Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So who won?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just wanted to lol somewhere about Val Demings eating poo poo incredibly quickly

Who'd have thought??? Who could have possibly seen this coming?????

Just kidding, she succeeded completely at her main goal (fundraising)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

"The Demokkkrats Are Going To Be Destrroyed In 2022"

by Jim Cramer

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Whichever side loses sucks at vote rigging more.

Also whichever side wins the other side won't accept it.

Nobody has institutional trust anymore.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

loquacius posted:

Just wanted to lol somewhere about Val Demings eating poo poo incredibly quickly

Who'd have thought??? Who could have possibly seen this coming?????

Just kidding, she succeeded completely at her main goal (fundraising)

lol

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
MN Governor's race has Tim Walz with 68% of the vote with 22% reporting. This includes 80% of Hennepin County precincts, so excpect that to go down. A few of the less populous red counties in the southwest are nearly fully reported as well.

Most important are the areas like Dakota, Scott, and Washington County. Washington County is reporting around 50-50 with less than 5 percent in, which can't be the number if Jansen has a chance. He needs to be winning Michelle Bachmann Country by at least 15 points if he wants a shot at this.

Frankly, the only statewide Republican who has a real shot is Schultz, because he's running against Ellison and the remaining precincts are white as gently caress.

maruhkati has issued a correction as of 04:37 on Nov 9, 2022

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/1494816858

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

gently caress, PantsBurnLegWound would've been a WAY better user name for the one I went with to replace the account I purchased in 2007, never posted on, and couldn't log onto anymore because the e-mail address associated with it no longer exists.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

quote:

DeSantis had 59.3% of the vote to Democrat Charlie Crist’s 40%, a massive margin that marks the first time a Florida governor’s race was decided by more than a point or so since Crist’s victory as a Republican in 2006.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

In Training posted:

6 year terms right? 95 years old at the next election. Awesome

The very open plan is for him to retire mid term and the republican governor to appoint his grandson as his replacement.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Thoguh posted:

The very open plan is for him to retire mid term and the republican governor to appoint his grandson as his replacement.

yep, this is how both parties work. just passing down their seats in this well functioning democracy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lol looks like MTG won against that guy whose entire shtick was "I'm a troop and I wear a cowboy hat, pls donate to me". WHAT A SHOCK

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

lol is boebert gonna lose

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

betting the farm on a satanic death blood moon chaos wipeout thing happening to the republicans. going with my instincts from now on since the fake news polls were wrong in 2016. crudux cruo!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Looks like not only is congress going to be blue, but so is our balls

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

god dammit i stopped paying attention to politics for months and was so much happier but now I'm in cspam again

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Gresh posted:

Possibly.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Gresh posted:

Not in her mind or the minds of her supporters.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'd also like to mark the occasion of tonight being the last time Stacey Abrams' name is mentioned for any reason whatsoever

All of these liberal superstars will be memory-holed as the party declares victory and refuse to change course in any way

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Zokari posted:

god dammit i stopped paying attention to politics for months and was so much happier but now I'm in cspam again

you can be in cspam and not pay attention to politics

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

I'd also like to mark the occasion of tonight being the last time Stacey Abrams' name is mentioned for any reason whatsoever

All of these liberal superstars will be memory-holed as the party declares victory and refuse to change course in any way

Isn’t she like the president of the world in Star Trek

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

loquacius posted:

Naw they're going to run an Abrams/Beto ticket in 2024

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i juyst nolticed we dont have a pinned election gdt thgread soiim going to make this thread the official election day thread

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

loquacius posted:

If they had lost harder they would have concluded they weren't punching enough hippies, so...eh. Hell, they still might.

Never forget that the succ is invincible. It cannot be defeated by a puny thing like "results" or "history." When civilization boils away into a Mad Max hell, there'll still be a ramshackle office somewhere in the flooded ruins of Manhattan, where two starving waifs drink rat piss out of their Harvard mugs and discuss how a means-tested tax credit could still fix this.

maruhkati has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Nov 9, 2022

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

welp.

So are we on track for a red wave in 2024 or nah

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

i juyst nolticed we dont have a pinned election gdt thgread soiim going to make this thread the official election day thread

ok

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

lmao at the tribalism of electing the stupidest people on the planet like JD Vance probably getting Ohio and Walker lmao

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Spoiler Alert: there never was a “divided America” it was all made up by the cable news networks for ratings

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Venomous posted:

welp.

ya

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Venomous posted:

welp.

Libs come out in big numbers for presidential elections and there’s a lot of time for the conservative Supreme Court to scare 18 year olds into voting. Blue wave incoming

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao I'm glad he won

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oh well. Guess the shambling corpse of American democracy lives another four years at least

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
im mad democrats arent losing harder than they're already losing

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Venomous posted:

oh well. Guess the shambling corpse of American democracy lives another four years at least

It would be the most disappointed I've been since I found out that the Yellowstone hotspot is more likely to die out than ever erupt again.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Venomous posted:

welp.

to elaborate the 1970s parallel, there will be a contested dem primary in 2024, the center-right candidate will win, the economy will be in an induced violent recession engineered by the democrats themselves, and there will be a giant red wave

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Venomous posted:

why 4 instead of 2 when the republicans sweep everything on trump's coattails

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

We are on track for Brandon to win in 2024 lol

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
All of you unhappy need to get your own lives together and stop blaming elected officials for all your problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

listen jack