Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

this is stupid but how do you play Reaper?
shoot people frontline near your tank

or

teleport to enemy backline on high ground or cover out of line sight from your side of the map (initiation timed when or right after fight starts), get close, shoot them, wraith away to healing when you have too much pressure, repeat

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

comedyblissoption posted:

shoot people frontline near your tank

or

teleport to enemy backline on high ground or cover out of line sight from your side of the map (initiation timed when or right after fight starts), get close, shoot them, wraith away to healing when you have too much pressure, repeat

Good stuff.

Also: Murder anything that fucks with your healers. Don't run up to the enemy and then ult. Either ult when they're unaware or ult when they're helpless (say, Zarya or Sigma has also ulted). Get behind them and ult or go forward like you're brawling, complete with taking some shots, hell, maybe with getting a pick and then "accidentally" wind up in the center of their team and then ult. If you just wraith into the middle of some guys, they'll know that you're going to ult and dome you. Remember you can move with your ult, too, so you can run up to a damaged tank, be shooting at them, advance past their shields, and just let 'er rip.

If you see the word "Stuck" pop up, wraith.

You can cancel Wraith if you're somewhere you want to fight, or if you're away from the enemy. This gets it on cooldown faster, which in turn gets it off cool down faster.

Learn to hit meat. Hitting heads is great, but start with getting the majority of your shot into meat.

You can and should shoot at birds.

EDIT
Try to let people know that It's in the Refrigerator.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 8, 2022

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Mystery hero mode has turned me into a Brig fan.

Also, I still hate Moira.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Moira hatred is real, i swapped to her because no peels so I figured "fine, i'll peel for myself". At the end of lost fights i'd throw damage orbs and fight on cart to delay for a few seconds. That's maybe 300 hp or so. A reaper on my team goes "Moira you have as much damage as me, you're not healing enough".

I also have more healing than every other healer in the game. It's nice to be able to point at the scoreboard and go "bro plz read all of it".

E: Fixing some words, morning brain

dogstile fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Nov 8, 2022

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
moira ftw

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Toss a healing orb in the vague direction of your team then go full succ, only switch to piss mist if someone's really in trouble. This is the way.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i should be able to tick an option that hides my scoreboard stats to make people who think stats matter extra mad

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Nah stats are great, I like being able to glance at what's going on with my team and being able to swap to compensate. We struggling with heals? I can go soldier or smth and take some pressure off my healers, because i'll be self sufficient. Backlines got more deaths than usual? I can play more peel and help them out.

I hope they don't hide stats because some people don't use them properly.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dogstile posted:

Moira hatred is real, i swapped to her because no peels so I figured "fine, i'll peel for myself". At the end of lost fights i'd throw damage orbs and fight on cart to delay for a few seconds. That's maybe 300 hp or so. A reaper on my team goes "Moira you have as much damage as me, you're not healing enough".

I also have more healing than every other healer in the game. It's nice to be able to point at the scoreboard and go "bro plz read all of it".

E: Fixing some words, morning brain

Rank 1 combined role player NA and loud mouth hothead Samito will go into rants on stream about how Moira pickers need to uninstall the game because they aren't doing anything at all whenever someone in any of his games picks her. Usually there is a lot of yelling and colorful language involved.

He's a cracked out player for sure, but I don't know how he manages to stream OW at not get banned by Blizzard with all the poo poo he says about other people in his games. It isn't a good look at all. Especially when a great chunk of his content is lets smurf and poo poo on these obviously low-skilled players.

ardiem
Apr 26, 2022

https://twitter.com/damage_orb/status/1589729907105464320

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that looks way more fun than diving widow

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Countblanc posted:

that looks way more fun than diving widow

Not shown on the video, but enemy healers are completely drenched.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

is there anything more satisfying than landing a sleep-dart on a blading Genji in the middle of a Kiriko ult?

yes, but they hadn't nanoed him so I'll take what I can get.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I think Wrecking Ball has way more anti Widow tech than Winston, although he's also legitimately harder to get significant value out of everywhere else. (I can't use that rodent to save my life, either) Widow can lay a pretty hefty amount of damage on Winston if she switches to her assault rifle and unloads with it and her mine, and she can actually win that duel if she's got another place to grapple to. She probably won't, but your job is to get him to a place where your team can trade your DPS for their tank.

I also like when silly Winston thinks that same poo poo flies against Hanzo. Silly Winston. You don't jump at arrows. Silly Winston. (Honestly, storm arrows or whatever it's called might be some of the most powerful anti-tank tech in the game)

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Veryslightlymad posted:

I think Wrecking Ball has way more anti Widow tech than Winston, although he's also legitimately harder to get significant value out of everywhere else. (I can't use that rodent to save my life, either) Widow can lay a pretty hefty amount of damage on Winston if she switches to her assault rifle and unloads with it and her mine, and she can actually win that duel if she's got another place to grapple to. She probably won't, but your job is to get him to a place where your team can trade your DPS for their tank.

I also like when silly Winston thinks that same poo poo flies against Hanzo. Silly Winston. You don't jump at arrows. Silly Winston. (Honestly, storm arrows or whatever it's called might be some of the most powerful anti-tank tech in the game)

Both work on low ELOs though :shrug:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

is there anything more satisfying than landing a sleep-dart on a blading Genji in the middle of a Kiriko ult?

yes, but they hadn't nanoed him so I'll take what I can get.
being the sleepdarted nano'ed genji but the enemy soldier taps you to wake you up

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

being the sleepdarted nano'ed genji but the enemy soldier taps you to wake you up

you would not believe how happy I was that my moira left him the gently caress alone and my reaper carefully got into position to one-tap him. it happened again later (though he wasn't blading, just dashing) and the reaper once more carefully lined up the headshot. what a loving champ. got a "gg ana" out of the genji too.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

I mean at least the Soldier is theoretically capable of finishing him.
Moiras and long-distance Dvas that do 2hp damage and leave are the worst.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just be sucking, I'm sorry

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The worse is when i'm playing a projectile character (which is all i do, these days) and i've already got an orb or something flying at the dude.

