Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Coco13 posted:

Well let’s see how ol’ JadeStar manages to wriggle out of this one!
Ah! Well, nevertheless.

That Archon execution in the end was :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I just wanna thank the Gatekeeper for that clutch kill. Real MVP for Team Jade. :v:

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Guavamoment will never be able to watch Jadestar play difficult missions the same again. The Repeater Trauma is too strong.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Slaan posted:

You need to take that team of 5 and use them for The Final Battle

Congratulations, upon your transfer out of the ICU, you've been promoted from bartender to the tip of the spear

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well that was some bullshit

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
When I had to do something like that I got lucky and had a bunch of rangers but on the other hand I had fight the assassin.

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
Great to see every soldier seeing some use thanks to the sit rep. Added great suspense to the mission. :suspense:

Zombie Bartender was done dirty by the game. :colbert: He had to wait 35 episodes before finally getting to participate in a mission. Kills 2 on his first outing but gets knocked out. As a result he's not on the mission poster. To add insult to injury, he doesn't even get promoted. :argh: :xcom:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Don't worry, he'll solo the next mission with that same sitrep.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

BlazetheInferno posted:

Guavamoment will never be able to watch Jadestar play difficult missions the same again. The Repeater Trauma is too strong.

I think this is my favorite thing to come of the LPs; Guava's trauma at my ability to come through situations like this relatively unscathed. During the recording I was trying to hard to sell it like I was in trouble and something bad was going to happen but Guava's unwavering faith in my BS made feel like he never doubted for a moment that everything would be perfectly fine.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

At this point if a bad situation ever doesn't get saved by just the right luck we'll be commenting here with "is this a gag? Now you link the real video right?"

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Not gonna lie, when you had the SECOND person go down, I thought to myself, "That's why there's only four people in the poster."

Then executions happened, and all was back to normal.

The RNG just wanted to roll the extremes that mission, didn't it?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Hey Jade, do you have a link to the LP's character pool? It would be cool to get some of the LP heroes in my squads. Coincidentally, the XCOM 2 bundle with all the DLC is on sale for like $14 on Steam if anyone else is interested

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I am no good at file sharing, but this ought to work and be all you need : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KCG_NfQK24xYaiV8YNZkJHyRuv6PtX5-/view?usp=sharing

Occurs to me this might be the pile before the start of the LP and doesn't include the most recent sign ups. I'll check on that and upload a mark 3 when I can.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 1, 2022

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I know Guava is in prison for Lèse-majesté reasons but you need to get better impersonators

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Jade Star posted:

I am no good at file sharing, but this ought to work and be all you need : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KCG_NfQK24xYaiV8YNZkJHyRuv6PtX5-/view?usp=sharing

Occurs to me this might be the pile before the start of the LP and doesn't include the most recent sign ups. I'll check on that and upload a mark 3 when I can.

I appreciate the link, but I tried downloading and importing twice and only got Ragnar Ragnarson both times. I just paste the .bin file into the WotC Importable folder and the game takes care of the rest, right?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I hopefully have fixed the situation with Goon Pool mk3 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_Bylx7rS1fwVumaAn8zaGVk-1sx7O_l/view?usp=sharing

That should be 209 characters.

Also because I am dumb, here is an article about how to share and import characters since I barely know what I am doing - https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-share-and-import-custom-xcom-2-soldiers/

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Starting to make some plot progress once more as we tick off another shadow chamber project and then get a surprise opportunity for even more plot in the field. The black market resurfaces but not quite soon enough for me to buy the elerium i need for engineering projects. Guava celebrates thanksgiving too early, and I have an apple cider instead of root beer.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I can't believe we almost lost a true hero that mission.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
At least there was big enough robotic crab to force Jade to show off abilities he would not normally use.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
"Operation Sinking Stallion" makes me think of that one scene in the Never Ending Story. It also certainly felt like that scene the entire way through this mission.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

I do a couple of silly things while putting off a particular mission and then the mission name generator just spells it all out for us. But that's next time! This time is research and plot and we're like 2 researches away from the final mission. How much more mobility can i give Selena before the end?!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

I can't wait

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm a little baffled at you not getting her reaper.

That shaken trait at the end though... oh man.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

FoolyCharged posted:

I'm a little baffled at you not getting her reaper.

I always appreciate the devs explicitly made "fear of missed shots", "fear of panic", and "compulsive reloader" negative traits for your soldiers. Feels like a nice little dig at typical player behavior, heh.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Tree Reformat posted:

I always appreciate the devs explicitly made "fear of missed shots", "fear of panic", and "compulsive reloader" negative traits for your soldiers. Feels like a nice little dig at typical player behavior, heh.

I admit somebody panicking because of the first one and taking another shot at the enemy that hits is a pretty funny picture - "drat YOU STUPID RNG, HIT ALREADY!!!!".

FoolyCharged posted:

It's October in-game too, he's scared of seeing their ghosts at Halloween! Well, maybe not the Warlock's ghost, even Casper would look spookier in comparison.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I appreciate Thirst Mod for continuing to give us ridiculous, completely inappropriate post-mission posters.

"We let some people die when we could have saved them, but we're drat sexy"

Also the (stupid) solution to letting everyone keep up with Selena is deploying her with a squad of snipers using squadsight and just taking high positions on one end of the map. Also relying on the jank that lets them shoot when they really, really shouldn't have line of sight.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I'm going to guess that the spelling of his last name is just an IPA transcription of its pronunciation, or something very close like having the h be some consonantal modifier.

Edit: Well, half right.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 9, 2022

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Today, a very special episode of the commanders field manual to the resistance.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That was indeed a very special episode of the Commander's Field Manual To The Resistance. :hai:

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

BTW unless it got changed and/or my memories are completely insane, supplies don't time out: if you leave some or all of a supply drop and the next month whatever's left will just roll over and get added to the next load and the timer resets to 3 days.

so especially into lategame if you've got scanning/contacting/relaying to do (and possibly increased scan timers) and don't urgently need to buy stuff right now, it can be worthwhile to let them pile up for a month or three so that when you do pick them up you get more stuff per hour spent collecting

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

:five::five::five::five::five::five::five:

Anyone know the name of the song that is the battle music in this one, by the way? I went looking through the OST posted by Firaxis and can't find it.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

At least this new King of the Commonwealth is openly a lizard-person rather than secretly one. :dadjoke: I look forward to the next mission where Cain executes him.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Does that mean there's a giant snake person on all future CAD bills?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

:five:

Shame we had to leave our new buddy behind. But hey, he facetanked an explosion for us, and that's what matters in the end.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

There's a Viper King on the loose somewhere and Guava demanded this video be filmed in front of a live studio audience. Also tune in next week for our new podcast that we totally thought through and didn't just make up on the spot because we (Guava (stole it from chat)) came up with a great name for an XCom based podcast.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Only Snakes In The Building

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Typical that the only enemy that dropped goodies for you to pick up also ended the mission. Although maybe that's where the advanced stock came from, it's hard to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Tombot posted:

Typical that the only enemy that dropped goodies for you to pick up also ended the mission. Although maybe that's where the advanced stock came from, it's hard to say.

Yeah, any loot drop that hasn't been picked up will get obtained by ending the mission before its expiration timer as well.