Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Now they can claim it as their own idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Can't wait for Elon to implement more Michael transactions like letting you use different colored text, fonts, and the <blink> tag

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Scratch Monkey posted:

It’s my understanding that Musk was well known for writing lovely code that often had to be refactored so that other devs on the team could use it

Obsidianheart posted:

...And sulking really hard whenever it (always) happened.

Well that's calming to hear, I'd hate to think he's a more accomplished coder than me.
MY PASCAL BOOK INVENTORY WAS AMAZING.

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Data Graham posted:

I had a coworker who typed like this in Slack. I asked him wtf once, and he said it came from being a gamer

I'm guilty of doing this. I dunno I hate "im g4m3r" defenses for dumb behavior so I try not to do it in professional settings, but also it is what moba text chat looks like

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

woke kaczynski posted:

He's really arrogant, doesn't collaborate well with folks unless he feels that he and his vision is front and center, and has punlicly poo poo on friends of mine doing organizing in tech from a position of stunning ignorance. Also one time we were trying to get him on board with signing a solidarity statement with a group of tech workers who got laid off right after voting to unionize (and they eventually got the NLRB to smack their old employer on the wrist and also pay them money) and he hemmed and hawed and eventually said he didn't know enough about the situation to sign on, just absolutely pathetic. I mean I've read some stuff of his I liked, just...less so after meeting him lmao

I can believe it. lots of highly opinionated people are huge pricks in person, even when they have Good and Correct opinions. and the guy is pretty much a solo dev on his pinboard operation, so it's not like he does teamwork all the time. never meet your idols.

regardless, the point was that cohost says a lot of stuff that's in opposition to the copyright grab in their ToS. IMO it's worth giving them the benefit of the doubt if they get it fixed. (but also don't upload original art or creative output or anything else you consider worth owning until they do.)

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Didn’t he already lose some position at Tesla for smoking pot on Joe Rogan? Was it Chairman or something?

Had nothing to do with smoking pot and everything to do with tweeting "taking tesla private at $420 per share, funding secured", which was a lie and illegal fraud. The SEC sued and forced him to be removed.

twitter literally cost him his CEO position and yet he still can't. stop. tweeting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the troubles in his relationship with grimes also seemed to start when he started tweeting right-wing bullshit, and he probably came across those opinions on twitter to begin with. twitter has taken everything from him

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's post-election day and twitter still works? I think maybe Elon's got this, you guys

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I will never not love the fact that anyone can @ the world's richest man about any stupid thing and there's a good chance he'll read it

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

kazil posted:

I will never not love the fact that anyone can @ the world's richest man about any stupid thing and there's a good chance he'll read it
u dont even need to @ him; based on the posts he likes, i think he namesearches

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm honestly a bit surprised he hasn't popped up ITT yet to tell us just how not owned he is.
Maybe he's actually really possessed by Lowtax's ghost and avoids the forums like the plague.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

crime weed posted:

u dont even need to @ him; based on the posts he likes, i think he namesearches

There's a nonzero chance a Twitter employee is currently creating or maintaining some way to alert elon every time his name is posted.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

By popular demand posted:

I'm honestly a bit surprised he hasn't popped up ITT yet to tell us just how not owned he is.
Maybe he's actually really possessed by Lowtax's ghost and avoids the forums like the plague.

He would, but he's too busy trying to ban evade in the bitcoin thread

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

satanic splash-back posted:

There's a nonzero chance a Twitter Tesla employee is currently creating or maintaining some way to alert elon every time his name is posted.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I'm sure John D. Rockefeller would spend half his day reading and responding to telegrams about his hairplugs and ex-girlfriends too.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
imagine having a phd in aerospace engineering & finding yourself tasked with writing regex expressions

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tbf, that's harder than most aerospace engineering.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

crime weed posted:

imagine having a phd in aerospace engineering & finding yourself tasked with writing regex expressions

I have a phd in a hard science and this is what I do and it was a major improvement

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1590383366213611522

Elon just got rid of the "Official" checkmark, apparently

Edit:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1590383539610324992

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 9, 2022

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lmao he's at war with his own company right now. This is a terrible look.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

:pusheen:

I thought this couldn't get better

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Such decisive and consistent messaging.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
:lmao:
makes employees work insane hours and over the weekend, just to undo their work because it made him look stupid

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

:sickos:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I did not see that coming

good job, Elon, burn the bird site down even harder

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lmao that rube just absolutely refuses to stop doing dumb poo poo

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:rubby:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Esther is probably having a rough day.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Sharing this from the Trump lols thread:

Another Bill posted:

Speaking of Phony Stark, he sure showed how impotent his political endorsement is this week lol

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
"The great leveler of who is stupid enough to give me more money. "

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
This is loving amazing lol

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
lmaoooo, the twitter engineers were desperately trying to salvage any remaining legitimacy that the platform had in the eyes of advertisers and he *torpedoed it personally*

absolutely incredible

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

There Bias Two posted:

Esther is probably having a rough day.

Esther is Ashley, the Vought publicist/executive assistant from The Boys

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The remaining legal team flee the building without looking back.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well it makes sense he killed it. As why would anyone give him money if some got it for free

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1590388544492765184

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It's sad how Esther has no idea how much she's being abused.

The only way she'll get out is if she's laid off or fired. Which, maybe even musk is not stupid enough to do.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I clicked through on MKBHDs tweet and just got an error, though it shows up on his timeline

The sites falling apart

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kazil posted:

lmao that rube just absolutely refuses to stop doing dumb poo poo

Me, looking angrily into the mirror every morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM