Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

It's tempting to say that the democrats are blowing it deliberately so they can have an easier time fundraising without having any expectations that they actually accomplish anything. But I think this is a more straightforward tale of hubris. They can't admit that material conditions are getting worse for people, because that would damage their egos by getting them to admit that getting a democrat into the white house didn't deliver the sudden transformation of America they convinced themselves it would during the Trump presidency. So they ignore reality and tell everyone who tries to reason with them that they shouldn't believe their own lying eyes. It's frustrating because as usual anyone who is trying to warn them of the mistake they are making is going to be accused of being a secret GOP operative or something. When in reality they're trying to get them to correct course before they blow what should have been an easy win given how unlikeable the GOP have managed to be even in opposition.

this is a correct analysis except i don't want the democrat party to change course, i want it to die like a dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

I just went over all the posts I made in this thread. And the thing I've been saying since May is "all the dems have to do in order to win is pretend to give a poo poo about the problems voters face, they don't even need to propose any policy, they just need to feign a bit of empathy." And they just... haven't done that. It should be so easy. I don't understand why democratic partisans put up with this rank incompetence. I mean, for the people in leadership positions they can afford to lose and then just fundraise, or get cushy lobbying gigs after they lose their seats. But the ordinary voters are so pathetic for not demanding a purge of all the losers who keep pissing away winnable elections. When Republicans fail the base demands blood, so they actually purge people who don't please the base. But democrats seem to think blind loyalty to party leadership is a virtue.

to a certain degree its blind loyalty and other part that alot of liberals are also racist smug turds

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

I just went over all the posts I made in this thread. And the thing I've been saying since May is "all the dems have to do in order to win is pretend to give a poo poo about the problems voters face, they don't even need to propose any policy, they just need to feign a bit of empathy." And they just... haven't done that. It should be so easy. I don't understand why democratic partisans put up with this rank incompetence. I mean, for the people in leadership positions they can afford to lose and then just fundraise, or get cushy lobbying gigs after they lose their seats. But the ordinary voters are so pathetic for not demanding a purge of all the losers who keep pissing away winnable elections. When Republicans fail the base demands blood, so they actually purge people who don't please the base. But democrats seem to think blind loyalty to party leadership is a virtue.

Democrats/liberals dont give a poo poo about material conditions. All they care about is stocking oppressive capitalist monopolies/institutions like corporations, banks, private prisons, intel agencies, and the military with minorities and women. They’ve never given a poo poo about providing basic sustenance necessities like healthcare, public housing, and a living wage to the population and never will

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
It’s amazing how diabolical it is. In effect democrats/liberals’ whole thing is branding/dismissing opposition to capitalism and the free market as bigotry, racism, and phobic. It’s why chris hedges calls democrats the more effective evil

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
please no walls of text of "analysis" unless it is a funny meltdown

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
we're all here to have fun

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

urge to read D&D....rising.... :negative:

Just let it ferment a bit longer, this evening should produce a fine vintage.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Axetrain posted:

Just let it ferment a bit longer, this evening should produce a fine vintage.

spoiler alert, current phrase of denial is "it's too early to know, just stop posting bad news and wait" mixed with some "election results are unknowable until they happen" stuff

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

FistEnergy posted:

urge to read D&D....rising.... :negative:

they're the same

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

cope is old news. I am here for the seethe

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
can't wait to be dangling from the end of a rope while my phone blows up with democratic fundraising texts 🥳

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Scraping up resin hits of Guam election news to hopefully hold me over until the real poo poo hits

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
'cuz if you think the chuds are emboldened now, just wait until the republicans sweep congress

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
https://twitter.com/Politidope/status/1300231610701352960?t=29UGhGuZ1x6l1ldOAr22Kw&s=19

Don't worry guys this is the fired up energy that's going to save the dems

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

MLSM posted:

Democrats/liberals dont give a poo poo about material conditions. All they care about is stocking oppressive capitalist monopolies/institutions like corporations, banks, private prisons, intel agencies, and the military with minorities and women. They’ve never given a poo poo about providing basic sustenance necessities like healthcare, public housing, and a living wage to the population and never will

but they don't have to give a poo poo, they just have to pretend to, it should be so easy...

