Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The fact that the Dems are picking up seats in Ohio and Tim Ryan STILL got his poo poo kicked in by JD Fuckmothering Vance is fuel for my soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Not to convict, just the circus?

oh i guess yeah

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
Watch the house impeach Biden every day just cause

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

kaxman posted:

Watch the house impeach Biden every day just cause

This is my dream.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

joepinetree posted:

Nope. If dems win arizona and nevada they will have at least 50.

Oh in that case the dems lose to the house to Manchin and that one woman that gave a thumbs up to kill poor people or something

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
The Democrats are the part of The Carrrot and the GOP the party of The Stick

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
NBC News projection for House:
(218 for control)

Republicans 219.... +/-13 seats

:laffo:

WE'RE NOT GOING TO KNOW FOR WEEKS

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I loving told all of you punks

I loving told you

suck my assssssssss ya fuckin bums

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Cernovich, kingmaker

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

NBC News projection for House:
(218 for control)

Republicans 219.... +/-13 seats

:laffo:

WE'RE NOT GOING TO KNOW FOR WEEKS

good

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Apparently there are a ton of close house races in California which takes forever hahahaha

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Wolfy posted:

Apparently there are a ton of close house races in California which takes forever hahahaha

yea it's all going to come down to Cali

god drat this is loving hilarious

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the fact that this looks like its gonna be a pretty typical midterm is the worst possible option

we dont even get any amusement one way or the other

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zokari posted:

the fact that this looks like its gonna be a pretty typical midterm is the worst possible option

we dont even get any amusement one way or the other

democrats losing the house and the spin on msnbc/npr/dnd/etc how actually this is a good thing and a win that they didn't lose more is going to be pretty amusing imo

but ya a pretty boring one aside from that

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Democrat tradition of considering the House the lesser branch of congress continues.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

are we getting another georgia runoff

if i get another $1400 that sounds great to me

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
It appears the pollsters may have failed to account for the Shy Cuck Effect.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
at least i wont have to hear "speaker of the house nancy pelosi" for another 4+ years

imo that's a big win for america for dems to lose

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the republicans suck so much rear end

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
it's like abortion is actually a big deal for a lot of voters

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

i will never again allow this forum to fool me into believing the democrats can get destroyed

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Wolfy posted:

i will never again allow this forum to fool me into believing the democrats can get destroyed

sounds like it's hillarys turn to run again

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Xaris posted:

democrats losing the house and the spin on msnbc/npr/dnd/etc how actually this is a good thing and a win that they didn't lose more is going to be pretty amusing imo

but ya a pretty boring one aside from that

It's not a win, but democrats were expecting a red wave that would absolutely wreck their chances in future elections. There was a "60 seat Republican supermajority in 2024 seems likely based on expectations for 2022" article circulating a week before the election. It's not a win for sure for democrats. But, considering they expected an absolute blowout, typical midterm performance -- heck, it's actually kind of a good performance for the party in power -- is probably comforting.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Extremely normal midterm, with the exact results still to be determined as close margins give way.

Already, we do know one thing with certainty: cspam is owned

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Covok posted:

It's not a win, but democrats were expecting a red wave that would absolutely wreck their chances in future elections. There was a "60 seat Republican supermajority in 2024 seems likely based on expectations for 2022" article circulating a week before the election. It's not a win for sure for democrats. But, considering they expected an absolute blowout, typical midterm performance -- heck, it's actually kind of a good performance for the party in power -- is probably comforting.

this might be the best any party could possibly do with a pudding brain prez that accomplished absolutely nothing in the face of the worst economy for the working person since the 70s

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Buschmaki posted:

I'm glad we won
what did you win?

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Xaris posted:

sounds like it's hillarys turn to run again
im split between them giving someone like aoc a shot to prove it's not a good idea to run anyone but the old ghouls that they've been running forever and running one of the old ghouls they've been running forever, like hilary clinton

but we both know the truth: tonight went well enough for the dems they wont risk running anyone else but joe

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Covok posted:

that's probably true; however, it's also still extremely funny that the running online narrative right now is "well we lost but didn't lose quite as badly as we expected!". in a world where conservatives banned abortion in like half of america which you think would be helpful to democrats, losing the house being considered a win still because it wasn't as badly as we could have lost is like lol.

like that's the most democrat answer possible

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

anime was right posted:

this might be the best any party could possibly do with a pudding brain prez that accomplished absolutely nothing in the face of the worst economy for the working person since the 70s

Yeah, this still fucks their agenda going forward. The house will now kill every bill going to it. But, Biden is a pretty awful President who literally fell on stage before the election, forgot where he was, miscounted the number of states, and talked to a dead person on camera because they forgot they were dead. Inflation is double digits and gas prices shot straight up right before the election to undo all the efforts to lower them.

If Republicans did not overturn Roe V Wade, we'd be looking at Republican supermajorities in house and senate and a near total Republican governorship.

This is a loss. But it's also kind of the best possible outcome for the democrats at this point?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gresh posted:

Boebert losing and Walker winning would be the big fat 's of the night

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
anyways 34% in, no budging on the california. stick a fork in these because they're set in stone. 1/3rd of the state is anti-abortion, 2/3rds are anti taxes on rich people

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
lol you freaking doomers

isn't it obvious yet???

DEMS ARE GOING TO KEEP THE HOUSE

:hmbol:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Xaris posted:

that's probably true; however, it's also still extremely funny that the running online narrative right now is "well we lost but didn't lose quite as badly as we expected!". in a world where conservatives banned abortion in like half of america which you think would be helpful to democrats, losing the house being considered a win still because it wasn't as badly as we could have lost is like lol.

like that's the most democrat answer possible

It's a loss but, honestly, I expected Americans had forgotten Roe V Wade by now and would have just stayed home. I am surprised it actually stayed relevant enough to American voters, who tend to forget quickly, to influence the midterms this much.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lmao that Sarah huckawhatever is a governor now. ive not been following anything until glancing at the headlines tonight.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
joe bidens can stop releasing the strategic petroleum reserve now.

its also empty anyways

Covok
May 27, 2013

biceps crimes posted:

lmao that Sarah huckawhatever is a governor now. ive not been following anything until glancing at the headlines tonight.

She murdered her dog.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Dems have flipped 4 Republican seats, so that eats into their almost nil gains

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

anime was right posted:

This is currently the best performance by an incumbent party in the first midterm outside of 2002. 82% of voters say the economy is fair or bad and Biden has a 45/55 approval rating.

It legitimately doesn't make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Covok posted:

She murdered her dog.

Her brother murdered their dog. I don't think she has actually killed any dogs (directly) on record.