Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

croup coughfield posted:

listen just lend me one more prediction and i swear itll work out this time

Senator Herschel Walker in the runoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

:lol:

:lmao:

loving laffo

I don't know who the state-level Manchin is in Michigan, but I'm sure the Dems will come up with however many are needed to keep the "gently caress the workers" law on the books.

https://twitter.com/umichvoter/status/1590390312450797570

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i predict that over the next 2 years the democrats will eliminate climate change, give everyone food and housing, give us living wages, fix our healthcare system, codify national abortion rights, defund and demilitarize the cops, close the border prisons, end the war in ukraine and dismantle NATO, destroy covid, and generally just be a cool bunch of people overall :unsmith:

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

This is going to be part of the new republican playbook soon, much in the same way some republicans fund the green party. Phil Knight funded 2 candidates, a centrist dem running third party and the republican. The centrist dem obviously siphoned off enough votes to make it competitive. Going to be a winning strategy going forward given the fact that it almost got a republican elected in Oregon, which is quite the feat.

in a sane country this would be enough to get the dems to support ranked choice voting or a two round runoff system, but alas...

maybe I'll be proven wrong, wouldn't be the first bad prediction I made in this thread

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

croup coughfield posted:

listen just lend me one more prediction and i swear itll work out this time

There’s not enough left in Nevada to get Cortez over the line

Bonus: Koteck will win OR gov

I really can’t help myself, I should seek help

Also agree Walker in GA runoff

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i think they called georgia for a runoff

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

ex post facho posted:

With this thread's death, the thread of prophecy has been severed. Reload from an earlier electoral state to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world you have created.

that's okay, I'll keep posting that garbage

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

i think they called georgia for a runoff

Pretty sure Warnock has to pass 50% to win outright. Probably not enough left for that kind of margin to emerge but who knows

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Pretty sure Warnock has to pass 50% to win outright. Probably not enough left for that kind of margin to emerge but who knows

yeah, runoff is confirmed

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think all you charlatans who sold me a false bill of goods should be "run off", personally

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

I think all you charlatans who sold me a false bill of goods should be "run off", personally

you can always start first

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

in sports betting when i'm wrong I have to deposit more and more money but here the predictions are free. hop in. have fun.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Subvisual Haze posted:

The combination of 75% feeling angry/unhappy about the state of country and then voting back in an almost identical government party composition is very odd. Everyone is unhappy, but change is also impossible. We looked bad on the last 2 years and demanded 2 more years of the same useless gridlock status quo.

They want change but they also don't want said change to be "we're destroying social security and sending your gay children & grandchildren to reeducation camps"

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I am unhappy that Dark Brandon is only a meme on Twitter but I'm not voting for Dr Oz to express my discontent.

Anyway Summer Lee won!

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Trump is gonna start mirroring Hillary Clinton in that his entire worldview is going to be centered around his election loss and never move on. Trump is never going to STFU about the 'stolen election' in the same way Clinton(and by extension a large percent of the Democrat Party) still hasn't stfu about the Russiagate nonsense and her 'stolen election' (which is where Trump got the idea election denial-ism idea from and cranked it up to levels that would even make Goebbels raise an eyebrow). Its gonna take Trump a second general election defeat to figure out people are just sick of his poo poo and move on. Every candidate perceived as a Trump 'loyalist' and that leaned into the election denial-ism poo poo flopped last night. Trump can try and blame it on 'bad candidates' all he wants, but being a 'Trump loyalist' kinda walks hand in hand with being either unhinged crazy(Lauren Boebert) or just a comical clown(Herschel Walker).

Going forward I fully expect many in the Republican Party to dump the Trump model and try to adopt the DeSantis model nationwide because DeSantis's victory margins are so large that one could argue DeSantis might be responsible for turning Florida from a purple state into more of a red state. Trump's ego and narcissism will never allow him to concede that his time has passed and therefore will run again. The question is will DeSantis actually run when Trump announces his 2024 candidacy next week. The smart thing would be not to, he's only 44 and there's no need to torch your political career getting into a long drawn out gutter fight with the king of playing dirty. Trump is a blessing for the Democrats right now because DeSantis's numbers are are quite scary, even in the solid blue areas. I already picture DeSantis pulling off a piece of Trump's meme army foisting 'DeSantis da Mantis' upon the world for the foreseeable future.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

My main thing is that I just wanted the funniest outcome. Which I previously thought was getting the three stooges trio of JD Vance, Dr Oz and Herschel Walker into the senate. But the thing about comedy is that the funniest jokes are the ones that catch you by surprise. And a dem senate with a literal one seat Republican majority house was certainly unexpected. There was a period a month or so ago that I thought the dems could win the house. But I never dreamed we'd see Republicans win by such a slim margin.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!
bring back toxxes imo

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

croup coughfield posted:

bring back toxxes imo

why did they stop? I'm not up on my forum history. Was it because too many people toxxed for Hillary in 2016?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

a medical emergency on January 6th 2023 flips the senate back to R

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

nah I don't think that I just think ranting about kids using litterboxes probably isn't a winner.

