Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
seems like a parenting skills issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

That kid got owned lol

The kid ALSO wants to be a cop, so who's to say if calling her useless is good or bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

How can the Persona series be known for complex looks at human relationships, both outward and inner and still have poo poo like this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

How can the Persona series be known for complex looks at human relationships, both outward and inner and still have poo poo like this

https://i.imgur.com/ZFYErXt.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/ywQUGql.jpeg

because the producer of Persona 5 is homophobic, op

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
why do those guys grow two feet between model and cg?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think that's the tie-in anime, not the cg

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

owning kids is really easy

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm pretty sure I could take on at least 8 five-year olds at once and win easily.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
This is why people should buy SMTV instead

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also anyone who says persona 5 involves "complex looks at human relationships" should play more games, or stop being a game critic in the year 2017

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Given that she was forced to raise her teen sister since her dad died three years ago, no wonder her parenting skills suck hard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Andrast posted:

owning kids is really easy

Yeah my 5 month old crapped his diaper yesterday and I'm like "lol bruh use a toilet"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
for the record that scene was changed in the Royal re-release in the English version to be slightly less offensive which i have mixed feelings about but the actual answer is that there's a reason that everyone in the Persona thread wanted the main producer of that series to leave

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
fight one million children

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Feels Villeneuve posted:

because the producer of Persona 5 is homophobic, op

He's gone now IIRC so hopefully P6 doesn't have any of that crap.

Also part of Sae and her sisters situation is that their dad somewhat recently got whacked so Sae got thrust into a parental role she wasn't ready for while managing her high stress job.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Now that Hashino is on the fantasy game that might not exist, I'd love for Persona 6 to be written and directed by someone who believes a better world is possible in any way.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Feldegast42 posted:

P5 Sae comes around later on in the game to how badly she's been treating her sister and how she should stop girlbossing for a bunch of dudes who see her as a disposable pawn at best, but she still remains a cop so :shrug:

She becomes a defense lawyer actually

Edit lol I have gotten too used to discord, also this is a plot point in p5s as well

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Waffleman_ posted:

Now that Hashino is on the fantasy game that might not exist, I'd love for Persona 6 to be written and directed by someone who believes a better world is possible in any way.

Is this in reference to the ending? Note that I'm only at the third heist.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah my 5 month old crapped his diaper yesterday and I'm like "lol bruh use a toilet"

tbh that sounds more like they owned you since you had to clean it up

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i believe the new stuff in Royal was written by new writers and it's really good though it's not hard to beat the story writing in Persona 5

P5 had an infamously protracted development and was rewritten multiple times up to release, which is partially why the translation isn't up to snuff, and explains why the anime cutscenes feel so out-of-place sometimes (because they were produced prior to story rewrites)

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 8, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Is this in reference to the ending? Note that I'm only at the third heist.

I don't know the specifics of 5's ending, but it's a big thing in 4.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
4 can kinda make sense as a "it turns out i like doing the thing society was forcing me to do, except this time i choose to do it" but yeah it's notable for being lowercase-c conservative that way

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Base P5 ending after you take down not-Shinzo Abe he still gets elected, and it turns out that not-Igor is actually not-God whose trying to brainwash all of Tokyo / Japan because they like it? Then you attack and dethrone him and everything goes back to normal, even though society is still pretty hosed up all thing considered.

In Royal the game continues and takes the story in a much more interesting (and logical imho) direction, although there are still some quibbles I have with it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

TheWorldsaStage posted:

How can the Persona series be known for complex looks at human relationships, both outward and inner

It definitely is not

Ometeotl fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 8, 2022

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i got more out of the one route of somnium files i did than the entirety of persona 4

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

well, yes, they're a subset of lawyers and all lawyers are bad
Saul Goodman is my friend and I would trust him with my life

rox
Sep 7, 2016

uchikoshi games freakin own

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Uhhhhhh speaking of softlocks

https://i.imgur.com/eyxXS9j.mp4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Blue Labrador posted:

Contradiction: Spot the Liar? I played that with friends a couple months ago and it was solid.

The last part of the game feels pretty rushed and kinda fails to deliver, but the campy overacting throughout is very charming. I'm definitely making a character based off Inspector Jenkins next time I play DnD.

I was thinking about The Centennial Case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSfmnDYPIQ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/gamedatalibrary/status/1590003819425173510?s=46&t=svGHk64ZOrSD8-yq7WZmMw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also splatoon 3 apparently sold twice as much in japan than worldwide. they love splatoon apparently and hell so do i

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Big strategic error by Pokemon splitting the vote there

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A nation of nintendrones

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hell yeah, now imagine if they had done content updates

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wintendo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There's an injury lawyer near Cleveland named Tim Misny, who has billboards evey where with I think long ago, you know...contact information. They've kept devolving over time.

No contact information

No...information?

This is the current one that I can find online at least, but I swear last time I was in Cleveland I saw one that was even more a close up of his eye though. Like literally just a giant eye.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Any idea what the actual source for this is other than a twitter account with 5 thousand followers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
aren't nintendo physical sales published for investors unlike a lot of PC digital sales