Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Lots of freaks in D&D coming in here are just ecstatic that the union of state and corporate power, more commonly known as fascism, decided to go with “progressive” branding yesterday instead of Christian branding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A dem state supermajority is going to destroy my wages + healthcare this year so I'm glad the blue guys won Bigly.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

The Raston twitter posts about the 200 ballot boxes in Burning Tarpit County changing the race got boring

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

One way to look at this is that the destruction of a fundamental right in abortion and the 'attack on democracy' from 1/6 added up to maintaining status quo. Those cards are now played though.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tibalt posted:

I thought the toxx ban didn't go into effect until, like, 2018. I definitely remember people toxxing about poo poo like Mueller indicting Trump and poo poo.

Lol, remember when Jeff Sessions gave up his AL Senate seat to be AG and then Doug Jones beat Roy Moore for the seat because he was a pedophile?

Yeah but I think 2016 was when it stopped being actually enforced, vs people just autobanning iirc. 2018 was wild though. I remember going into election night it still seemed like the pedo could still win. The same way Walker is way more competitive than he should ever be.

Hell loving JD Vance won his seat, and the only person with more loser stench than him is the wet cardboard they ran against him.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

dems still lost lol

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Soup du Jour posted:

allah did not, in fact, will it

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Someone said, "It was basically 2020, but with 100% the opposite expectations going in." and that is pretty correct. The results are pretty similar to 2020 (relatively good Senate result for Ds and small House loss for Ds), but everyone expected them to get such a huge thrashing that a small loss/mixed bag is blowing everyone's mind.

Having your predicted House majority go from between 40 and 60 seats to between -2 and 11 seats in one day is a massive under-performance from the Republicans. They had the ball on the 1-yard line and the other team was short on players and they still only managed to take it half a yard.

For context, Obama lost 63 House seats and 6 Senate seats with a higher approval rating than Biden in his first midterm.

Biden looks like he will lose 6 to 11 seats in the House and gain one seat in the Senate.

Because Obama was fake and Biden is authentic. The working class have more faith in him

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Can't wait for the destruction of Social Security and Medicare to be bipartisan instead of being pushed through by a hard R legislature.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MLSM posted:

Lots of freaks in D&D coming in here are just ecstatic that the union of state and corporate power, more commonly known as fascism, decided to go with “progressive” branding yesterday instead of Christian branding

This is cope. Worm posting

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Allah's will is the destruction of America, and this result moves us one step closer. No catharsis, no lessons learned, no turning the ship away from the reef. We will sit serenely as the building burns down around us. "This is fine. The best performance in a generation. Everything is going well."

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

MLSM posted:

i still dont get what their even ecstatic about or even trolling about literally nothing will change for another 2 years on a national level except maybe if the economy gets even worse who knows

its such a weird thing lol the dems only lost this much ok great no-one here wanted the gop to win

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

its such a weird thing lol the dems only lost this much ok great no-one here wanted the gop to win

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

Allah's will is the destruction of America, and this result moves us one step closer. No catharsis, no lessons learned, no turning the ship away from the reef. We will sit serenely as the building burns down around us. "This is fine. The best performance in a generation. Everything is going well."

That’s nice

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Noob Saibot posted:

Because Obama was fake and Biden is authentic. The working class have more faith in him

boob dembot

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

didnt the secretary of labor just announce their going to break railroad unions

really pro-union move there

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

speng31b posted:

starting to think the entire state of florida is a climate change dem honeypot

B.F. Pinkerton
Nov 29, 2021

Paul's Boutique
(+1) 718-498-1043
Brooklyn, New York

HallelujahLee posted:

didnt the secretary of labor just announce their going to break railroad unions

really pro-union move there

I believe they delayed the strike again but talks are still underway

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

B.F. Pinkerton posted:

I believe they delayed the strike again but talks are still underway

yeah the same 30 day crap their playing

heres the article

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/04/business/railroad-strike-labor-secretary-congress

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

croup coughfield posted:

the gently caress does that have to do with what people are talking about
just asking questions

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
it's worth noting inshallah is frequently used colloquially to mean "don't hold your breath" in Qatar according to my friend who spent a few years there learning a trade, so

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

HallelujahLee posted:

i still dont get what their even ecstatic about

HallelujahLee posted:

nothing will change for another 2 years on a national level

You just answered your own question.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Soup du Jour posted:

allah did not, in fact, will it

Allah coming in with the big L on this one

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

bidem has 2 years to legalize weed and win 2024 in a blowout

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

are gays legalized yet

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

biceps crimes posted:

are gays legalized yet

I'm sure the courts will move real quick to make them illegal again before 2024

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

isnt it still pretty much a tossup and theres a chance republicans still win both houses

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

look instead of having to put up with psychotic republicans and laughing as the democrats get pissed off at each other we get to put up psychotic democrats and laugh at the republicans. it's funny either way

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

look instead of having to put up with psychotic republicans and laughing as the democrats get pissed off at each other we get to put up psychotic democrats and laugh at the republicans. it's funny either way

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

looks like both republicans and democrats lost which to me, the bourgeois party hater, is a win-win :smugbert:

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

The C-Spam poster said the democrats would lose, but their predictions were too cold
The D&D poster said the democrats would win, but their predictions were too hot
The GBS poster said lmfao who cares nerds, and their predictions were just right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ted hitler hunter posted:

looks like both republicans and democrats lost which to me, the bourgeois party hater, is a win-win :smugbert:

:hellyeah:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

biceps crimes posted:

are gays legalized yet

mandatory

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

One way to look at this is that the destruction of a fundamental right in abortion and the 'attack on democracy' from 1/6 added up to maintaining status quo. Those cards are now played though.

lol, I've watched democrats do that "destruction of a fundamental right in abortion" dance for decades; they're not going to stop their streak now when it's proven to be so lucrative election-wise & for fundraising.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

maruhkati posted:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/videos/the-pollsters-seem-to-have-had-a-good-night/

The great thing about being a Poll Dweeb is that you can never be wrong. "It was more or less within the range of a standard polling error! We're only talking in terms of possibilities, not certainties!"

Oh, is that, so? Well, I'm certain I'd like these nerds to shut the gently caress up forever.

he's such a loving dumbass

i'm glad nate cohn dunked all over him via twitter like two weeks ago. it really lessened my anxiety and helped me ignore FiveThirtyEight and their Republican moon polls

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

are you mentally r-worded?

you need 218 for control

even somebody like you can figure that out Xaris

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

he's such a loving dumbass

i'm glad nate cohn dunked all over him via twitter like two weeks ago. it really lessened my anxiety and helped me ignore FiveThirtyEight and their Republican moon polls

Until they come up with a better polling method then loving cold calling people I will continue to fully ignore all polls ever.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

MLSM posted:

hey buddy, you need to get yourself a custom avatar (or have someone angrily buy you one, like me) before you start throwing those kinds of disses around

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

LionYeti posted:

Until they come up with a better polling method then loving cold calling people I will continue to fully ignore all polls ever.

Tralfragar (Republican) or whatever that stupid outfit is called is rated as A+ on their confidence scale for pollsters.

they just got bodied yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

never trust polls