Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sanctum posted:

Good to know. I saved up enough to guarantee Nahida's c1 but her c1 looks like trash. c2 anything is far too rich for my blood.

Her C1 is pretty reasonable, but if you're not going for C2 just save your gems/cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
get c0 scaramouche instead, imagine giving up a cute evil warcrimes puppet just for 10% more dps

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Nahida is so overpowered at c0 that you will be mad you don't have two of her. c2 will just make that worse. Al-Haitham and Dehya are allegedly 3.4 and 3.5 so there are a lot of places to spend primos oming up.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ugh, rumors are that Itto's coupled with 'Mouche's banner. Ayato's before that and I'd like him too.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

3.3 might have *3* characters I want in raiden, ayato and scaramouche

and that's assuming I don't roll Gorou and feel forced to chase Itto

gently caress

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Gorou shouldnt make you feel forced to chase itto. He works good with noelle and if you roll itto you'll then chase c6 gorou.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Here are some things I've found out about Nahida teams.

Kazuha and Kuki work very well together. Add your favorite hydro and you've got an insane hyperbloom team.

EM Yae absolutely works as a hyperbloom trigger, but she has to be on-field. Then you end up using her turret placement as a movement skill as you chase down dendro cores and hit them with normal attacks. She just doesn't get much done if you keep her off-field and rely on her turrets.

Nahida's ability normally fires off every 2.5 seconds. Kokomi's jellyfish applies hydro every 2 seconds. If you have 2 electro characters on the team, you can reduce Nahida's interval by .52 seconds (at C0, talent level 6+) while her burst is up. Then keep Kokomi on-field and throw out charge attacks and you'll have balanced, high speed dendro core production. Then you can pick your pair of electro characters. Raiden + Fischl seems to work best, Raiden + Beidou is good too.

https://i.imgur.com/COLfCoE.mp4

I keep trying to make Beidou work with Nahida. It seems like Fischl is always the better option.

Someone wanted an on-field Kokomi hyperbloom team, right? I wonder if C2 Mona could do the same thing.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Beidou and fischl aren't exactly at odds. Beidou plus Fischl is the most popular way to use her. Beidou apparently can't pop dendro cores at all so you can still easily control which electro builds EM and owns the hyperblooms -- just stick all the EM artis on Fischl and build Beidou for raw damage.

I actually never leveled my C6 Beidou but I'm planning on doing it for my nahida quicken team to replace my non-em-build Raiden. I'll miss the Raiden E combos in the overworld though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

Comp dependent. In aggravate fischl is mandatory to get anywhere near the comp's peak damage. In on-field nahida hyperbloom (Nahida's most OP comp) Raiden or Kuki is mandatory and fischl is optional (though still very good).

What makes Kuki or Raiden better than Shinobu there? Something about the way Electro is applied?

IMO Shinobu shouldn't have the self-damage attached to her skill. It's not like it'd be overpowered otherwise. Hopefully I can get all her constellations at some point; C6 would at least make things a bit easier since I could let her "die" once each fight.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
kuki shinobu and kuki shinobu are the same person hth

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm assuming the self-damage is due to the fact that it's a healing skill with high uptime (100% at C2) and incredible damage potential via reactions.

I forget how tricky she is to play when you don't keep her on-field most of the time. Actually took her in Abyss as the healer on a shieldless Tighnari team and had a frustrating time against Kenki.

My generalist freeze/hyperbloom team went from Kuki/Collei/XQ/Chong to Kuki/Nahida/Yelan/Chong (I couldn't live without access to a bow), and now there's even more incentive to keep her as the on-fielder with Nahida's A1 and as the only sword user to maintain freeze. She's pretty much always topped off from receiving most of her heals and avoiding additional damage by freezing enemies. I'm liking this setup more for Nahida, as Yelan has a lot more direct synergy with her than XQ, with mobility being a big bonus as well as much faster rotations.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 9, 2022

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Beidou and fischl aren't exactly at odds. Beidou plus Fischl is the most popular way to use her. Beidou apparently can't pop dendro cores at all so you can still easily control which electro builds EM and owns the hyperblooms -- just stick all the EM artis on Fischl and build Beidou for raw damage.

I thought Fischl wouldn't hit the dendro cores. From what I've seen, Oz will only hit them if the enemies he's targeting steps onto a core.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I didn't understand why people seemed to have a blind spot about kuki shinobu because she's so perfect and intuitive for the role yet raiden seemed to be more popular. But a lot of players are looking for reasons to not run kuki (which is fair). Xingqiu helps a lot tho and I've been treating HP as kuki's second best stat because it boosts her healing and makes her a bit more durable.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Stare-Out posted:

Ugh, rumors are that Itto's coupled with 'Mouche's banner. Ayato's before that and I'd like him too.

