Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'm picking the cat. The duck is a close second but there's way too many good new fighting mons to choose this gen already.

The croc just feels like it's trying to do too many things at once design wise, yea.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Fuecoco4lyfe imo.

Also definitely want to use

Oinklonge, Tinkaton, Klawf, Toedscruel, Baxcalibur and some of the Paradox mons

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
I stopped looking at leaks because I want to still be surprised by some things, but do we have an updated list of version exclusives? Thanks!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nessa posted:

As much as I appreciate Skeledirge being quadruped, I may end up picking the grass starter for the 5th time in a row. It’s pretty hard to choose though. I just wish Skeledirge was more skeletony and less boxy, closer to Alolan Marowak and Krookodile in feel.

Same. I was all for Fuecoco, but it looks like Meowscarada is looking straight-up busted as of now. Rillaboom may well have been dethroned as the strongest Grass starter.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 10, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Track 17 goes way harder than it has any right to

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Countblanc posted:

It was tested and confirmed unchanged

Oh okay, so my favorite pokemon Incineroar is still the best.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Wile E. Toyota posted:

I stopped looking at leaks because I want to still be surprised by some things, but do we have an updated list of version exclusives? Thanks!

Not yet, no.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
After seeing these leaks I'm pretty sure I need to make a new team for each story just to get close to using all these awesome new mons.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Elblanco posted:

After seeing these leaks I'm pretty sure I need to make a new team for each story just to get close to using all these awesome new mons.

This would be really fun if it were easy to clearly divide them. Maybe the titans+star story could be a separate set.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
goddamn this soundtrack is good

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Idk if it's been discussed yet, but there's a huge stall nerf: recovery moves like Roost, Recover, and Soft-boiled only have 8 PP max.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Update about a certain freak pokemon that leaked

finizen the dolphins hosed up evolution is a form it takes when it switches out in battle. normally it still looks like the dolphin but with a pink heart on it? once it switches back in after switching out Zero to Hero form activates turning it into the super hero version

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Goons, prepare yourselves. That pokemon with the suspicious "two segment form" label under their name? They do, in fact, have another form. Here it is.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Goons, prepare yourselves. That pokemon with the suspicious "two segment form" label under their name? They do, in fact, have another form. Here it is.

Is that Dundunsparce or does it have a third evolution (and if the latter do we have a name for it yet)?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Geostomp posted:

Same. I was all for Fuecoco, but it looks like Meowscarada is looking straight-up busted as of now. Rillaboom may well have been dethroned as the strongest Grass starter.

Not anymore. Protean has been nerfed to only activate once per switch-in, meaning you're locked into whatever type you chose until you switch it out and in again. Still a good ability, but killing the versatility it brings really makes it no longer the broken ability it once was.

Between the duck's Moxie and its signature move raising its speed every time it gets used, it might end up the strongest overall, though Unaware Skeledirge with good defenses won't be awful by any stretch.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Man, Gamefreak or Nintendo or WHOEVER is in charge of putting out official content prerelease has no idea how to market these games.

A lot of these mons should have been shown WAY sooner.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i just realized the worm is tiny. i thought it was like onix sized

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Man, Gamefreak or Nintendo or WHOEVER is in charge of putting out official content prerelease has no idea how to market these games.

The leaking is the marketing these days. It's been this way for years now. Not sure if they actually take that into account though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

pospysyl posted:

Idk if it's been discussed yet, but there's a huge stall nerf: recovery moves like Roost, Recover, and Soft-boiled only have 8 PP max.

Suck it Blissey

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Crystal Nuzlocke Update 5

Just finished the Bug Catching Contest and am gearing up to fight Whitney.

Was hoping to snag this one, I wanted a beefy bug and couldn’t remember where heracross shows up.

Seems pretty terrible so far.

Atrocious stats and the move pool is dire. Probably dropping ASAP. I need a rock or ground type and got a sandshrew in union cave that I might slot in.

Sticking with growlithe for now but its defensive bulk is causing some concerns. I don’t have a fire stone yet regardless so no real rush on evolution yet but I know it won’t learn extremespeed until it evolves either way.

Appreciating bayleef more since I finally finished with its dopey first stage. It’s fine I guess?

Really need you to evolve homey!

I’m fully prepared to sacrifice zubat to the rollout nightmare but would prefer to keep it alive for future flexibility obviously. We’ll see how it goes I guess

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

The leaking is the marketing these days. It's been this way for years now. Not sure if they actually take that into account though.

I don't think they do, since they keep ordering lawyers to try and take the stuff down, which is weird because it's all stuff that will make people want to buy their games.

They've just been getting stingier and stingier with showing off Pokemon designs before games are released even though "Hey! If you play our game you get to go on an adventure with a cool monster like THIS!" should be a huge selling point.

