Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Azathoth posted:

nothing much, since Trump will be at the top of the ticket in two years and all the antiabortion nutjobs loving love him. dems will run on "if you don't vote for us, republicans will ban abortion nationwide" and it'll work as well in two years as it did here. if the economy keeps making GBS threads the bed, things might get so much worse that the economy overrides, but they don't need to codify it for votes. voters are dumb as gently caress and don't see that dems don't actually want to codify it, because republicans will do 90% of the work for them and shout as loud as they can about how much they want to ban abortion nationwide and how even if dems passed a law to codify Roe, they would repeal it immediately, so dems will keep banging the "vote for us or abortion dies" and voters will lap it up

Ben almost learns something but then decides that's a bad idea because it's his job

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1590347096170713088

what a godawful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

so whens this nonsense start up next year?

dems timed it so the debt ceiling will be reached at the end of *this* year, so expect another austerity commission that'll come up with measures that congress would have to vote up or down with no amendments, which would happen next year, unless dems blocked it (lol).

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

you're allowed to say a swear, ben. you're a big boy now!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

dems maintain enough control to be able to have a spine if they choose so? republicans have the ability to threaten to destroy the economy and/or shut down the government? i wonder how this will play out....

the succ zone stays winning.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the succzone is unimpeachable

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

U-DO Burger posted:

cspam has been defeated and is closing at midnight

C-SPAM is dead

all hail C-SPAM II

USS Liberty
Nov 9, 2022

by vyelkin
I voted straight ticket democrat and feel great today, suck it haters

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

libs all "heh. looks like our pissing and making GBS threads our pants in fear was slightly an overreaction. OWNED much leftists?? :smuggo:"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

USS Liberty posted:

post on your main

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

do you think the NV senate results will hold? I noticed Clark County still has 22% left to report

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/arne__ness/status/1590270970002288640

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

being wrong can be good sometimes

for instance, i think that the dems will use the results as an excuse to not get anything substantial done in the next 2 years, especially in regards to abortion, health care, and climate change, and then use their inaction as a reason to drive ppl to vote for them next election i.e. "abortion is on the ballot in 2024. Vote for us to secure access to abortions for every legal citizen" or whatever

i would love to be wrong about this

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

USS Liberty posted:

imagine how great you will feel in two years when nothing continues to happen mr cowardly alt poster

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

for instance, i think that the dems will use the results as an excuse to not get anything substantial done in the next 2 years, especially in regards to abortion, health care, and climate change, and then use their inaction as a reason to drive ppl to vote for them next election i.e. "abortion is on the ballot in 2024. Vote for us to secure access to abortions for every legal citizen" or whatever

Democrats' super power is taking the most wrong lessons from every election, win or lose. Guaranteed that they'll talk a big game about abortion rights and economics and do jack poo poo on them for two years, blaming Republicans for "obstruction".

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

just thinking about all those times dems have refused to do anything about republican gerrymandering and wow would you look at that the house is somehow perfectly balanced 50/50 making it impossible for the people to get anything while whatever the elites want gets rubberstamped through

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

So like two hours ago when I posted this and you guys were all like "pshaw nonsense" I was actually right?

Gripweed posted:

OK so apparently it looks like a narrow victory for Dems who have slightly increased their majorities, and everyone in Florida loves DeSantis and agrees with everything he says

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

cspam before/after the midterms

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1590386173633245184

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

so what they did the last 2 years?

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

from what I can tell, GOP needs all four of these for the Senate:

Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, Nevada

seems like Arizona will go to Kelly (D) unless there is a special thing about those remaining ballots in Pima and Maricopa, so....

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

would've liked to hear tiny dancer but this is good

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

why is Cortez Masto doing so bad, I thought NV had turned pretty decently blue with all the labor jobs in Vegas

Wait is Cortez Masto anti labor

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
It's funny to me that people thing "not happy when democrats win"="sad when republicans lose."

The point is that there was no outcome yesterday that would have led to anything substantially better. Whether democrats won everything, lost everything, or something in the middle, there will be no increase to the minimum wage, improvement to healthcare, improvement to the environment, reduction in wars or military spending, etc.
We're in a true alien vs predator situation.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

joepinetree posted:

It's funny to me that people thing "not happy when democrats win"="sad when republicans lose."

The point is that there was no outcome yesterday that would have led to anything substantially better. Whether democrats won everything, lost everything, or something in the middle, there will be no increase to the minimum wage, improvement to healthcare, improvement to the environment, reduction in wars or military spending, etc.

Imagine what a privileged moron you have to be to say something like this

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

joepinetree posted:

minnesota might legalize weed now that they have the state senate so that's nice at least

e: also south dakota expanded medicaid and nebraska raised the minimum wage so comme ci comme ca

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

joepinetree posted:

It's fun when Republicans lose. They really poo poo their pants about it; it's great.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

so all those things are going to happen right genius

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CSPAMMERs only want one thing, and it's loving disgusting.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

yeah, buddy, if only democrats had control of congress and the senate we'd totally have a higher minimum wage and nationwide abortion law. if only

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

:hmmyes: the jugs

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

imagine what a privileged moron you have to be to care about *checks notes* the minimum wage

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

joepinetree posted:

yeah, buddy, if only democrats had control of congress and the senate we'd totally have a higher minimum wage and nationwide abortion law. if only
What are the chance of them doing anything about abortion during the next two years? No don't answer, it's such a good way to raise money and get votes, the answer is obvious...

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

wow jack what privileged positions to care about wanting healthcare

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the important thing is the scoreboard, of course! The only way you can possibly accomplish any of your policy goals is if you flood Congress with people who are diametrically opposed to all of those policy goals but have the right letter next to their name! That way they'll make Nancy Pelosi Speaker of the House again, and she can oppose all your policy goals while being super badass / having the jugs etc

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

typical leftists wanting universal healthcare so Elon's kids can get free checkups

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

spacetoaster posted:

I'm gonna cum

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/ALGOP/status/1590201308690219008

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

spacetoaster posted:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Nice arguments but ultimately futile, as the democrats are passing better legislation than the Republicans and it's objectively better to live in a world where the democrats are in control of the presidency and congress

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

you have to be a real privileged rear end in a top hat to think the primary goal of politics is policy outcomes, rather than vibes

Marginalized people the world over love vibes, it's the most important thing in the world to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nice arguments but ultimately futile, as the democrats are passing better legislation than the Republicans and it's objectively better to live in a world where the democrats are in control of the presidency and congress

I tried finding the legislation you're talking about but all I'm seeing is your username