Wait is Ayato going to be in 3.3? Where the gently caress is Eula?! :argh:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yoimiya is such a nice character to have. Sure, she doesn't outdps Hu Tao but boy is she easier and more fun to use in vape groups. I threw my melt Ganyu's EM set on her (with a pyro cup) and she wrecks rear end.

Her EM isn't great but should I have Stringless on her or a R5 Rust? I didn't see that big of a change with Stringless.

Eimi posted:

Wait is Ayato going to be in 3.3? Where the gently caress is Eula?! :argh:

Ayato is supposed to be up again before 3.3 I believe. Scaramouche and Itto are the double banner debut for 3.3 if current leaks are to go by.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

No Wave posted:

I didn't understand why people seemed to have a blind spot about kuki shinobu because she's so perfect and intuitive for the role yet raiden seemed to be more popular. But a lot of players are looking for reasons to not run kuki (which is fair). Xingqiu helps a lot tho and I've been treating HP as kuki's second best stat because it boosts her healing and makes her a bit more durable.

i think she occupies a very awkward middle ground where if you're good enough at dodging you don't want a healer at all and if you're bad enough at dodging a healer who puts herself into one-shot range is a hard sell

you can avoid this through a balancing act re: how long she stays on-field but balancing acts are a lot more frustrating and difficult to get right than simple maximization

also personally i really like archers and using grass ring effectively requires you to throw away one of archers' key advantages. i still use her but it's all very annoying

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Maxwell Adams posted:

I thought Fischl wouldn't hit the dendro cores. From what I've seen, Oz will only hit them if the enemies he's targeting steps onto a core.

Well yeah but that's exactly where the cores spawn when you trigger a bloom reaction, so Fischl's A4 (or C6) should pop that stuff pretty easily if you're triggering blooms with an attack like with nahida, xingqiu, or koko's burst, so beidou's lightning and then fischl's A4 hit the enemy the core just popped out of.

Doesn't work nearly as well with something like an ayato+collei team where you're just putting circles down and reactoins are happening wherever unrelated to your leftclick attacks.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

Yoimiya is such a nice character to have. Sure, she doesn't outdps Hu Tao but boy is she easier and more fun to use in vape groups. I threw my melt Ganyu's EM set on her (with a pyro cup) and she wrecks rear end.

Her EM isn't great but should I have Stringless on her or a R5 Rust? I didn't see that big of a change with Stringless.

Ayato is supposed to be up again before 3.3 I believe. Scaramouche and Itto are the double banner debut for 3.3 if current leaks are to go by.

Second half of 3.2 is Childe/Yae iirc

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Stare-Out posted:

I don't think Stringless affects Yoimiya's attack under her skill so it's just an EM stat stick and for her burst damage.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Eimi posted:

Second half of 3.2 is Childe/Yae iirc

Oh, that's right. But I heard Ayato is getting a rerun fairly soon so it might be well into 3.3 then, my bad.

Hyper Inferno posted:

I don't think Stringless affects Yoimiya's attack under her skill so it's just an EM stat stick and for her burst damage.

That's true, best to stick with Rust then.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There was a lot of speculation about itto (because he has an event and the abyss buffs benefit him), Ayato (because he hasnt had a rerun and the abyss buffs benefit him), and Raiden (because 3.0 3.1 and 3.2 all had archons and the abyss buffs benefit her). None of them is really confirmed though someone is now claiming that ittomouche is first half and they say they're not just speculating.

I will mention that these abyss buffs are good for a lot of characters.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 9, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Raiden is the only one I feel is pretty much guaranteed because all the other archons showed up, be hosed up if she didn't. And Eula has been a while drat it she's cool I want her let me get her!!!

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I'm rolling for Alhaitham, he's got boobs

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
On field Sucrose with Nahida hyperbloom/salad is in my opinion her best team. Great single target damage, one of the best AoE teams in the game, Sucrose's skill and burst both have high stagger values which can prevent even heavy enemies(ex: Kairagi) from doing damage, and if you put Prototype Amber on Nahida your healing is pretty good when teamed up with XQ's damage reduction and healing while losing minimal damage because Sucrose is already stacking EM for Nahida's passive. It's a team that does everything well. Only consideration is that Sucrose also pairs well with DMC and if you want to run two hyperbloom teams splitting Sucrose and Nahida is probably the best way to get two strong teams.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They really want to FOMO people with Hu Tao.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tanreall posted:

On field Sucrose with Nahida hyperbloom/salad is in my opinion her best team. Great single target damage, one of the best AoE teams in the game, Sucrose's skill and burst both have high stagger values which can prevent even heavy enemies(ex: Kairagi) from doing damage, and if you put Prototype Amber on Nahida your healing is pretty good when teamed up with XQ's damage reduction and healing while losing minimal damage because Sucrose is already stacking EM for Nahida's passive. It's a team that does everything well. Only consideration is that Sucrose also pairs well with DMC and if you want to run two hyperbloom teams splitting Sucrose and Nahida is probably the best way to get two strong teams.

