Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I do NOT enjoy when Roger is front facing towards the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
both of his sides are good, it's the front that's the problem

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That episode alone nearly doubled the number of times we’ve seen Roger from that angle, it feels like

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Roger's lucky they didn't resort to evil Barry this time.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

TheFattestPat posted:

I thought they were going to go for some sort of "smart hulk" angle where Barry is still on his meds but delightfully mad. I agree though, Roger's lucky he didn't have to contend with Evil Barry, although I'd love to see that poo poo!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

TheFattestPat posted:

At least we got super swole Barry.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
An audiophile being a huge rush fan really is the sort of thing I should have like, knew existed but didn't.

My favorite joke was the car spinning around lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Especially first album Rush lmao

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

is that what Smith is saying now? Clerks was killed by the same thing that got it made, Disney was afraid of the negative press from Dogma so it arranged for a sale of the distribution rights to another company. Smith and Harvey Weinstein get a say about whether the sale goes through or not so they hardball Disney for a wad of cash and a tv show development deal. ABC has no vested interest in a show they're contractually obligated to make so they air two episodes, cancel the show and tell Smith to gently caress off.

There a youtube video where the announcer talks about that with a few smith clips edited in.

Kevin mostly talks about the answering machine message where he says "gently caress abc".

I tried to find the video again.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
new episode ruled so much. Need to rewatch it now

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

that episode was funny. could have been in one of the older seasons and wouldnt be out of place

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol that they got Jared Harris just for that. Also flashback Stan with an undercut was weird.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Literal :lol::lol::lol: at the girl scouts' faces morphing into Stan

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Huh, I totally expected that to be Roger.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
"Little Suzie Homemaker"? I guess Stan never knew about Carlotta Monterey. :shrug:

muscles like this! posted:

Huh, I totally expected that to be Roger.

I would have expected it to be a Reynolds Jaspertarian type situation if not for the limo.

How spoilery should I be making these posts? :ohdear:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

you're fine, this thread has a real talent for discussing things in a way so devoid of context that anyone who hasn't seen the new episode doesn't even realize there's a new episode. (is there a new episode?)

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
genuine lol at the brief parrot moment

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

shame on an IGA posted:

you're fine, this thread has a real talent for discussing things in a way so devoid of context that anyone who hasn't seen the new episode doesn't even realize there's a new episode. (is there a new episode?)

I suppose it's technically not new anymore.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Great episode.

-Opening titles bleeding into the plot
-“That’s a cat”
-“Did anyone get any meat?”
-Roger as a turkey
-Klaus dressed as Morpheus
-I also thought the car wash guy would be Roger
-Parrot in the robot
-Steve’s whole plot

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

This episode comes up as Season 17 Episode 17 for some reason on YouTubeTV.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I got a big laugh out of the lady shooting the Boston Dynamics Big Dog robot after it tipped over.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Eh I didnt really feel this one. The mall one was funnier. I guess going to the well of Stan and haley after haleylais just doesnt do it for me.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

I'm such a loving simpleton. Klaus' Morpheus costume had me rolling. Best TV writers in the business.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Really good episode, love how Steve's fantasy world keeps breaking down into mundane reality problems.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"Strangled By Girls"

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

The kid actors did a good job, too. They were able to get into the same rhythm as the adults, which is often hard with kids.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
My wife hates American Dad but she was cracking up as the girl scouts sang their vicious song to Haley

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I loved the little robot clapping along too.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Neeksy posted:

The kid actors did a good job, too. They were able to get into the same rhythm as the adults, which is often hard with kids.

Yeah, one thing that Seth MacFarlane shows do well is getting & directing really good kid actors.

Davros1 posted:

I loved the little robot clapping along too.

That tiny little robot was adorable :3:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Neeksy posted:

Yeah the kids were great. Tons of lols for me this episode. As a former Scout, I...

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yeah, one thing that Seth MacFarlane shows do well is getting & directing really good kid actors.

That tiny little robot was adorable :3:

That's something I like about American Dad: the voice direction is more often than not on point, whereas there are clearly shows that feel like there was nobody willing to ask for a 2nd take, or how to make them have any sense of rhythm with each other ala Duncanville.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Never forget this jock jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cpfgv_oZkQ

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
there's some fun lyrics and good singing (i'm not an expert on what makes singing better other than what it sounds like to me) in this one as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeNKuLjgVrI

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Can't you see I'm trying to enjoy this night with my jar!? :argh:

Man, those girls turned on Hayley so quickly.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Chris Knight posted:

Yeah the kids were great. Tons of lols for me this episode. As a former Scout, I...

Chris Knight was in the scouts?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

She did try to rob them.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
The whole robot competition was fantastic. The Olympics, a dog show, and Ms. America all in one. Just the fact that they build a giant spider robot to clean things.

"Are you manslaining to me?"

"Girls can't mansplain!"

"You just have a whole list of things girls can't do."

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

She did kinda betray them pretty hard, and she was going to have them make pillows instead of a cool robot.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'm like, eight years old you sick gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Neeksy posted:

That's something I like about American Dad: the voice direction is more often than not on point, whereas there are clearly shows that feel like there was nobody willing to ask for a 2nd take, or how to make them have any sense of rhythm with each other ala Duncanville.

Duncanville I never noticed anything that out of sorts but I liked the show from the get-go so I might have just omitted it. Family guy in particular has some lousy voice acting, especially mila kunis.