Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Duck evolution kicks rear end if this is accurate

I went from hating it to loving it over the course of a minute while staring at it, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hopeandjoy posted:

But also GF has a really bad habit ever since gen 4 of the first generation on new hardware sucking hard and then the second generation on that hardware being somewhere in the span of good to one of the best generations. Something about that transition just gets them every time. Probably the short dev time because I think they reuse engines.

I think around the time of USUM someone on the team even said they thought he Switch was going to be a flop. So they weren't even expecting to move onto working with that so soon.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

hopeandjoy posted:

But also GF has a really bad habit ever since gen 4 of the first generation on new hardware sucking hard and then the second generation on that hardware being somewhere in the span of good to one of the best generations.Something about that transition just gets them every time. Probably the short dev time because I think they reuse engines.

Let’s be honest. Red and Green and Ruby and Sapphire also fall into this group.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Crystal Nuzlocke Update 4

I have reached goldenrod city, biked back to new bark town to show off togepi to professor dumbdumb, and rolled back to goldenrod city, where this extremely distressing thing happened:

I don’t feel like my team can support two fire types probably. But! This is a shiny magby.

MAGBY PROS:
Sentimental attachment to Magmar
It’s shiny
Has Dizzy Punch

GROWLITHE PROS:
Arcanine is probably better than Magmar right?
Already appropriately leveled
Isn’t a stupid baby

I don’t know what to do. My heart tells me to level magby until it can appropriately replace growlithe but my brain tells me it’s too far behind already. Would appreciate thoughts from other Pokémaniacs. Idk maybe two fire types wouldn’t completely cripple my team? I am looking to replace zubat with something from the bug catching contest.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Agreed, Red and Green were rough and glitchy as hell, but Blue is an amazing game even today.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I have reached goldenrod city, biked back to new bark town to show off togepi to professor dumbdumb, and rolled back to goldenrod city, where this extremely distressing thing happened:

I don’t feel like my team can support two fire types probably. But! This is a shiny magby.

MAGBY PROS:
Sentimental attachment to Magmar
It’s shiny
Has Dizzy Punch

GROWLITHE PROS:
Arcanine is probably better than Magmar right?
Already appropriately leveled
Isn’t a stupid baby

I don’t know what to do. My heart tells me to level magby until it can appropriately replace growlithe but my brain tells me it’s too far behind already. Would appreciate thoughts from other Pokémaniacs. Idk maybe two fire types wouldn’t completely cripple my team? I am looking to replace zubat with something from the bug catching contest.

can always keep it as a backup until you have an EXP Share and/or you can get it to level 30 to evolve reasonably fast?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
more leaks coming? Part of this one was teased in previous leaks.

Single stage Water/Psychic fish bone with detachable fillets ??

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Full game leak may have been uploaded now; might be your last warning to avoid more extensive spoilers.
This is just the basic character appearance select screen.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Take that shiny baby to the Hall of Fame!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Open Marriage Night posted:

Take that shiny baby to an early grave!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the water starter it turns out is the best. what a world

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It truly is the return of gen VII

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

oddium posted:

the water starter it turns out is the best. what a world

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/yr0p43/quaquaval_the_duck_is_here_final_evo_no_feet/

Apparently!! Oh my God I love him!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oh my god it has no feet

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's way better than the sprite made it seem
Cat is still best though

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

This is the gayest duck I've ever seen and I'm so excited to go adventuring around Poke-Spain with him. They didn't have to go that hard with the flamboyancy but I gotta say I do appreciate it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Why does that duck have a huge rear end

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

for sitting

on eggs

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

So it can shake it for Carnival duh.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

New good dog

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I feel bad for that dog

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

he seems very put-upon
I hope it grows up into a shitwrecker

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

They really want us to make an all dog team this time around huh? Can't say I mind but I very badly want to see the final evos for these good puppers though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he's paralyzed help him

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Flopsy posted:

They really want us to make an all dog team this time around huh? Can't say I mind but I very badly want to see the final evos for these good puppers though.

Crocodiles are basically ancient dogs so you can even still use a starter

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

oddium posted:

he's paralyzed help him

wrong electric types can't be paralyzed

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Awesome. I love him.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm trying to avoid watching any leak streams and stuff, but I heard a rumor that Set was removed entirely as an option? Sounds too much like a good shitstirring troll but with Gamefreak you ever know...is there any confirmation of this?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Barney Rubble in TYOL 2022?

More likely than you think :allears:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm trying to avoid watching any leak streams and stuff, but I heard a rumor that Set was removed entirely as an option? Sounds too much like a good shitstirring troll but with Gamefreak you ever know...is there any confirmation of this?

Nothing i've seen so far and i've been trying to keep up with the leaks, but it could just be that no ones even tried looking for it.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Third stage of a line I don't think we've seen

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Leaker is confirming this

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 10, 2022

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Lmao if gamefreak decrees competitive battles are now switch.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

i was kinda hoping the hammer fairy was the pseudo but apparently thats another mon. Still cool

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Leaker is confirming... the opposite? Switch was reportedly removed, not set

This is even more hosed up

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This is even more hosed up

Nm, they went back and said it was the opposite of that. Edited my post to reflect

https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1590519158281756672

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nm, they went back and said it was the opposite of that. Edited my post to reflect

https://twitter.com/CentroLeaks/status/1590519158281756672

:goofy:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
That's a pretty good tutorialization, lol.

Your rival has the starter that's weak against yours, but terrastalizes to your weakness.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

That's the third stage?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

This. This is my new favorite so far.

If this is version exclusive, it will affect my choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I hope the first stage is just the same pokemon with a Lowe's rear end claw hammer