Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Any idea what the actual source for this is other than a twitter account with 5 thousand followers?

This comes off nintendo just updating their public official sales data so presumably it's from corporate reports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

There's an injury lawyer near Cleveland named Tim Misny, who has billboards evey where with I think long ago, you know...contact information. They've kept devolving over time.

No contact information

No...information?

This is the current one that I can find online at least, but I swear last time I was in Cleveland I saw one that was even more a close up of his eye though. Like literally just a giant eye.

This Better Caul Saul reboot looks like poo poo

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Poor Sun/Moon.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Motto posted:

This comes off nintendo just updating their public official sales data so presumably it's from corporate reports.

Ah, thank you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rinkles posted:

I get it but there are things a parent/guardian shouldn't say to their kids. It's the kind of thing that can push a troubled teen over the edge. And she ends by saying she's not gonna eat dinner at home anymore. Maybe she meant because of work, but it was an awful thing to follow-up with.

yes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Now that Hashino is on the fantasy game that might not exist, I'd love for Persona 6 to be written and directed by someone who believes a better world is possible in any way.

new to smt i see

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
poo poo mid turd

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
ah sorry, my monitor was off

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hopefully hashino being gone means persona can be more pessimistic and depressing and even apocalyptic

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i just like hanging out in cities and doing little side activites

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At this point i've learned to just assume sales numbers are pointless. I know the game was a success for sales when it gets a sequel.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
need someone to get the NPD data

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gta5 hasn't gotten a sequel yet, i guess it didn't sell well?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm done with turret sections

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yakuza 0 check in, running a cabaret seems fun!

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Yakuza 0 check in, running a cabaret seems fun!

Famous last words

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

For every goal Canada scores in the World Cup, the company I work at will donate $1000 to charity!! 😆

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's a smart way of avoiding a charity donation

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

How can the Persona series be known for complex looks at human relationships, both outward and inner and still have poo poo like this

What on earth, they loved this lovely scene so much they made an animated cutscene out of it??

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Macaluso posted:

What on earth, they loved this lovely scene so much they made an animated cutscene out of it??

it's a tie-in anime which is basically just an advertisement for the game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lol they're trying to fit so many Japanese gay stereotypes in that the name tag is calling those dudes beefy.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Listen kid, I was neglecting my daughter and focusing only on work because I was trying to hide from my feelings. Not anymore. Now I'm going to neglect my daughter and focus only on work to protect this town.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Listen, we need to account for the possibility that you won't actually finish some of these social links so we can't have these main characters actually develop in a substantial way

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:toot: got a call and found out i'm getting hired for a job i was really hoping for, so I'm finally employed again lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Grats!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I think I must have watched 4 or 5 streamers play Sonic Frontiers now and they all looked like they were having a miserable time.

What kinda gets me about that game is the MUSIC. While you're in the open world you just get this "ambient sounds to relax to" track that doesn't fit the vibe of Sonic at all.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

AceOfFlames posted:

I think I must have watched 4 or 5 streamers play Sonic Frontiers now and they all looked like they were having a miserable time.

What kinda gets me about that game is the MUSIC. While you're in the open world you just get this "ambient sounds to relax to" track that doesn't fit the vibe of Sonic at all.

So they ripped off Breath of the Wild but didn't understand how it worked. Basically for a game like that you need a nice, chill atmosphere that the player can take at their own pace, which is kind of the opposite of what a sonic game is

Well, either that or lots of stacked anime titties

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 9, 2022

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Walked to the local voting place to see if I could vote and on the walk back we heard some rustling and meowing from some bushes. An orange cat came walking out to greet us. I recognized him, I know where he lives and he always walks me home and I'm convinced his owner is gonna see him some day and think I'm trying to steal him.

He's a good cat, just thought it was funny that he just popped out of some bushes of a house he doesn't even live in just to yell at me for not being home yet (and also for not visiting him in a while).

He walked us home and then marked the side of our house, ate some food, and left.

Then later he walked me home again because he saw us driving past and I had to get out of the car (if I didn't he would have tried to walk the car home instead and it's safer if he just walks me home).

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Please I beg you to stop saying that every open world game with grass is a Breath of the Wild ripoff.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I feel like there's probably some interesting stories to be told around the development of Sonic Frontiers but looking at the end result of the game itself leaves me with little desire to play it.

It seems like a dull 7/10 game, not a flawed-but-interesting 7/10 game.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Botw was pretty mid. The dungeons were awful, the shrines tedious with overly reused ideas, and the korok seeds are stunningly bad as an idea. That said I'd rather people call to Botw as the false origin of modern open world then a game that's actively bad like Horizon Zero Dawn

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

Walked to the local voting place to see if I could vote and on the walk back we heard some rustling and meowing from some bushes. An orange cat came walking out to greet us. I recognized him, I know where he lives and he always walks me home and I'm convinced his owner is gonna see him some day and think I'm trying to steal him.

He's a good cat, just thought it was funny that he just popped out of some bushes of a house he doesn't even live in just to yell at me for not being home yet (and also for not visiting him in a while).

He walked us home and then marked the side of our house, ate some food, and left.

Then later he walked me home again because he saw us driving past and I had to get out of the car (if I didn't he would have tried to walk the car home instead and it's safer if he just walks me home).

There's an orange cat in my apartment complex everyone loves. He walks people to their doors. His owners moving soon and I'm kinda bummed about it. Orange cats are sweet as hell, that one really likes you!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
BOTW is the only game that has ever successfully convinced me I was making real discoveries of long-forgotten things and to forget that everything I was discovering had been hand-placed by some guy at the studio

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You should play SOTC then

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah, but weapon durability… is it good or bad?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m at a crossroads…
Do I help the charming, genuinely warm, definitely evil witch?
Or do I help the gruff, boring, inarguably correct knight?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s good when it’s good but bad when it’s bad. Topic locked.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I’m at a crossroads…
Do I help the charming, genuinely warm, definitely evil witch?
Or do I help the gruff, boring, inarguably correct knight?

No such thing as an evil witch

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Gaius Marius posted:

You should play SOTC then

I did, and it's close, but it doesn't have the total freedom to explore, collect, and manipulate that BOTW does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But does Sonic Frontiers have weapon durability