Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Did they have that thing a few years ago? I remember going to Culver's for the first time in a long time and I got some sort of "pub" burger and I thought it was better than a lot of burgers I've gotten from sit-down restaurants.

I'm pretty sure the older one was just called "the pub burger" or something and had a pretzel bun (which to date it was novel enough to be a selling point); it might have had two kinds of cheese but i dont remember exactly. wasnt the same thing but definitely was good as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The old pub burger from a few years back definitely had loads of cheese to it and was awesome. I would like to go back soon.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
The pub burgers are limited time special things they roll out every so often.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would invest in Culvers opening up a location in NJ, gently caress. I miss it :(

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Probably, they've had all kinds of specialty limited time burgs over the years.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

WEH posted:

I'm pretty sure the older one was just called "the pub burger" or something and had a pretzel bun (which to date it was novel enough to be a selling point); it might have had two kinds of cheese but i dont remember exactly. wasnt the same thing but definitely was good as hell

Yep! That was the one! :hfive:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

very interested to see if this works so I can try it here

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I had the pub burger last night and it's a pretty tasty switch up, but it's really hard to beat the normal burgs

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

:kimchi:

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i literally had a dream last night that a culver's opened up where i live. the withdrawal is real

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

didn't even have to pay a franchise fee? lol that's bullshit

----------------

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

lmao at the dad who insisted his sweet muscle car be included in the pictures sent to the local news

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

FBS posted:

lmao at the dad who insisted his sweet muscle car be included in the pictures sent to the local news

In Madison every other car is that exact same car but a different color.

A guy I worked with had one and upgraded to a maxed out Hellcat that had to be delivered off a truck from across the country. He spins the wheels at 50 if he throttles too much in the shift.

Car trends are weird.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Culver's merch shop is back for good, go get yourself something nice

https://www.butterburgerboutique.com

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this Japanese man is correct

https://twitter.com/EclecticHams/status/1569833128188940290

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I shared some culver's fries and o rings yesterday, and we dipped them in cheese sauce. A+

:haibrow:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Minus the chuds, Wisconsin is p great.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Philthy posted:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Philthy posted:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

that giant fried cheese curd disc burger is coming back this week

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I had one, it's not bad cause it's Culver's but it's not worth the like, heavy feeling afterwards cause it's so much food. Just doesn't taste cheesy enough, strangely.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It's the kind of thing I can't not try, even if it's not the best thing on the menu. Looking forward to it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i feel miserable just thinking about it

im sure it's good and all, but jesus christ

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
Cookout has "cheese bites" now

----------------

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

an actual dog posted:

I had one, it's not bad cause it's Culver's but it's not worth the like, heavy feeling afterwards cause it's so much food. Just doesn't taste cheesy enough, strangely.

You were not kidding about the heavy feeling that follows eating one of these. I don't regret having it, but it genuinely feels like too much, a weird complaint with a burger, especially fast food. I thought they gave us the wrong order when we got the bag, it was two of these with no sides and the package was genuinely heavy, but no, it's just that thick of a burger. Normally not big on red onion on burgers but the acidity and crunch were really necessary to offset the curd patty's prodigious greasiness.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
:siren: buffalo chicken tenders are back soon! :siren:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertainment/dining/2022/11/07/buffalo-chicken-tenders-back-on-culvers-menu/69626260007/

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Went here for the first time for a snack the other afternoon and it was good. Milkshake was very rich, fried cheese curds were more like mozzarella sticks (the breading especially) than I expected. Will go back soon to try a burg. Anything else I need to try?! Pot roast sandwich looked good too.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Went here for the first time for a snack the other afternoon and it was good. Milkshake was very rich, fried cheese curds were more like mozzarella sticks (the breading especially) than I expected. Will go back soon to try a burg. Anything else I need to try?! Pot roast sandwich looked good too.

The butter burgers with cheese are the main draw for the "main course", the only difference between a regular and a deluxe is lettuce and tomato, so, go with either to taste. The way they cook them gives the outside of the patty a slightly charred flavor and texture, which I like.

Pork tenderloin is disappointing (I love a good pork tenderloin sandwich but every time I have had it the pork is extremely thin), never had the pot roast.