Can it deal with a hypothetical Oops All Large Geo slimes encounter?

Game's been neglecting claymores lately. I wanna see more Geo obstacles.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

gandlethorpe posted:

Can it deal with a hypothetical Oops All Large Geo slimes encounter?

Game's been neglecting claymores lately. I wanna see more Geo obstacles.

Electro charge does pretty well against the geo armor they have, so I'd say yes. The team can also slot in Beidou if the abyss line up has a side where it's all multitarget.

Edit: It's hard to test since we don't have them in floor 12 abyss right now.

Edit2: I forgot to add that one of the reasons Prototype Amber isn't that big of a downgrade is that Sucrose rainbow buffs EM for the whole team, so Nahida is getting around 200 EM from Sucrose's passive buff.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 9, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Also the evil part of me wants to see more of that one Electro energy drain domain effect, that for some reason isn't used as often as the bullshit cooldown increase one. Would highlight some of the weaknesses of characters who are carried hard by their high cost burst like XQ.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
before they use any more of those insanely annoying domain debuffs they should at least add a separate debuff icon for them so it's possible to distinguish "slowing water debuff" from "normal-rear end wet debuff"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think the most obnoxious abysses for me were:

3.) Original 1.0
2.) Those absolutely sadistic 1.4 monolith defenses
1.) High tide low tide

I would like some more challenge in general, but at the same time my top damage comps are just solved now it's nahida kukibloom one side raidenyelanational the other.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Just rolled Heizou C1 from the standard. This game is taunting me with his absence on a banner.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Tanreall posted:

I've found that Sucrose works well with Tighnari too. Set up some off-field stuff, then go back and forth between Tighnari charge shots and Sucrose's E.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

Just rolled Heizou C1 from the standard. This game is taunting me with his absence on a banner.
Taunting you by... giving him to you?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

Taunting you by... giving him to you?

Taunting me with his absence, like I said. Dude's been on one banner so far. :mad:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've found that Sucrose works well with Tighnari too. Set up some off-field stuff, then go back and forth between Tighnari charge shots and Sucrose's E.

I'm hoping I luck into Tighnari on the next banner I decide to roll on but with my luck it'll just be more Mona and Qiqi cons.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 9, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

Knowing Mihoyo’s sense of humor, they’ll put him on Scara’s banner. We heard you like anemo catalysts, so here’s one :smug:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Knowing Mihoyo’s sense of humor, they’ll put him on Scara’s banner. We heard you like anemo catalysts, so here’s one :smug:

Just put him on a banner, for goodness sake.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
From the leaks and how Mihoyo have tied Gorou to Itto in the past there's only one 4 star spot left on that banner. Scara/Itto as 5 stars, Gorou/Faruzan/? as 4 stars.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Maxwell Adams posted:

Here are some things I've found out about Nahida teams.

Kazuha and Kuki work very well together. Add your favorite hydro and you've got an insane hyperbloom team.

EM Yae absolutely works as a hyperbloom trigger, but she has to be on-field. Then you end up using her turret placement as a movement skill as you chase down dendro cores and hit them with normal attacks. She just doesn't get much done if you keep her off-field and rely on her turrets.

Nahida's ability normally fires off every 2.5 seconds. Kokomi's jellyfish applies hydro every 2 seconds. If you have 2 electro characters on the team, you can reduce Nahida's interval by .52 seconds (at C0, talent level 6+) while her burst is up. Then keep Kokomi on-field and throw out charge attacks and you'll have balanced, high speed dendro core production. Then you can pick your pair of electro characters. Raiden + Fischl seems to work best, Raiden + Beidou is good too.

https://i.imgur.com/COLfCoE.mp4

I keep trying to make Beidou work with Nahida. It seems like Fischl is always the better option.

Someone wanted an on-field Kokomi hyperbloom team, right? I wonder if C2 Mona could do the same thing.

Nice to know, I've been running with Nahida/kokomi/em raiden and sayu for the mobility and crystalfly collection. Might have to brush off Beidou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tread-softly
May 31, 2013

No Wave posted:

I don't think that Kuki's underrated as a hyperbloom driver at all - most people seem to agree that she's great for it, her kit's perfect, clearly her design was just waiting for dendro to come out. The main argument I've heard for EM Raiden over Kuki is that with Nahida's E, it's now really easy to build up more than 2 bloom cores/mob in the 1.5s between Kuki's E pulses, so they prefer Raiden's faster application.