Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

therattle posted:

Ouch! Probably deserved.

One of these days we’ll meet up, and you can make as many dad jokes as you want, and I’ll cackle appreciatively. Text doesn’t quite get across the corny look that the perpetrator of dad jokes will always have on their face when they inflict one on the world. We’ll cook ridiculous amounts of food, drink way too much wine, and generally have a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

dino. posted:

One of these days we’ll meet up, and you can make as many dad jokes as you want, and I’ll cackle appreciatively. Text doesn’t quite get across the corny look that the perpetrator of dad jokes will always have on their face when they inflict one on the world. We’ll cook ridiculous amounts of food, drink way too much wine, and generally have a good time.

From your mouth to God’s ear!

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"
i just made breakfast burrito mix with chorizo for the first time (i usually make it with regular sausage) per the recommendation of my friend and i'm super interested to see how it tastes. i will report back in the morning.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I finally lived the dream and made an unholy fusion that's essentially Vietnamese (flavor) carnitas (prep). Browned the pork in the instant pot while a half and onion and some ginger charred on the gas burner, then deglazed with a blend of soy, fish sauce, and beef stock equaling slightly less than a cup with star anise corriander seeds, and a half a stick of cinnamon. Added the onion and ginger and let it go for about 40 min of pressure and 10 natural release. Shredded, broiled, and served bun bowl style. Insanely good pork even without marinating.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
That sounds phenomenal. Pretty much anything that involves fish sauce I’m here for, especially in non-traditional uses.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Quite A Tool posted:

That sounds phenomenal. Pretty much anything that involves fish sauce I’m here for, especially in non-traditional uses.

Pervert.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

barclayed posted:

i just made breakfast burrito mix with chorizo for the first time (i usually make it with regular sausage) per the recommendation of my friend and i'm super interested to see how it tastes. i will report back in the morning.

the chorizo was mm. stellar. added a good kind of uhhhh, kick to it? that i usually compensated for with salsa. never again.

w4ddl3d33
Sep 30, 2022

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD

Quite A Tool posted:

i haven't eaten fish in nearly a decade now so i'm not qualified to speak on fish sauce but this recipe always sounded so good to me: https://www.punchfork.com/recipe/Fish-Sauce-Caramel-Ice-Cream-Food52

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

w4ddl3d33 posted:

i haven't eaten fish in nearly a decade now so i'm not qualified to speak on fish sauce but this recipe always sounded so good to me: https://www.punchfork.com/recipe/Fish-Sauce-Caramel-Ice-Cream-Food52

I’ve had fish sauce ice cream and it was not fishy at all, just savory. Wonderful experience

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

barclayed posted:

the chorizo was mm. stellar. added a good kind of uhhhh, kick to it? that i usually compensated for with salsa. never again.

Chorizo is incredible. What's funny is that even the expensive Mexican chorizo is still pretty drat cheap - my preferred brands are something like $3.50 for 12 oz., which is easily enough for 3 breakfasts.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
What's a good non stick nowadays? I don't think I'll ever be able to have a gas range here without significant expense, so really the only thing I could upgrade this generic rear end glass cooktop to is maybe induction unless I move. I've got some old ScanPans now but they're absolutely trashed from my wife's abuse.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Farking Bastage posted:

What's a good non stick nowadays? I don't think I'll ever be able to have a gas range here without significant expense, so really the only thing I could upgrade this generic rear end glass cooktop to is maybe induction unless I move. I've got some old ScanPans now but they're absolutely trashed from my wife's abuse.

I swear by this one

https://smile.amazon.com/Tramontina-80114-534DS-Professional-Restaurant/dp/B009HBKPD0/

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Sweet. Thanks dude.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Farking Bastage posted:

Could also look for ones without rivets, like this one.

I thought Tramontina made one but a quick search didn't turn anything up.