my big theory on liberals is that they are, by and large, overgrown teachers pets who are eternally seeking out some sort of authority figure to please, they can't rebel against the party the way the GOP base routinely does (people forget that Trump started out as a rebellion against the old guard Republican leadership) because that would be naughty. And they desperately need to be told that they are good little boys and girls who follow all the rules and are better at doing homework than anyone else.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

quote:

If people actually refuse to turn out this election I hope student loan forgiveness is killed and rent skyrockets. gently caress them, people apparently need to suffer before realizing Republicans won't fix poo poo

:monocle:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

man no wonder people just cant help themselves and vote for these losers

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

hell yea, its the plebes fault they've once again failed the perfect leadership team of biden, pelosi, and schumer

speng31b
May 8, 2010

yikes

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

I just went over all the posts I made in this thread. And the thing I've been saying since May is "all the dems have to do in order to win is pretend to give a poo poo about the problems voters face, they don't even need to propose any policy, they just need to feign a bit of empathy."

Mr. Clinton, your services are no longer needed

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

moot the hopple posted:

https://twitter.com/Politidope/status/1300231610701352960?t=29UGhGuZ1x6l1ldOAr22Kw&s=19

Don't worry guys this is the fired up energy that's going to save the dems

Actually it looks like you need media and civics training

https://twitter.com/Politidope/status/1590067693558059008?t=ZXSSeF7blaDiF3JHiSRZxA&s=19

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I wonder why people aren't happy with a completely unresponsive zombie party whose only grip on power is by holding a whole nation hostage to the other, actively hostile party

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

MLSM posted:

All they care about is stocking oppressive capitalist monopolies/institutions like corporations, banks, private prisons, intel agencies, and the military with minorities and women.

They don't even really care about that, but it is their brand.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1590055044430581760

The dirty used needle

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Cerebral Bore posted:

this is a correct analysis except i don't want the democrat party to change course, i want it to die like a dog

it's really an either/or thing for me, I want them to either change or to die off. What I hate is that they probably keep being the same mediocre losers forever. No matter how bad conditions get.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:sickos:

Griz
May 21, 2001

voted for the larouchite because schumer loving sucks

rest of ballot is entirely pointless because i got redistricted into R+9

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

most empathetic liberal

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I've decided I'm not even going to check in anywhere today. The dems are fully aware of what they're doing and I'm just tired of thinking the kabuki is real when it so obviously is not. Better to watch it burn from a distance.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

it's really an either/or thing for me, I want them to either change or to die off. What I hate is that they probably keep being the same mediocre losers forever. No matter how bad conditions get.

Well not changing means they will die off, that's what dying off looks like, just a completely irrelevant party of losers that leaves a massive vacuum of power for the right to scoop up.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

LastInLine posted:

Mr. Clinton, your services are no longer needed

given how often I hear "we just need to be moderate like Bill Clinton" whenever I try to reason with democrats it's amazing how little they actually understand of what actually made Clinton a successful politician

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

In Training posted:

Well not changing means they will die off, that's what dying off looks like, just a completely irrelevant party of losers that leaves a massive vacuum of power for the right to scoop up.

if that happens they'll still exist as a rump party taking up all the space that could go to an actually effective opposition, forever and ever and ever, until this whole experiment collapses

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

given how often I hear "we just need to be moderate like Bill Clinton" whenever I try to reason with democrats it's amazing how little they actually understand of what actually made Clinton a successful politician

lol remember in 2016 when he told Hillary she needed to pretend to give a poo poo and she said STFU BILL

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My life for needle! I live or die as needle demands!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I hope all the hosed up poo poo that's already happening and already not being fixed by democrats continues to happen and not be fixed by democrats to people who dare not to vote for the democrats.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Cerebral Bore posted:

:hellyeah:

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

LastInLine posted:

lol remember in 2016 when he told Hillary she needed to pretend to give a poo poo and she said STFU BILL

just an absolutely amazing parade of unforced errors from her that year, my favourite was the "hot sauce in my bag" thing that stunlocked even the lib radio hosts interviewing her

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
"If we broke up the banks would that end racism forever?"

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Lol i just remembered kamala is the vp, haven't thought about her in months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

just an absolutely amazing parade of unforced errors from her that year, my favourite was the "hot sauce in my bag" thing that stunlocked even the lib radio hosts interviewing her

The irony of this one is she documentably likes hot sauce a lot, pre-2016, but everyone instantly assumed it was pandering because she's so loathsome