Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Game looks fantastic on my OLED TV. I’m playing it using favour quality + HFR + VRR at 40 FPS and it rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nuts and Gum posted:

There is definitely force feedback when recalling the axe, along with just about everything else. Enjoying it so far!

Just did some tests and you are right. I was holding L2 while recalling it before which for some odd reason makes the feedback not happen.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
It's already a 10/10 game for me after only the first boss, beautiful cinematics and story telling and the combat is fun so far.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was because I had gyro aiming on. Turning it off brought them all back even when holding L2. That’s weird!!! But not a big deal because it’s hardly necessary for this game.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also all these posts about it looking and also being excellent are correct

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I've been able to play God of War for an hour and a half but instead I'm still watching election results. Am I a senior?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

God of War, Sonic Frontiers, Bayo 3, Signalis, Calisto Protocol soon, this is one good gaming season

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nuts and Gum posted:

The first 27 minutes are cutscenes and then there’s some combat. With multiple shimmy thru small place animations and other 2013 bullshit.

Parrying feels good tho :clint:

Just gotta keep holding out, eventually we'll get that new innovation they've been promising for the last 43 years.

Maybe it'll be a third joystick.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm just here to hear what is the point where the new GoW falls apart. (If it ever does, heck it might be super good)

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Augus posted:

God of War, Sonic Frontiers, Bayo 3, Signalis, Calisto Protocol soon, this is one good gaming season

They'll keep me busy until the Dead Space remake in January, then RE4 remake in March and Zelda in May. Next six months are looking good.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I think my Dualsense has that issue with the broken resistance spring. The right trigger is super sensitive and feel too ready to press compared to the left one.

Somebody said this could be fixed easily, does anyone have a link to a good video explaining how to do it?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Augus posted:

It's been one hell of a year.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Only play Bayonetta 3 when you're ready for the sweet embrace of death.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

90 fps feels pretty loving rad on my new tv. I don't see any difference between quality and performance so that's an easy call. Good game so far.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Target doing buy2get1 this weekend

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

2022 has been a top gaming year. One of the best ever even.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
GoW slaps so far, 1.5 hrs in. optimizing for performance on a new OLED with VRR is incredible.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Hopper posted:

I think my Dualsense has that issue with the broken resistance spring. The right trigger is super sensitive and feel too ready to press compared to the left one.

Somebody said this could be fixed easily, does anyone have a link to a good video explaining how to do it?

I think I used this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIlkRkR7jB0

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Odin's voice seemed familiar and it turns out it was Richard Shiff.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

2022 has been a top gaming year. One of the best ever even.

Agreed, and it's not just because of blockbuster type games or whatever, the sheer variety has been incredible, so many genres, so many indies! :homebrew:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Oh my god, when you gold-level a skill you unlock another skill inside it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm glad everyone is enjoying god of war 2 ragnaroker

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I liked the combat in 2018 overall but Ragnarok feels like such a huge improvement. It feels faster and punchier at the same time while also just feeling like I have better situational awareness.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am really looking forward to getting Ragnarok sometime in 2024 most likely :)

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I like throwing the axe

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was planning on playing Ragnarok today if the elections went really bad but now they're going kinda GOOD so I'm mainlining the needle atm instead.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

I liked the combat in 2018 overall but Ragnarok feels like such a huge improvement. It feels faster and punchier at the same time while also just feeling like I have better situational awareness.

Big agree with this

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok the side quest writing just in the first two I’ve come across is a huuuuuuge step up. I really feel like I know a lot more about some characters already. I was thinking I’d likely just mainline the story but this def makes me want to do them all.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
hey stop talking about it and just play the drat game :nsamad:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Escobarbarian posted:

Ok the side quest writing just in the first two I’ve come across is a huuuuuuge step up. I really feel like I know a lot more about some characters already. I was thinking I’d likely just mainline the story but this def makes me want to do them all.

This is very encouraging and I say this as someone who tries to do every side quest in every game regardless of writing quality (hack cough ac valhalla cough cough)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aipsh posted:

hey stop talking about it and just play the drat game :nsamad:

I will never play a video game

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Thanks.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Lol this dwarve played by bear mcreary

Oh snap the god drat whale that mimir imprisoned in the bay.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 9, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks like I'm not getting Ragnarok today, time to claim my £5 from Shopto for missing launch day.

Physical loses again.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Augus posted:

Hope you all enjoy God of War. I’ll get around to playing it but for me Sonic Frontiers takes priority

Frontiers is really neat (I pre-ordered and I'm surprised at how much I like it) but I've got too much hype for ragnarok now

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

So how does this game look on a PS5 compared to PS4? Anyone playing on an OLED?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
PS5 bundles with God of War are up at most major retailers, good time to pick up a PS5 if you've been looking.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

VideoGames posted:

I am really looking forward to getting Ragnarok sometime in 2024 most likely :)

Same, I've barely dug deep into GoW 1

Also my PS+ didn't autorenew? That's super weird.

E: Does PS+ go on sale on Black Friday? Wonder if that'll work in Canada too - may hold off on getting something if the prices lower.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 9, 2022

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."

Chernabog posted:

Odin's voice seemed familiar and it turns out it was Richard Shiff.

Better yet, they modeled Odin AS Richard Schiff and it's loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Waiting for GoW5 to install blessed me with patience to truly get mushrooms right, and a perfect runny egg yolk on a sandwich.

If the game can keep this quality it'll be GOTY.