Notty
Jun 4, 2010

I don't think they do, since they keep ordering lawyers to try and take the stuff down, which is weird because it's all stuff that will make people want to buy their games.

They've just been getting stingier and stingier with showing off Pokemon designs before games are released even though "Hey! If you play our game you get to go on an adventure with a cool monster like THIS!" should be a huge selling point.

I mean, there is a reason leaks turn the thread into a CIA document.

There are a lot of people who want to go in blind and discover things in game for themselves.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Notty posted:

There are a lot of people who want to go in blind and discover things in game for themselves.

Well, I hate those people.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

I don't really get why. It's not some grand spoiler to know what your starter will evolve into before the game releases. It isn't even about trailers because the last one dropped the other day with only the pardox Donphans.

I get that Pokemon doesn't exactly have much story content to spoil, but them freaking out about even the slightest leak of individual Pokemon is ridiculous. It only results in fans getting harmed by media sites and barely slows any information.

They used to stagger reveals much better than this to build hype, but now they're acting like even the slightest bit of information being released before the game itself without their approval is some catastrophe. Easing up would be far easier and much better for both marketing and building goodwill with the people Gamefreak depends on to keep the game selling.

But this is Gamefreak whose approaches to marketing make about as much sense as their approach to game balance.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Notty posted:

I mean those people would be dodging trailers either way so why not show off a few more in a trailer

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Can't get over how gay the starters are. It is fuckin delightful. Going to be a hard choice!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean those people would be dodging trailers either way so why not show off a few more in a trailer

They just didn't want to see people on twitter being wrong about the dunsparce evo

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I might just be insane, but do the Pokémon this generation seem really Brazilian? I think it's because all of the starter final forms remind me of Carnival: you got masks, music, and a dancer.

Again, it might just be me projecting, I was convince that this gen was going to be set in Poke Brazil before it was revealed to be Poke Spain.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I might just be insane, but do the Pokémon this generation seem really Brazilian? I think it's because all of the starter final forms remind me of Carnival: you got masks, music, and a dancer.

Again, it might just be me projecting, I was convince that this gen was going to be set in Poke Brazil before it was revealed to be Poke Spain.

Considering Spain's history with colonization it's probably not a coincidence we have a lot of animals and themes from territories they once occupied/conquered. I mean Gimmighoul is a little on nose with that right there.

It's always interesting to note which countries were at one point empires and how their expansion into other countries effected their own homeland culture wise. I mean in Galar Copperajah is all but stated to be imported from Poke-India.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Leaving the new Pokemon a surprise for myself, but was curious if we knew if the Paradox ones have different typings for Past/Future vs their non-Paradox forms?

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

I get that feeling but expanded to more of Latin America. Skeledirge's facial patterns and typing may be based on the calaveras (ornamental skulls) you usually see associated with Dia de los Muertos, but that's from Mexican culture. Maybe Spain imported Dia de los Muertos but I didn't see anything in a quick search.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dungeon cousin posted:

I get that feeling but expanded to more of Latin America. Skeledirge's facial patterns and typing may be based on the calaveras (ornamental skulls) you usually see associated with Dia de los Muertos, but that's from Mexican culture. Maybe Spain imported Dia de los Muertos but I didn't see anything in a quick search.

Spain has not.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zet posted:

Leaving the new Pokemon a surprise for myself, but was curious if we knew if the Paradox ones have different typings for Past/Future vs their non-Paradox forms?

They do

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Story spoilers starting to trickle in and I called it to some extent final boss is indeed either Sada or Turo but an artificial version of themselves as the original dies before the game starts.They might in fact be the ones releasing the paradox pokemon in game.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
lol Sandy Shocks Paradox turning out to be a savage going by the leaked streams, glad I always liked Magneton

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

It wouldn't be the first time the series has mixed geography and cultures in their regions. We all remember the sun-worshipping civilization ruins in the great deserts of New Jersey, right?

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Perfect Potato posted:

lol Sandy Shocks Paradox turning out to be a savage going by the leaked streams, glad I always liked Magneton

Go on

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

My God the wave of salty bitches crying over the starter designs is loving delicious right now. "They're too gay!" "why do they look like that!?" Cope. Seethe.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Flopsy posted:

My God the wave of salty bitches crying over the starter designs is loving delicious right now. "They're too gay!" "why do they look like that!?" Cope. Seethe.

I'm mad at how gay they are too

They should be gayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Scholtz posted:

I'm mad at how gay they are too

They should be gayer

Reality may very well shatter if they cranked it any harder into rainbow gear my friend. Perhaps I'm merely an unenlightened rube bereft of vision but how much gayer could they possibly get?