I don’t know if anyone is doing it, but the Marion county clerk has ruled that MAGA hats are fine because Trump isn’t on the ballot so it’s fine.

Edit: Yeah I’m looking at a post now from the Marion County clerk. He says voters are allowed to wear MAGA or Trump gear because Trump isn’t on the ballot.

Nash fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 8, 2022

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

During our training a few weeks ago, that is what they pretty much laid it out as. If a person is on the ballot or is actively running for office, then that becomes electioneering.

If they are not, then you are okay to wear those clothes.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

HootTheOwl posted:

can you tell me who it's for?
against?

it is enough that it broke through my "gently caress election ads" and "Vampire Survivors on Steamdeck" auras enough to remember the funny man driving the cartoon cars. i have no more details. i am not sorry for this.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Just voted in Naperville at mu local polling place. There was a little bit of a wait but I was in and out in about 15 minutes.

Straight Democrat ticket and said yes to the various proposals. In Naperville there were 3. Expanding EV charging stations, grants for small businesses, and more access for mental health care including a tax increase to help pay for it. Ot course I also ssid yes to the collective bargaining amendment.

Now its time to wait and see how the rest of the country lights itself on fire.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Nash posted:

I don’t know if anyone is doing it, but the Marion county clerk has ruled that MAGA hats are fine because Trump isn’t on the ballot so it’s fine.

Edit: Yeah I’m looking at a post now from the Marion County clerk. He says voters are allowed to wear MAGA or Trump gear because Trump isn’t on the ballot.

I'm a little surprised by this since MAGA seems to be more of a full-on Republican party thing, not just a Trump thing, but I guess technically it's not electioneering this year, so I stand corrected.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Test the waters, hand out some water bottles and report back what happens.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

I got thrown out for my Mondale-Ferraro pin :sigh:

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I think the correct answer is that it is a red as hell county and those rules are only for libs.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I wore a shirt that said "Science - Like Magic but Real" and I expected chuds to complain it was a political statement.

Anyways - I voted. Blue down the line when possible, blank when not. For workers rights and our local school funding referendum. hosed if I was voting for a single republican, even those running unopposed.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I posted this in the Chicago thread but probably better for here:

So are the election judges really aggressive this year? My GF was hassled about a signature match and someone demanded my Mom give her ID out in the burbs today. Never had a problem voting before in Illinois.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I was voter 311 in my area and when I made a comment about it no one got it.

Either way, voted blue and to get more funding for mental health.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Niwrad posted:

I posted this in the Chicago thread but probably better for here:

So are the election judges really aggressive this year? My GF was hassled about a signature match and someone demanded my Mom give her ID out in the burbs today. Never had a problem voting before in Illinois.

Chicago polling places are really understaffed this year, less polling places too.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I felt bad, I planned to be a judge again this year, but work and childcare schedules did not allow it. Should be able to do 2024. I guess I could work in the city election next year, but my god it would be boring. Turnout is awful for those.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Not by training. I have seen multiple horrible signatures but drat, our signatures change and all depend on the physical position you were in when you signed it (also, some are electronic signatures which just suck).

Those people are

1) probably not from the area
2) they have been sent there by God (aka Bailey or Trump) himself to find all of the election thieves.
3) on obvious power trips so they make anyone’s life a hell if they see them as an “out group”.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

You should challenge the chud judge on his signature and claim he isn’t who he says he is.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
And then sign copying their signature and claim you're them and they're engaging in electioneering

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Im in a collar county and all my judges are really pleasant old people. I could probably guess how they vote but they don't do anything overt to make it obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
They used to scrutinize my signature because I don't sign it anything like I did in 1989. I used to have to be careful to copy the old one and they told me I'd have to go down to the office and fill out a new card if I wanted to change it.

The last two elections have had my current squiggle signature on the card. Maybe got it from my driver's license?

Two people ahead of me in line had to show ID because their signatures didn't match. The little old ladies manning the polls were quite nice about it though.