Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wasteland of dead twitter links to suspended parody accounts up in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Maybe Jeff can incentivize Seraph, Dare and that dude who fuckin’ loves the Golden State Warriors to go hassle Musk instead of posting here

You should go take a look at how bitcoin is doing today if you haven't already. Seraph's probably not posting here again for awhile.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Frank Frank posted:

And then the kid goes, “…named Elon Tusk”

Grats, you raised a poo poo poster

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Anora posted:

Grats, you raised a poo poo poster

I am very proud

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/hehewaitwhut/status/1590489781502611458?s=46&t=HqekH4KXf7xs14sKvbW29g
This is all going swimmingly, I think you’ll agree that Elon knocked it out of the park here.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Genuine lmao

Ngl I really want to make an Eric Trump account and post all of the gators I’m going to wrestle but I don’t want to give Musk $8

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 10, 2022

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Glad to see Biden having fun :shobon:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Steadiman posted:

https://twitter.com/hehewaitwhut/status/1590489781502611458?s=46&t=HqekH4KXf7xs14sKvbW29g
This is all going swimmingly, I think you’ll agree that Elon knocked it out of the park here.

When did twitter add those little flairs under the username? Is that a Twitter Blue things from before Musk?

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Yeah those predate musk and honestly they're pretty benign

I expect them to be converted ASAP into exclusively quotes from God Twit Ellon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is funny when its people making obvious jokes, and theres very obvious bad faith actors who will be snuffed out like people trying to pretend to be major politicians, but shits gonna get dark pretty quick when you get people pretending to be d-list celebrities to try and get access to starstruck teens, or low-level politicians to try and cause local issues. not to mention the twitter security team going after this stuff is overwhelmingly american, itd be easy to imitate, say, a japanese artist or a brazilian musician, even relatively known ones.

and i still dont understand what he means by 'democratization,' because even if you take the worst bad faith approach and say he wants random republicans to be able to have a checkmark to make their election conspiracies seem credible, he's just removed all credibility of the checkmark. it seems like he really thought the purpose it served was just aesthetic.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Endorph posted:

this is funny when its people making obvious jokes, and theres very obvious bad faith actors who will be snuffed out like people trying to pretend to be major politicians, but shits gonna get dark pretty quick when you get people pretending to be d-list celebrities to try and get access to starstruck teens, or low-level politicians to try and cause local issues. not to mention the twitter security team going after this stuff is overwhelmingly american, itd be easy to imitate, say, a japanese artist or a brazilian musician, even relatively known ones.

and i still dont understand what he means by 'democratization,' because even if you take the worst bad faith approach and say he wants random republicans to be able to have a checkmark to make their election conspiracies seem credible, he's just removed all credibility of the checkmark. it seems like he really thought the purpose it served was just aesthetic.

You could probably start a war by creating a Hezbollah fake account and saying the right things right now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you could probably start a war by creating a fake account for a big minecraft youtuber and saying the rights things right now

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

new revenue strategy has some flaws

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1590467990159777794

e:fb

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Revenue gained from trolls: $8
Revenue lost from Nintendo ad deal: -$40M

somebody please help me budget my site is dying

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Endorph posted:

As far as I can tell "democratize" is tech-speak for "make worse".

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Steadiman posted:

Holy loving poo poo :lmao:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Endorph posted:

Elmo has never had a single relationship that wasn't tainted by his money in some fashion, so he really doesn't have the slightest loving clue what actual human beings want or how they interact.

It's fine when he's just taking credit for electric cars that other people designed and built, or when he's pitching terrible single car tunnels to gently caress with public transit, but Twitter is a human product and he's very quickly revealed he has no loving clue how any of us actually work.

And that's not an autism thing. More than enough of us here will attest to that. Autism doesn't make you stupid, it just impairs you and has a compound effect if you're already kind-of a dumbass. Elmo's problem is purely a trust fund failson thing.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

This dope can't decide if $8 is super cheap and what people would spend on a latte or too expensive to lose making troll accounts

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Guze posted:

This dope can't decide if $8 is super cheap and what people would spend on a latte or too expensive to lose making troll accounts

He doesn't value jokes he thinks everyone will think it's lame. Cool Pepsi can have an intern make fake coke accounts and poo poo post on them for $8 a post? worth it.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Elmo has never had a single relationship that wasn't tainted by his money in some fashion, so he really doesn't have the slightest loving clue what actual human beings want or how they interact.

It's fine when he's just taking credit for electric cars that other people designed and built, or when he's pitching terrible single car tunnels to gently caress with public transit, but Twitter is a human product and he's very quickly revealed he has no loving clue how any of us actually work.

And that's not an autism thing. More than enough of us here will attest to that. Autism doesn't make you stupid, it just impairs you and has a compound effect if you're already kind-of a dumbass. Elmo's problem is purely a trust fund failson thing.

It's worse than this.

Elon's money has meant that for his entire life he's been in an echo-chamber reinforcing his wrong views are right, and that he'll always ultimately get his way. So it's not just organically being wrong, he's been doubling-down on it for ages because people told him was right. In his mind, what he's doing now makes sense- it's what he's always done, and it worked. People work the way he thinks, because that's what he's been told.
He think he's being the Cool Everyman Billionaire with the common sense solutions, and doesn't realize he's the butt of every joke on Earth right now.

Elon Musk is going to become the equivalent for corncobbing that Julius Caesar is for statesmanship, forever. He will be etched into the human psyche eternally- as a dumb rear end in a top hat.
lol

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Steadiman posted:

I was a swing voter but now I'm a swinging Democrat voter

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

Revenue gained from trolls: $8
Revenue lost from Nintendo ad deal: -$40M

somebody please help me budget my site is dying

$8 turns out to be from stolen credit card
Revenue lost: -$40,000,008

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Outrail posted:

I was a swing voter but now I'm a swinging Democrat voter

I'm willing to give him a fair shake.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
So... if they want to drop this feature they'll either have to wait until the end of a month or issue refunds right?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

big black turnout posted:

So... if they want to drop this feature they'll either have to wait until the end of a month or issue refunds right?

Or remove that part of Twitter blue and have it just make your name blue or something. Which of course will get people upset since they just wanted the blue checkmark and start a class action lawsuit.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
If he has 10 thousand people make parody accounts each month, that's more than enough to absolutely bring down Twitter and make it a wasteland.
And that gets him $80k/mo. less than a single months ad spend from a single company that dipped out when he took over.

Maybe the reason he became the world's richest man is because he literally doesn't understand money. Like how someone playing poker for the first time is impossible to play well against because they don't understand the stakes.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Guze posted:

new revenue strategy has some flaws

I’m sure those few hundred, maybe even thousand, accounts that will lose their $8.- investment will quickly offset the billion plus annual debt payment Twitter is now saddled with. Big W for Elon!

grenada
Apr 20, 2013
Relax.

cubicle gangster posted:

Maybe the reason he became the world's richest man is because he literally doesn't understand money. Like how someone playing poker for the first time is impossible to play well against because they don't understand the stakes.

But this is actually true. Trust fund kids can take incredible business risks because they know they’ll always have the family money to fall back on or at the very least a job at the family company. There’s a reason that pretty much every startup founder comes from a rich family.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol: you can’t tell the richest man in the world, “No.”

There’s a lesson about capitalism in all this, but ain’t no one who needs it is gonna learn it.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
picturing elon tweeting a string of emojis while tears slowly stream down his face

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

cubicle gangster posted:

Foreign investors and Crypto Losers are a shockingly lucrative market.

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
He only needs about ten million parody accounts to pay $8 before getting banned to service the billion per year debt interest. Business 5d chess genius really if you think about it

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

laxbro posted:

But this is actually true. Trust fund kids can take incredible business risks because they know they’ll always have the trust to fall back on or a job at dad’s company. There’s a reason that pretty much every startup founder comes from a rich family.

Yeah, what I mean is, he still doesn't understand how much a billion is. Thinking $8 can multiply in any way to fill the holes he's made by coming up with the $8.
There's a difference between a safety net making for bullish decisions and someone who didn't bother opening a spreadsheet before slapping $44bn down. Money is just meaningless and arbitrary to him beyond more = good.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol why did he make it monthly?

surely paying for an entire year would have deterred trolls more

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Steadiman posted:

I’m sure those few hundred, maybe even thousand, accounts that will lose their $8.- investment will quickly offset the billion plus annual debt payment Twitter is now saddled with. Big W for Elon!

Don't forget the advertisers fleeing in droves.

Out of curiosity I checked google and ...

lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:lol: you can’t tell the richest man in the world, “No.”

Anyone who thinks this is true should have a chat with Canute and Diogenes.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

big black turnout posted:

Just ban every account that bought blue and keep the money. Easy.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Steadiman posted:

gently caress I was reading this while putting the baby to sleep and now I woke her up laughing manically

great going rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Gros Tarla posted:

gently caress I was reading this while putting the baby to sleep and now I woke her up laughing manically

great going rear end in a top hat

The liked by .. Nude Gingrich (official) really put it over the top for me