Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I was just thinking about if you set Animal Crossing NH's language to chinese the animals still have their voices but it's almost-intelligible chinese

its clear that the speech system that generates their voices speaks mandarin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
animalese garbles and speeds up any language you play on

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okYczACPDXY&t=151s

yah but the mandarin is substantially closer to intelligible idk. maybe in a sense it's implementation is worse

the raccoon definitely said 那麼 but there's no way it said greetings

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Ironically, pretty sure Sec 4e would cause the bill to get struck down on a First Amendment basis if it did pass into law, since it's the government telling a private company how they may moderate their platform.

the first amendment to the philippines constitution

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Al-Saqr posted:

if China is selling digital opiates to the west I say loving good it’s much better than the actual loving opium the west forced the Chinese to buy at gunpoint

we could literally just regulate them at any time like china already does we just dont want to lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mila kunis posted:

friendship ended with chen weihua

now Muhoozi Kainerugaba is my best friend

the virgin chen weihua vs the chad muhoozi kainerugaba

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Antonymous posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okYczACPDXY&t=151s

yah but the mandarin is substantially closer to intelligible idk. maybe in a sense it's implementation is worse

the raccoon definitely said 那麼 but there's no way it said greetings

you actually got me to break out my 2-years negelected animal crossing save to check how good the english is. i can't compare tom nook because i built the town hall but i could make out isabelle saying "Speaking of" and "Haven" (my island name) perfectly. blathters' "Might there be something with which I can assist you?" and "Jolly good" is completely intelligible. some words probably sound better than their counterparts depending on the language that you pick.

maybe mandarin fits the way animalese works better, idk

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN has issued a correction as of 13:25 on Nov 9, 2022

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

yah I guess it's doing the same thing in English it just often doesn't work on me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umbp9kzH2FI

this is how clear a lot of the mandarin sounded more of the time

sorry to poo poo up the thread with a dead game

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

let's see what Congress is up to today:

Finally the right to say "no homo" will be protected in law

E: the guy who introduced this is Speaker of the House???

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

KomradeX posted:

Dudes Rock

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/EmmaMAshford/status/1590035250628788224?t=dLFYrk5pHCAH1-QNtyS0QA&s=19

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Animal Crossing sounds each letter phonetically iirc, in some cases it'll end up almost coherent and in different languages it likely depends on the writing system.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Did this so-called communist even meet with the elves?

Trick question they were outsourced to China decades ago.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

exmarx posted:

the first amendment to the philippines constitution

Oh I didn't know it was in the Philippines sorry :shobon: I didn't read the username

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

why is that so crazy? id take my picture with santa if i went there too

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i bet he's a lordi fan

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
something something north pole belt and road

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Truga posted:

i bet he's a lordi fan

hell, who isn't

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the sickest thing is that xi asked for coal

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this allusion meant posted:

something something north pole belt and road

the norad santa tracker but it's a 400km/hr train network

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Did this so-called communist even meet with the elves?

People think elves are exploited proles, not true. Think about it. In every other story, the elves are the ruling class. The beautiful aristocrats who look down on the other races. Santa's workshop is rehabilitation through labor, established by some hitherto unknown fantasy realm that has undergone a ML revolution. That's why Santa seeks no money for the toys, it's not about extracting profit

Mantis42 has issued a correction as of 23:20 on Nov 9, 2022

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
santa's workshop elves are dwarves who have been misrepresented in the western media in order to support a narrative

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

no, they're gnomes

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

i say swears online posted:

the sickest thing is that xi asked for coal

lmao

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

People think elves are exploited proles, not true. Think about it. In every other story, the elves are the ruling class. The beautiful aristocrats who look down on the other races. Santa's workshop is rehabilitation through labor, established by some hitherto unknown fantasy realm that has undergone a ML revolution. That's why Santa seeks no money for the toys, it's not about extracting profit

makes sense. that's why santa wears red.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zodium posted:

makes sense. that's why santa wears red.

and the elves sport the drab green of the viet cong

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Santa, as in Xinjiang, uses its minority population for forced labor

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Santa is the spokesman of western consumerism.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

he’s a fucken coke mascot ffs

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

and yet santa rewards all children equally as long as they were morally just, making him a clear example of a utopian marxist

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Grapplejack posted:

and yet santa rewards all children equally as long as they were morally just, making him a clear example of a utopian marxist

wait are we talking about Santa or Gamera?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Bilirubin posted:

wait are we talking about Santa or Gamera?

Same difference.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
santa started out as a cleric in antiquity, morphed into a feudal folklore character, then became a capitalist pr man and finally embraced the heavenly wisdom of xi jinping thought as ordained by the laws of historical materialism :ussr:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 52 minutes!
https://twitter.com/Aldanmarki/status/1590566285334626305?cxt=HHwWgoCq0f_m6ZIsAAAA

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If I were truly nihilist I would be making vacation plans for a private equity boardroom with something power grows out of. I'm curious what folks in this thread think is the best course for leftism outside of China, if not labor organizing, mutual aid, and direct action. Podcasting and Twitter linking?

go join a charity if you want to directly help people because everything you are doing is absolutely worthless

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Top City Homo posted:

go join a charity if you want to directly help people because everything you are doing is absolutely worthless

Why do you think labor organizing and mutual aid is worthless?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If I were truly nihilist I would be making vacation plans for a private equity boardroom with something power grows out of. I'm curious what folks in this thread think is the best course for leftism outside of China, if not labor organizing, mutual aid, and direct action. Podcasting and Twitter linking?

explain how your "mutual aid" work is meaningfully different than a church basement charity and then I'll be able to effectively respond to this nonsense

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
PS I won't actually respond cause mutual aid in America is a fake thing that isn't real , so lol

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HaraldinChina/status/1590862223664381952?t=RJW2W4jTeV1HxHQP4gMSrQ&s=19