Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

DaveWoo posted:

Man, that is some Bond supervillian levels of arrogance right there

Lolling that now in 2022 the implausible part of Tomorrow Never Dies is that Jonathan Price would just be tweeting his evil plans the second they popped into his thick skull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oooooooh… she crazy!

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

BigBadSteve posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1590612193590259712

Just lodged my vote. Vote early!

What incredible loving hubris of Musk to even consider that him owning Twitter a few days somehow magically changed its culture for the better overnight via neurotic self-centered spoiled chud osmosis or something.

Can't see poll results unless you have an account, which I no longer have. Have the bots just overloaded the poll with "no, we're all gone now thanks to our god elong"?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Total Party Kill posted:

Can't see poll results unless you have an account, which I no longer have. Have the bots just overloaded the poll with "no, we're all gone now thanks to our god elong"?

It is much closer than his previous polls getting dominated by fans/bots.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

thats a lmao

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Yikes, not only is Elon requiring a return to office effective immediately, they previously had a policy that let people move out of San Francisco and work anywhere in the coutnry.

Seems like a pretense to fire even more people.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Chainclaw posted:

imagine calling the twitter ethics hotline right now. I wouldn't be surprised if Musk has already disconnected it.

They fired everyone who could figure out how to unplug a phone line

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

poo poo, so I guess I'm gonna have to wait awhile longer to get an ergo desk chair from twitter

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

Zuck fired 11k employees, number go up

Elon fans: "whoa, that's even more than Elon fired. This dude must be a genius."

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

There Bias Two posted:

https://twitter.com/SBF_FTX/status/1590709199067295749?t=hF4FgQGzQuxlcQll1MQc6A&s=19

This is comedy gold.

I AM NOT A GOOD DEV AND PROBABLY MISDESCRIBED SOMETHING could easily be a new title.

Edit: wait this isn't the Bitcoin thread. Oh well it's still funny

Musk and Bitcoin could probably be merged into one thread tbh. The site doesn't really need more than 3 threads

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/PatBlanchfield/status/1590692238748971008/photo/1

i dont even know which, if any of these, are the real pope

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

sugar free jazz posted:

what does that mean

the self certification and whatever

Dark Brandon is going to stone cold stunner Musk and then 1000 attorneys will finish the job

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The Musk threads are moving too fast for me to keep up, have we heard any news about lawsuits re: the mass firing?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Musk also asked all Tesla employees to come back to the office, he equates WFH with "pretending to work".

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jun/01/elon-musk-return-to-office-pretend-to-work-somewhere-else

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Elon was really counting on that Red Wave that was a Red Fart to prop him up here imo

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Endorph posted:

I'm.... pretty sure the pope's twitter handle is @pontifex. So whoever is running the real account may actually be the 2nd to last one begging them to stop.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

It isnt legally possible for the blame to be pushed from the company entity to an employee

right?

right???

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kru posted:

It isnt legally possible for the blame to be pushed from the company entity to an employee

right?

right???

that's what the drug factory used to tell me, outside of executives in really dire situations where warning letters were issued and ignored and etc.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kru posted:

right?

right???

Depends

For example under Sarbanes Oxley (lol), certain employees could expose themselves to personal liability . There is personal liability under the clean water act as well for certain reporting. Or there was the last time I looked at it

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lifting the corporate veil can happen but is rare.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
CISO, chief compliance officer, and chief legal officer are also roles where you are personally and legally responsible if you sign off on something that you know is not secure/legal etc. It's similar to CFO being personally charged and going to jail for cooking the books. It's not a role where you can YOLO some stupid stuff and just get a fine to the company. There's a reason they are not OK with a crazy billionaire egomaniac having the power of putting them in prison or into personal bankruptcy because he for sure doesn't care about them.

Having known a few CISOs they often quit on the spot if they're pressured by the CEO to sign off on something they're not comfortable with. No salary is worth the legal and personal risk.

This means Musk will try to pressure engineers or engineering managers into those roles without them knowing WTF they're signing off on. For example for GDPR regulations in Europe every company has to designate an employee to be the DPO (Data Protection Officer), who in Twitter's case was most likely their chief compliance officer. They're going to make some poor engineer sign the paperwork to be the new DPO and make them responsible for GDPR compliance and get dragged into European courts to explain the upcoming court cases.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

Oh you hadn't heard?

