Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

stump collector
May 28, 2007
would literally rather be doing anything else. a firefighter, a police officer, a squirter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The Highlander joke is almost Tom Myers-grade, but it's executed far more coherently and competently than Tom would be able to.

In addition to everything else mentioned upthread, other things I liked:
-Zooming in on Adams' face when he was booking the hotel
-"What do you mean he didn't like us?"

The 50/50 sounds good but the egg side should have cheese and absolutely needs a non-kosher protein like bacon.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Why can't it just be a sandwich I don't want to eat two halves

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Lol the constant stav walking in that on the road video

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

jake's happy feet joke was pretty good

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Man, Nick really wasn’t joking about the state of Adam’s posture

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I don’t understand who the audience is at these stand up shows, like, I know that the Highlander bit was set up in a funny way in the video, but I was loling watching it, mostly because of how Nick is clearly waiting for a laugh and then when he doesn’t get one he keeps going and waiting again, etc. But I can’t imagine not laughing at that if I were there.

slave to my cravings posted:

The entire first part where nick was saying it was so hard being a comedian, eating pizza in the hotel, etc.

Oh yeah, true, i was assuming it was just making fun of comedians in general saying poo poo like ‘civilians’ or about how ‘somebody has to do it’, a la Tom myer’s comparing stand up comics to fire fighters. But listening to that part again I can see how it’s making fun of Stav.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

“threw my back out eating snacks”

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
also the very obvious squirter ref

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

the highlander joke ruled

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
the booze is good for nick imo. the irish need alcohol to express their souls, it's basic race science

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

mark immune posted:

the booze is good for nick imo. the irish need alcohol to express their souls, it's basic race science
"actually starting the show" seems to have given him enough anxiety to resort to liquid courage*

* - legal disclaimer: alcohol is not actually liquid courage

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Our editor quit because his ex girlfriend spread a rumor that he had AIDS

Spent sixteen thousand dollars on chairs

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLavtb7f1jE

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

oh hell yes

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

they need an incredibly fat guy with a pleasant cackle thats really good at riffing with Nick. that would make the show great again

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They have recine on all the time

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

mistermojo posted:

they need an incredibly fat guy with a pleasant cackle thats really good at riffing with Nick. that would make the show great again

I mean Mike Recine's been auditioning for the role all year.

e;fb

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

yeah he can be on all the time, sure. I don't think I can take Adam just repeating what Nick said and laughing any more

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
all of them saying "yea" 4 times after each sentence kinda got annoying. I can honestly say that's the first complaint I've expressed about the show

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

They have recine on all the time

I feel bad for him because he has a kid and is really broke. I found out about this when he called out Jordan for being upset about a current breakup and she goes, "That was a personal conversation! At least I'm not having money problems" and he jokingly said he was fine because he made $600 last weekend.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

mistermojo posted:

yeah he can be on all the time, sure. I don't think I can take Adam just repeating what Nick said and laughing any more

Lmao Adam really does suck rear end

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im gonna be honest i miss the old show but i will keep giving nick 5 bucks a month just so they can do better than the fat one

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Stavs non sequiturs to fill dead air were funny to me because they were as stupid as his tweets.

“Would you rather have x ray vision or have a huge pair of titties??”

E: also stavs lecherous nature grossed me out most of the time but now when Adam says sex stuff it comes off really weird and creepy.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
if a guy had a penis but it tasted good would you suck it

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

They're having growing pains but I'm along for the ride to the end. Did people really dislike the set that much? Latest episode is then revealing a lot of truths and background info.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

net work error posted:

Did people really dislike the set that much? Latest episode is then revealing a lot of truths and background info.

Everyone's problem with the first episode was the sound. Nick didn't even mention it and kept saying everyone was complaining about lighting and other random poo poo no one ever said. He wasn't being serious, though.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

kolby posted:

I feel bad for him because he has a kid and is really broke. I found out about this when he called out Jordan for being upset about a current breakup and she goes, "That was a personal conversation! At least I'm not having money problems" and he jokingly said he was fine because he made $600 last weekend.

They should make Mike a host imo. He is pretty funny.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm fine with whatever keeps this strange manic phase going.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kolby posted:

Everyone's problem with the first episode was the sound. Nick didn't even mention it and kept saying everyone was complaining about lighting and other random poo poo no one ever said. He wasn't being serious, though.

i remember one person complaining about the lighting tho

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think the set's great and lol that they got told it would take a week originally.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Are they not dropping any new video eps? I’m not on the patreon so idk when new stuff comes out. I think I’ve seen video 101 and part of 102. Are there more

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Tetramin posted:

Are they not dropping any new video eps? I’m not on the patreon so idk when new stuff comes out. I think I’ve seen video 101 and part of 102. Are there more

there's a 'tour doc' and the test eps that you probably already saw. they didn't post a vid for 103

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Famethrowa posted:

I'm fine with whatever keeps this strange manic phase going.

This, but also increase the use of the gun for gesturing and pointing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tetramin posted:

2-3 months for glengarry glen ross

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I wonder who the celebrity guest will be

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Probably Shane Gillis again

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

Probably Shane Gillis again

you mean The Mummy

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Adam dropped a hint about asking the guest if they got buggered in private school so I'm guessing they really got Simon pegg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol i looked it up and he went to some sort of mormon high school in the uk??