When they have walleye fish in (seasonally) it's surprisingly really good as an entree for a fast-food chain, as long as you eat it soon and don't let it sit and get soggy, never had it sandwich style. The cod is good, but if you have the choice, go for the walleye.

Their signature on-tap root beer is really good, and as you know, their cheese curds are great (especially hot)! The fries are good, but I would always recommend substituting the cheese curds for the side in a combo every time. The vanilla frozen custard is miles above any soft serve stuff you would get at most fast-food chains.

I'm in one of the "satellite" areas but from what I understand they are pretty consistent. I think that's a pretty good wrap up? If anyone agrees or disagrees, feel free to chime in!

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Twenty Four posted:

The butter burgers with cheese are the main draw for the "main course", the only difference between a regular and a deluxe is lettuce and tomato, so, go with either to taste. The way they cook them gives the outside of the patty a slightly charred flavor and texture, which I like.

Pork tenderloin is disappointing (I love a good pork tenderloin sandwich but every time I have had it the pork is extremely thin), never had the pot roast.

When they have walleye fish in (seasonally) it's surprisingly really good as an entree for a fast-food chain, as long as you eat it soon and don't let it sit and get soggy, never had it sandwich style. The cod is good, but if you have the choice, go for the walleye.

Their signature on-tap root beer is really good, and as you know, their cheese curds are great (especially hot)! The fries are good, but I would always recommend substituting the cheese curds for the side in a combo every time. The vanilla frozen custard is miles above any soft serve stuff you would get at most fast-food chains.

I'm in one of the "satellite" areas but from what I understand they are pretty consistent. I think that's a pretty good wrap up? If anyone agrees or disagrees, feel free to chime in!

Note: This was true up until 2022, they changed their supplier and while it's still a good sandwich I'd argue that the cod is a better value, can't taste much of a difference, wouldn't be terribly surprised if some investigative reporter discovered they were using cod now. Either way the portion size also got drastically reduced.

Here is a video of the proper Walleye Sandwich I shot in 2020, in the nascent days of the pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGe-oz0v_k4

It was for a friend so it's unlisted, but now I'm showing it to all you goons as both a demonstration of the former might of this noble sandwich and as a tribute, for this is all we have left of it; a satisfying crunchy bite echoing through time. gently caress the new Walleye sandwich.

<3 al!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I don't think I've ever seen walleye in my area, or maybe they just dont advertise it when it's in season. Their cod dinner is pretty amazing for a fast-food joint, it's better than 80% of the restaurants and bars. I get it about every 2 months or so. The pot roast dinner is also good.

Edit: That walleye video does look like a proper fillet, which is the entire point of walleye sandwiches and such. Are they just doing half a filet now or some weird chunk meat that's battered?

Philthy fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 10, 2022

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Twenty Four posted:

Pot roast is alright but I wouldn't get it again when the burgers are so good.

Also definitely agreeing with the root beer recommendation, I know a few people who have been having Culvers for years without realizing that it's a house soda, and really good.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

aniviron posted:

Pot roast is alright but I wouldn't get it again when the burgers are so good.

Also definitely agreeing with the root beer recommendation, I know a few people who have been having Culvers for years without realizing that it's a house soda, and really good.

As someone who tries not to drink their calories, the diet root beer is probably the best diet soda I have ever had

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I hear you about soda; for me, the root beer is so good that when I do it, I do it in place of a dessert I'd have had instead.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

I had a double butter burger with cheese today and crinkle fries and it was excellent and reasonably priced. Burger was as good as five guys but it didn’t cost $20 for a burger and fries.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

I’ve gotten really dangerously hooked on Culver’s it’s just what a fast food burger ought to be

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
It's a solid joint. The midwest's In n Out. It's too bad they got rid of their $5 snack packs tho. :/

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I’ve gotten really dangerously hooked on Culver’s it’s just what a fast food burger ought to be

It's this

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

found myself on the road at lunchtime today was inspired to grab myself a butterburger thanks to this thread. man did it hit the spot. a+

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I had a double butter burger with cheese today and crinkle fries and it was excellent and reasonably priced. Burger was as good as five guys but it didn’t cost $20 for a burger and fries.

had this exact thought. hard to justify any other fast food burger place if there's a culver's around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Had a bacon double butter burger deluxe last night. Perfect as always.

----------------