Massive Papal Schism overnight. They're up to 5 Anti-Popes, and climbing fast.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Rigel posted:

I'm.... pretty sure the pope's twitter handle is @pontifex. So whoever is running the real account may actually be the 2nd to last one begging them to stop.

Haha, I assumed it was all fakes but that one actually does look like the real account. The OP got banned though so I couldn't see the tweet any more to check.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

euphronius posted:

Depends

For example under Sarbanes Oxley (lol), certain employees could expose themselves to personal liability . There is personal liability under the clean water act as well for certain reporting. Or there was the last time I looked at it

yeah I think with a warning letter at my old plant the compliance officers and execs were now open to liability since the FDA concluded it was a systemic problem worthy of a warning letter (a warning letter is a last warning, it's when the FDA tells you they're planning on taking legal action against actors if the behavior and issue continues).

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 10, 2022

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Rad Russian posted:

CISO, chief compliance officer, and chief legal officer are also roles where you are personally and legally responsible if you sign off on something that you know is not secure/legal etc. It's similar to CFO being personally charged and going to jail for cooking the books. It's not a role where you can YOLO some stupid stuff and just get a fine to the company. There's a reason they are not OK with a crazy billionaire egomaniac having the power of putting them in prison or into personal bankruptcy because he for sure doesn't care about them.

Having known a few CISOs they often quit on the spot if they're pressured by the CEO to sign off on something they're not comfortable with. No salary is worth the legal and personal risk.

This means Musk will try to pressure engineers or engineering managers into those roles without them knowing WTF they're signing off on. For example for GDPR regulations in Europe every company has to designate an employee to be the DPO (who in Twitter's case was most likely their chief compliance officer). They're going to make some poor engineer sign the paperwork to be the new DPO who is responsible for GDPR compliance.

I assume the legal responsibility is part of your contract in the job offer though, right?

It shouldnt (lol) be possible to retroactively move liability onto an employee without it being written as so

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The liability is statutory

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

can anyone else just not connect to twitter right now

are the servers on fire

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

repiv posted:

can anyone else just not connect to twitter right now

are the servers on fire

No, Elon just hates you specifically

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Rigel posted:

This is reportedly the full message sent out to all Twitter employees by the (soon to be former) head of legal compliance on their way out the door.

I love the gently caress you energy here. 100% chance that this all spills out into court at some point so we might even get to read the emails that got them to type this

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

nevermind it fixed itself but there was a few minutes there where twitter specifically just wouldn't connect

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

My non-Musk owned giant three-letter mega-corp just had a town hall meeting where they exclaimed excitedly that "the past two years have been our most profitable ever [at least for our business unit] and that we have been the most agile and adaptive workforce in the industry." and then in the next breath told us that we need to return to the workplace for... reasons. Meanwhile I live no where near the rest of my team and will likely have to leave my job simply because I can't/won't plant my rear end in a cubicle three hours away from my home.

Love these boomer-brained middle-manager mindsets.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Endorph posted:

Not the first time in the church's history this question was asked! :v:

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

kru posted:

I assume the legal responsibility is part of your contract in the job offer though, right?

It shouldnt (lol) be possible to retroactively move liability onto an employee without it being written as so

They can "promote" you into the role or add that as an additional responsibility for your job description (with a small raise maybe) and ask you to sign all the paperwork necessary for you to take on the risks. It's not something that you can be forced into automatically against your will. If you're already in the role you can always quit immediately when coming across something unethical which should clear you of personal liability if it comes to court later. This is what the current employees in these roles did.

For example, I'm sure that Twitter cult girl will sign anything Musk asks. That's why the email linked earlier is warning engineers not to sign anything and not to take on the risks.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 10, 2022

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Endorph posted:

this is the funniest poo poo I have seen in a decade

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm going to die if the real live Pope used the "my brothers in Christ" meme intentionally

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

jfc thats pathetic

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PoStInG tHroUgH iT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019