The funny thing about that is that, you know, other than childless yuppies (dems), americans tend to have a pretty good idea of what's going down at their local elementary school, either because they have kids or because they're libertarians. So I don't doubt that lots of americans BELIEVE there's some kids using literboxes, but far away. Somewhere like commiefornia or jew york. There's no way to make it a serious issue because "elitist libs 500 miles away are freaks" is credible but doesn't have any real immediacy.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

why did they stop? I'm not up on my forum history. Was it because too many people toxxed for Hillary in 2016?
It stopped being about people putting their money down on the table and started being a way to badger other posters

Also I think the mods got tired of keeping track and dealing with reports?

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Tibalt posted:

I am unhappy that Dark Brandon is only a meme on Twitter but I'm not voting for Dr Oz to express my discontent.

Anyway Summer Lee won!
she'll disappoint just like the rest of "the squad" but yeah seeing AIPAC eat poo poo easily overshadows whatever my feelings are about getting owned because the democrats have lived to "fight" another day

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

1glitch0 posted:

I think CSPAM and D&D need to take a little road trip to a small town diner (within driving distance of a major east coast city) and ask the grizzled wisdom-filled Every Man drinking coffee at 11am on a Tuesday what is REALLY going on in REAL America.

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1585075828848996352

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Also lots of people didn’t come back which is a problem for a dwindling user base, plus I believe it was a giant pita for the mods to process hundreds of bans

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lmao

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Toxxes should be momentous events packed to the brim with hubris and gambling. No need for a spreadsheet when they're not an everyday occurrence.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
It's fun to bet your account when you're riding high and your candidate is winning, but it's no fun to lose your account when you're really low because your candidate lost. You would think toxx bans would be more likely to rereg because people said "yes I will pay $10 if I'm wrong", but my impression is that they are not, so it's just banning a shitload of people, making everyone involved miserable, letting the site die a little more, all for the fun of circle jerking yourself while being wrong in a lovely thread. As this thread has amply proven, we are more than capable of doing that without toxxes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1590413413619859457

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Remember when AYBraham ate their hat over whether you could gently caress a test tube?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I for one am just glad that Diet Obama ate the poo poo of the biggest idiot CHUD in the nation in Wisconsin

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Tibalt posted:

It stopped being about people putting their money down on the table and started being a way to badger other posters

wrong

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Also lots of people didn’t come back which is a problem for a dwindling user base, plus I believe it was a giant pita for the mods to process hundreds of bans

right

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

30.5 Days posted:

It's fun to bet your account when you're riding high and your candidate is winning, but it's no fun to lose your account when you're really low because your candidate lost. You would think toxx bans would be more likely to rereg because people said "yes I will pay $10 if I'm wrong", but my impression is that they are not, so it's just banning a shitload of people, making everyone involved miserable, letting the site die a little more, all for the fun of circle jerking yourself while being wrong in a lovely thread. As this thread has amply proven, we are more than capable of doing that without toxxes.

i thought you weren't supposed to rereg a :toxx:ed account

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tibalt posted:

Remember when AYBraham ate their hat over whether you could gently caress a test tube?

fruit hats dont count as hats, abe was a goddamn coward

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I think the lesson of this election is that C-SPAM cannot fail, it can only be failed

By Democrats not being utterly destroyed

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It turns out while people are unhappy they think the conservative reactionary freaks are more disgusting than the people they're screaming about and generally approve of abortion and lgbtq rights so they vote against the conservatives.

Weird.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It turns out while people are unhappy they think the conservative reactionary freaks are more disgusting than the people they're screaming about and generally approve of abortion and lgbtq rights so they vote against the conservatives.

Weird.

This is imo correct and imo it’s the lesson the democrats will learn and imo it will keep working until conditions degrade to the point that it no longer works, and I don’t know when that will be. Until that time, much to my chagrin, I’m willing to admit that for all my bellyaching that Dems need to do something other than constantly run against trump, it is apparently a strategy that yields some amount of success

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Relevant Tangent posted:

i thought you weren't supposed to rereg a :toxx:ed account

you could, it was a simple normal ban, you were essentially betting $10 plus plat/av.

people have done perma toxxes

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Posting on the "Weed voted legal in Maryland and Missouri" page

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Between the runoff and a 1 seat majority in the house we might not know who controls either for weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Chamale posted:

Posting on the "Weed voted legal in Maryland and Missouri" page
:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420: