Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

The Chairman posted:

thinking about all the reasons that might've contributed
  • dems still energized over abortion and women's rights and january 6
  • republicans tuning out because they don't trust elections to be legitimate any more
  • independents flirting with voting GOP but getting spooked at the last minute by Trump popping up this weekend teasing a 2024 run
  • republicans pledging to only vote in person on election day to not legitimize early voting, and then not showing up
  • trump siphoning off millions of dollars from other campaigns through phony fundraising pitches
  • some really dogshit GOP candidates running in races where a generic republican would've cleaned up by 10 points
  • the GOP being handed the shittiest economy since 2008 and choosing to focus on litter boxes in middle school bathrooms instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mr. BT posted:

Is it possible the R’s start to push for indictments so he can’t run?

Is tonight pretty much the end of Trumbp 2024 before it even starts?

tbh if trump survives this then he deserves to be president

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Mr. BT posted:

Is it possible the R’s start to push for indictments so he can’t run?

Is tonight pretty much the end of Trumbp 2024 before it even starts?

I kinda think Jan 6th was the end of Trump 2024. I dunno what Republicans are going to do. I don't know how you turn on Trump. Obviously he doesn't have what it takes to win general elections, but his base will still gently caress up Republican primaries. I guess they need a conviction to get rid of him, and even then it doesn't move the base. They're still going to punish RINOs, I'd guess, even if they lock him up. It's a real problem!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

I hope it is a one seat majority, then some rando chud congressman dies in February throwing the whole thing up in the air.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

CODChimera posted:

yo impeachment literally doesnt matter

Meh, making Biden the most impeached president ever would make a good slogan for GOP campaigns. Petty, but red meat for base

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

maybe america CAN be saved?

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

they should let the bros get another chance to kidnapp the gov though, it's only fair

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

these are all blue states OP

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

The Chairman posted:

• republicans tuning out because they don't trust elections to be legitimate any more
  • independents flirting with voting GOP but getting spooked at the last minute by Trump popping up this weekend teasing a 2024 run
  • republicans pledging to only vote in person on election day to not legitimize early voting, and then not showing up
  • trump siphoning off millions of dollars from other campaigns through phony fundraising pitches
  • some really dogshit GOP candidates running in races where a generic republican would've cleaned up by 10 points
  • the GOP being handed the shittiest economy since 2008 and choosing to focus on litter boxes in middle school bathrooms instead

include dead and/or disabled from a pandemic.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Chairman posted:

Rick Scott embezzling a bunch of Mitch's PAC money lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Can't believe Trump ruined the Red Wave

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

give me winning lotto numbers

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

CODChimera posted:

maybe america CAN be saved?

no; it only delays it. S

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

I kinda think Jan 6th was the end of Trump 2024.
that was a bit much. anecdotal experience with my brother's inlaws who are rural salt-of-the-earth people who never vote is that even that was going too far. cousin-in-law: "that stuff at the capitol... well it was like something you'd see in germany... you know with hitler."

brother: "so you're saying. trump supporters. are fascists."

cousin: "well..." *brain start to click* "yeah!"

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MattLaslo/status/1590229652739870722

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Too Many Birds posted:

include dead and/or disabled from a pandemic.

id love to know the actual numbers on this

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4w2BZXL6Ss

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
lmao Senate might be Dems +1

Still got Sinema and Manchin!

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/NickAdamsinUSA/status/1590232949084999680

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ya know,,,,,...... this thread shouldn't exist after tonight.....

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1590231469422968832?s=20&t=4JApZVWPCblqvufuXXpSOg

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

that was a bit much. anecdotal experience with my brother's inlaws who are rural salt-of-the-earth people who never vote is that even that was going too far. cousin-in-law: "that stuff at the capitol... well it was like something you'd see in germany... you know with hitler."

brother: "so you're saying. trump supporters. are fascists."

cousin: "well..." *brain start to click* "yeah!"

Half the country wants him in jail, if you believe the polls. He's dead in the water. Or he would be, except the base loves him. But it's just not enough people.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's almost 2 am and mcarthy still hasn't spoken at his 'take the house' event tonight

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

aaron, you stupid idiot, you loving moron, do you know who this man is

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

a.lo posted:

Did Beto win?

Sure, that one time.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

The Chairman posted:

That last point is just amazing. Things are hosed out there, it shouldn’t be that hard to run a convincing opposition campaign, especially when the electorate by default believes that your whole brand is being the ones that are good at the economy

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

CODChimera posted:

id love to know the actual numbers on this

I bet slightly more than double "official"

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I really wonder if they have the appetite to double down after this, it will be very ugly if they do

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

donald trump with the most epic fail endorsements

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

robot roll call posted:

I really wonder if they have the appetite to double down after this, it will be very ugly if they do

they will

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

Plinkey posted:

it's almost 2 am and mcarthy still hasn't spoken at his 'take the house' event tonight

They're losing a lot of races they should win. I dunno. This might be the last day McCarthy really matters.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Those numbers are complete bullshit and no one will report on that, they’ll report he’s a big loser

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

Half the country wants him in jail, if you believe the polls. He's dead in the water. Or he would be, except the base loves him. But it's just not enough people.

yeah that's the conundrum the GOP's stuck in: like 35% of the country loves Trump and would rather die than let anyone else run the party, which is a supermajority of the GOP but not nearly enough to guarantee wins

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

wait did his stupid rear end website really just use the same checkmark as twitter but made it red?

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Bootleg Trunks posted:

wait did his stupid rear end website really just use the same checkmark as twitter but made it red?

Working hard, thank you!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Don Jr is a failson of a failure

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Plinkey posted:

they will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

above all this election really proved that Oprah has been more harmful to the world than helpful