Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Well that was an exciting finish! Defeated by cowardly betting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

zakharov posted:

Well that was an exciting finish! Defeated by cowardly betting.

I'm sure the logic of tie betting has been well documented, but I didn't hate it. Bet everything and if you both miss, you lose. If you're both right, then you still only have a 50% chance of winning at that point.

Though I think $0 would have made more sense than $7k.

Awesome bet by 2nd place yesterday though.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Well that was a beatdown. I thought Rowan would go farther,

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Eric pulling a Roger Craig with those daily doubles Friday was great.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Good lord that was a beatdown. I like Sam, great banter with Ken.

Oh hell yeah, exhibition match between, Matt, Mattea and Amy tomorrow! I didn't realize!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I felt so bad for Jessica. She started off on the wrong foot and just never really recovered.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I felt so bad for Jessica. She started off on the wrong foot and just never really recovered.

Yeah. Jessica is really good, but had no chance there. Double Jeopardy was so fun to watch, though, with the skill involved.

There had better be a video of Sam dancing to Vogue

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Tomorrow's episode sounds fun, shame it'll get preempted for election night coverage in a lot of markets.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

mearn posted:

Tomorrow's episode sounds fun, shame it'll get preempted for election night coverage in a lot of markets.

That's intentional. This was to get the affiliates to air the show instead of doing preempted election coverage.

By the way, if you haven't done so. VOTE! Even if your main election(s) seems like a fait accompli, there are others on your ballot that aren't and are worthing expressing your choice for.

This was a public service announcement by a moron.

Island Nation fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 8, 2022

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
My affiliate isn't even airing it at 1am or anything. Even though polls won't be closed in California yet at 7, there'll be plenty of useless projections coming out of Rockefeller Center to tie up the channel for hours :mad:

Maybe they'll do the thing where they bump the "live" episodes by a day and play Friday's ep in the Saturday slot.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

who does everyone think will won tonight? i wonder if there are odds on this somewhere

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm going to be rooting for Amy, but I think Matt will be the winner

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm going to be rooting for Amy, but I think Matt will be the winner

Counterpoint: She played the most recently and I think was the only one who had a live audience present? Seems relevant with the other champs' nerves so far.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Maybe, but Matt doesn't seem like much gets to him. He's one of the most easygoing champions Jeopardy's ever had, I think.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

If election coverage preempts the match in your area, literally just search "jeopardy" on YouTube, the top result will be today's episode

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i think they’ll prob all know the answers so it'll come down to the clicker......... i’ll go with youthful reflexes and guess Mattea will win

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

LOL at the bleeped out word.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

That was a lot of fun

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Darth Brooks posted:

LOL at the bleeped out word.

Hilarious moment. I'm glad they could leave it in.

Everyone seemed to be having fun today.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

What a fun episode. I assume in a normal game they'd have tossed the entire number category so I'm glad we got to see that. Everyone was so relaxed! Also I want to hang out with Mattea.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Ken giving Matt poo poo was the best. We're blessed to not have Mayim for this tournament.

Mattea impressed.

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

CPColin posted:

My affiliate isn't even airing it at 1am or anything. Even though polls won't be closed in California yet at 7, there'll be plenty of useless projections coming out of Rockefeller Center to tie up the channel for hours :mad:

Maybe they'll do the thing where they bump the "live" episodes by a day and play Friday's ep in the Saturday slot.

Ken confirmed on Twitter that it should be up on YouTube sometime after 11e/8p tonight, but won't be there permanently.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
That was great, I'm glad they did that. Go Mattea!

I admit that I'd still like to see a rematch in the final where the pressure is on them, but I don't mind a good underdog story either if someone else sneaks in.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That was so much fun!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/setarehh_99/status/1590156155476922368

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7XzV-bnDOs

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
https://youtu.be/n8NrMKd1OHo

One of the most amazing episodes, even though it's only an exhibition. Kinda wish it was a charity episode where the proceeds went to the Trebek Foundation, but I love the banter of Ken, Matt, Matea and Amy!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Invenerable posted:

Ken confirmed on Twitter that it should be up on YouTube sometime after 11e/8p tonight, but won't be there permanently.

Nice, I'm going to go watch it now. To get away from any and all election coverage I actually ended up missing the ToC.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Nice, I'm going to go watch it now. To get away from any and all election coverage I actually ended up missing the ToC.

On my local channels they cleverly hid it in a 5 hour programming block called "midterm coverage"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

christmas boots posted:

On my local channels they cleverly hid it in a 5 hour programming block called "midterm coverage"

Same!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Pre-empted by Biden :( it's not even election day anymore!!!!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Mine was preempted by tropical storm coverage.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Mine was the exhibition, as expected! So I guess I should stay outta here until Saturday?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Zero One posted:

Mine was preempted by tropical storm coverage.

:same:

But we found a passable copy on youtube.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Well now.

I was pulling for Sam

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Well now.

I was pulling for Sam

Both my wife and I commented that we got the impression Matt was totally over the Jeopardy thing. Good for Sam!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

What a great game and I'm kinda glad the finals won't just be the Big Three.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
That was one of the most exciting games in awhile, good for Sam!

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
That was the best game I've seen in a while. I didn't expect the results at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Robins Taley posted:

Both my wife and I commented that we got the impression Matt was totally over the Jeopardy thing. Good for Sam!

He fixed his heater, that’s all he wanted from all of this