"WHY DID YOU WAKE HIM UP"

Bro i'm sorry i can't unshoot it :(

Veryslightlymad posted:

Winston's job isn't just to kill widow, its to make her not kill your friends while she's taking that duel, if Winston is losing that duel he got headshot on the way over and isn't using his shield.

You can buttjump at widows to stop that, too. Just jump and spin around in the air, can't headshot my rear end.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

some people do have an unrealistic expectation that winston can just instantly delete a widow tho when she has 1 get out of jail free card + any peel makes it impossible lol

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

some people do have an unrealistic expectation that winston can just instantly delete a widow tho when she has 1 get out of jail free card + any peel makes it impossible lol

In theory if he lands a charged zap shot, the impact damage and a punch I think he can, but that's a lot of ifs

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

50+50+30 = 130 damage

to be fair, the widow is usually hosed if she does not have her grapple and the team does not do a barrier-penetrating peel

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Holy poo poo.

I'd forgotten that Winston had a right click in OW2 because I have my rmb bound to say "hi there" as i'm killing people. This entire loving season. I'm almost at GM tank.

Hahaha gently caress.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

dogstile posted:

Holy poo poo.

I'd forgotten that Winston had a right click in OW2 because I have my rmb bound to say "hi there" as i'm killing people. This entire loving season. I'm almost at GM tank.

Hahaha gently caress.

Reported for throwing.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I just logged into the practice range to try it and that thing is hard to use.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I don't see what the point of it is? Charge for a very long time to do a little bit of damage to someone that's slightly farther away.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's a way to confirm kills on low health targets who escaped your leap, and also just like something to do while you're waiting for your team to be ready to engage. That sounds like nonsense but that was an explicitly stated purpose in an interview - that it made it less likely for people to just leap in because they were bored of not shooting.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
just had an echo (flying) on our team who kept getting repeatedly owned by a reaper and junkrat, neither of whom can fly

uninstalling

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Pattonesque posted:

just had an echo (flying) on our team who kept getting repeatedly owned by a reaper and junkrat, neither of whom can fly

uninstalling

Was it you?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Splinter posted:

Was it you?

I was our lucio and desperately trying to keep her alive as her feet hovered not an inch above the ground at all times

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Winston's RC is not great, but when the alternative is "literally nothing" it's a benefit to the character. It's pretty ok as just an irritant/deterrent for when you don't want to leap yet because you're waiting on bubble for either yourself or your team.

I can tag Winstons in the air (sometimes. I'm... Erm... Streaky) but I haven't really heard of or considered butt jumping. That's a really good tip for the opposite situation.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

Winston's RC is not great, but when the alternative is "literally nothing" it's a benefit to the character. It's pretty ok as just an irritant/deterrent for when you don't want to leap yet because you're waiting on bubble for either yourself or your team.

I can tag Winstons in the air (sometimes. I'm... Erm... Streaky) but I haven't really heard of or considered butt jumping. That's a really good tip for the opposite situation.

RC is good if you can hit one during a dive, do the land/punch combo, and then start zapping. It's a whole heap of damage at once

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dogstile posted:

Holy poo poo.

Hahaha gently caress.

To be fair, most people just feed ult charge with it by firing it as a poke when there is no fight happening. Can do some pretty sick combos with it, though.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

So the main reason I think I quit Overwatch was that it got to the point where every other game felt like there was some GM+ smurf in the game wrecking my team single handedly. It's only going to be much much worse with F2P right? Plus the impact they have when it's 5 on 5 is going to be even more miserable. I've already faced low level profile Genji's that just destroy everyone, i'm talking like they have 5000 damage when the next best dps on both teams has 1500.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Smurfing might be better since you have to validate with a phone number. I'm sure there are ways around it, but I doubt many will bother.

There is always going to be someone better than you, someone that is on a bad streak, someone that is on a hot streak, someone that is legit climbing.

headcase fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 8, 2022

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

headcase posted:

Smurfing might be better since you have to validate with a phone number. I'm sure there are ways around it, but I doubt many will bother.

There is always going to be someone better than you, someone that is on a bad streak, someone that is on a hot streak, someone that is legit climbing.

Forgot about the number thing, so yes maybe that will help. And smurfing isnt anywhere near someone just being a bit better than the players in the match or on a hot streak, it legit ruins games, and like I said in 5v5 it's much easier for a one player to ruin a match if they're leagues above everyone else. Same way having someone awful on your team just makes it that much more unwinnable compared to OW1 6v6.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Just Chamber posted:

So the main reason I think I quit Overwatch was that it got to the point where every other game felt like there was some GM+ smurf in the game wrecking my team single handedly. It's only going to be much much worse with F2P right? Plus the impact they have when it's 5 on 5 is going to be even more miserable. I've already faced low level profile Genji's that just destroy everyone, i'm talking like they have 5000 damage when the next best dps on both teams has 1500.

The new grind gateway to comp seems to have solved this, there are far fewer smurfs there then the old days. QP I have no idea though.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Removing visible player levels probably helps with the player impression of smurfing in qp since you'd fairly often get trounced by a level 1-24 player which felt awful. With matchmaking being a little looser in qp you still sometimes get hosed on by someone with a much higher skill level but you dont know if its actual smurfing or simply looser matchmaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
We play with 3-5 players at all times and matches have generally felt very even compared to playing with a group in OW1. We mostly play quick play role queue.