Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Looper posted:

eh i don't typically do postgame stuff

It's not nice to troll the games chat thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It was not, it was released this year... I have walked into the trap of like, i can't put the title behind spoilers because that doesn't actually solve the problem lol

Do it anyway

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Was it :siren: AI SOMNIUM FILES 2 SPOILERS:siren: AI Somnium Files 2?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Oh I missed that AI: The Somnium Files left game pass. Would've liked to have checked it out, but I have no idea if it's something I'd like enough to justify spending money on.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Regy Rusty posted:

Do it anyway

Hmm...

I can say that it is one of the games in this image

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Football Manager 2023 I knew it!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sonic is good

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

This week I played the video game 'Lacuna,' which I bought using nintendo coins therefore it was free. It was a good little cyber-noir mystery game with the story guided by whether or not you make correct deductions.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh that reminds me was that FMV detective game any good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Gabriel Knight is pretty well regarded yeah

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jerusalem posted:

Was it Dragon Quest XI? Though I wouldn't necessarily call that a "bad ending", just a bittersweet one.... followed by saving EVERYBODY :hellyeah:

Act 3 of DQ11 loving sucked.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh that reminds me was that FMV detective game any good

Contradiction: Spot the Liar? I played that with friends a couple months ago and it was solid.

The last part of the game feels pretty rushed and kinda fails to deliver, but the campy overacting throughout is very charming. I'm definitely making a character based off Inspector Jenkins next time I play DnD.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

smh if you didn't ask about Simon's homebrew and throw up the devil horns in every interrogation

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
On Friday evening and Sunday afternoon/evening I woke SO many Winds.

I have been utterly exhausted for the last five weeks and am getting more tired every day so I do not have a clue what is doing that, but I am hoping that I too will be woken like the winds by Link.

Wind Waker, in all seriousness, is my favourite Zelda game. Yes, I have a limited experience, but it feels to me as though it is a more refined version of what Ocarina and Majora were going for and that the gamecube allowed the tech to really pull through. (I am not having as much trouble with Z targeting, for instance.)

Also there was a real mind blown moment for me at the end of Friday, start of Sunday: Hyrule is UNDER the great sea and this is a direct continuation of Ocarina of Time!! What!! And that when Link went to visit Termina in Majora that is when everything went to pot!!!

Oh it was so great to learn all that.

Also I keep forgetting to do things, like change wind direction or jump off a platform and use the deku leaf to sail across the sea to win a prize. I have so many little islands to return to though! I think tonight I am going to attempt to find the Cyclone dude. :hai:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

I am not having as much trouble with Z targeting, for instance.

I have one floating handed boss that says otherwise

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh no...I forgot about that boss...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Talking to someone about a recent game and they said "oh the how long to beat seems super inaccurate" (because they got faked out by a false ending and credits lol)

Oh yeah you have to wear both rings at the clock room.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I appreciate Nier Automata explicitly telling players that the game wasn't over after getting the first full ending in an attempt to ward off bad reviewers who would have stopped playing right there.

Not sure if it helped, cause i remember some people complaining the game was too short a day after release.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Yeah it felt like people just didn't believe the message.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

if incurious people bought a $60 game and thought it was over that quickly, sometimes you just gotta let that be their problem

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Jeez, Sae [Persona 5] turned out to be pile of poo poo herself

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Rinkles posted:

She’s a cop op. Or a lawyer working with cops, same diff.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

she is a cop

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
she's also the stock character of "woman in a 'man's' job so she feels like she has to work ten times as hard to get ahead" hence her attitude at a lot of points, but also she's a cop

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
All Prosecutors Are Bastards

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ffxiv is making gangbusters, but square still wants to try and go broke

https://www.mmorpg.com/interviews/f...ocus-2000126584

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think square is just releasing as many small/jank AA titles as they can before FF16 makes a few bazillion dollars

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Am I allowed to like Edgeworth and Gumshoe

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Saint Freak posted:

well, yes, they're a subset of lawyers and all lawyers are bad

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

Am I allowed to like Edgeworth and Gumshoe

It's unclear what kind of legal system they even operate under so I will say 'tentatively'.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rinkles posted:

she is extremely stressed and saying something she doesnt mean, out of anger. like a real human does.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

well, yes, they're a subset of lawyers and all lawyers are bad

Except for the talented lawyers of Wright Anything Agency, who aren't so much as lawyers as they are people who badger witnesses endlessly until they admit guilt out of frustration

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

P5 Sae comes around later on in the game to how badly she's been treating her sister and how she should stop girlbossing for a bunch of dudes who see her as a disposable pawn at best, but she still remains a cop so :shrug:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Stux posted:

she is extremely stressed and saying something she doesnt mean, out of anger. like a real human does.

I get it but there are things a parent/guardian shouldn't say to their kids. It's the kind of thing that can push a troubled teen over the edge. And she ends by saying she's not gonna eat dinner at home anymore. Maybe she meant because of work, but it was an awful thing to follow-up with.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
she should be killed

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
oh she's talking to her kid? yikes

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I get it but there are things a parent/guardian shouldn't say to their kids. It's the kind of thing that can push a troubled teen over the edge. And she ends by saying she's not gonna eat dinner at home anymore. Maybe she meant because of work, but it was an awful thing to follow-up with.

she said that because she instantly realized what a hosed up thing the previous line was was to say and chose to distance herself from Makoto to avoid doing it again (but not apologize, that’s too big a lift)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

(but not apologize, that’s too big a lift)

she does say sorry.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looper posted:

oh she's talking to her kid? yikes

her sister, she's her guardian though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.