Edit: I would have sworn there was a goon suggested choice awhile back but I can't turn it up now.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 10, 2022

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Can concur, been a good pan

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Tramontinas are always at Costco too, if you have a membership

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=tramontina

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Tag yourself I'm Rollmops

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Most days I'm a fischfrikadelle, but sometimes I'm a peffermakrele.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Krabben :yeeclaw:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Seelachs-Ei sounds like an Argonian you’d meet on the docks at Riften

Hauki
May 11, 2010

bratroller

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Brathering. I like the way the tail sticks out.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Farking Bastage posted:

I have both Tramontina and Oxo nonstick pans and happen to prefer the Oxo ones due to the less sloped sides which gives more flat cooking surface. They're both solid, though.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

VelociBacon posted:

If you can’t handle me at my Räucherlachs, you don’t deserve me at my Bismarck-Krabben-Lachs

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

VelociBacon posted:

I want to put googly eyes on all of these.

Also rollmops are delicious, but I wouldn't put them in a bap.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

If you can’t handle me at my Räucherlachs, you don’t deserve me at my Bismarck-Krabben-Lachs

:golfclap:

I am sure a lot of those fillings are delicious but I am not sure that sticking all of them in rolls is the best idea.

w4ddl3d33
Sep 30, 2022

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
i'm sick, and i'm out of rice, so tonight i'm making bulgur wheat congee. i will keep you all updated on how this turns out.

w4ddl3d33
Sep 30, 2022

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
congee is good. it's always good. physically i am healed, and mentally i am ascended. served some sauteed pumpkin with it

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I want some wheatgee now.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Isn't Cream of Wheat pretty much that?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Isn't Cream of Wheat pretty much that?

Cream of Wheat is made from byproducts left over after milling flour, whereas congee and other porridges just involve cooking the grain in a lot more water than usual. It's a different thing (and delicious, I love Cream of Wheat).

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

No more naked boy on kewpie bottles in the US

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Searched my local farmers market and this popped up

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Must be heirlooms

w4ddl3d33
Sep 30, 2022

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
day two? three? of living off congee made from weird leftover grains in my cupboards - turns out easy cook rice works well! but it takes the same amount of time so i think i'll just stick to the regular stuff

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

BrianBoitano posted:

Searched my local farmers market and this popped up

Bet it makes a fancy bruschetta.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

w4ddl3d33 posted:

day two? three? of living off congee made from weird leftover grains in my cupboards - turns out easy cook rice works well! but it takes the same amount of time so i think i'll just stick to the regular stuff

I hope you start feeling better soon, although glad your grain experiments are going well

franco
Jan 3, 2003
I had a whinge about this in another thread, but I burned the poo poo out of my right hand and had to have a skin graft between thumb and index finger. It has had to be constantly dressed and re-dressed in heavy bandages. You can't get the dressings wet and you can't agitate the area or the graft might not "take". I'm right-handed so doing most things with only a left hand has been an arse. Can't even chop an onion. So I've been living off mainly ready meals and prepared stuff that I can eat with my stupid left.

Yesterday I was at the hospital again and it has finally 100% healed and I am allowed to do anything!

I NEVER WANT TO loving SEE OR EAT A READY MEAL EVER AGAIN.

Okay, that's a little unfair as some can be quite nice, but being able to cook again is such a relief.

Do not burn your hands, kids.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

franco posted:

I had a whinge about this in another thread, but I burned the poo poo out of my right hand and had to have a skin graft between thumb and index finger. It has had to be constantly dressed and re-dressed in heavy bandages. You can't get the dressings wet and you can't agitate the area or the graft might not "take". I'm right-handed so doing most things with only a left hand has been an arse. Can't even chop an onion. So I've been living off mainly ready meals and prepared stuff that I can eat with my stupid left.

Yesterday I was at the hospital again and it has finally 100% healed and I am allowed to do anything!

I NEVER WANT TO loving SEE OR EAT A READY MEAL EVER AGAIN.

Okay, that's a little unfair as some can be quite nice, but being able to cook again is such a relief.

Do not burn your hands, kids.

Ouch. That sounds painful and difficult. Glad it’s healed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

franco
Jan 3, 2003

therattle posted:

Ouch. That sounds painful and difficult. Glad it’s healed.

Cheers, man :)