Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

What are map games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's been a while since I've podcast gamed, I have found that even the most monotonous and repetitive game will make me focus on it and then i'm not really paying attention to what i'm listening to.

That's why i save podcasts for when I'm in control of a two-ton machine that could seriously hurt me or others if not operated competently

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Roller coaster tycoon 2, Vicky II, whatever farming sim I'm on rn

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
my favorite podcast games are either musou or 4x, but i haven't found a 4x that really grabbed me in quite a while

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I generally play FFXIV or some other game with menial tasks I can afford not to pay much attention too.

Though lately... I have to confess, I have come back to my guiltiest pleasure, that damned Town of Salem help im addicted to Mafia style games im losing control of my time

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Big Scary Owl posted:

Do you guys have a... podcast game? Like a game that you usually play while listening to a podcast? Mine used to be Project Zomboid but I got sick of it after playing it too much

genshin lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk how you can map game and listen to podcasts at the same time, even when im waiting for things to happen my powerful brain is calculating

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You have two whole lobes bro. One for podcast one for game, if you can't separate the tasks per love naturally just get yourself an icepick and go for the manual fix

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Path of Exile is the perfect podcast game

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Big Scary Owl posted:

Do you guys have a... podcast game? Like a game that you usually play while listening to a podcast? Mine used to be Project Zomboid but I got sick of it after playing it too much

FFXIV (for certain activities), stellaris, stardew

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't listen to podcasts, i never actually figured out how

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kerrzhe posted:

Same but good posting

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the secret to good posting is to always include the word "ligma" somewhere

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Big Scary Owl posted:

Hitman 3.

The game has a SHITLOAD of replayability so I often end up playing it again to clear through Featured Contracts while listening to podcasts. Also Freelancer mode is coming next year and based on the test beta I got to play in, it's going to eat up ALLLLLLLLL my free time.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
gamers sonic frontiers is rly good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Looper posted:

i have worked myself into unironically listening to this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDNwp3XLIr4

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I wish Hitman didn't have a weird enclaved progression system on the PC platforms. The whole trilogy is on Game Pass, but I own (and have partially completed) Hitman 1 and 2 on Steam, but if I go to Game Pass I not only have to start over, I also face the prospect of it eventually leaving Game Pass, and then if I want to keep my progression I have to buy the entire thing on the Microsoft Store. And Hitman 3 is still full price on Steam. :argh:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The hitmans 2016+ are some of my fave games ever but there's no denying the UX is a tragedy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hi games chat, as some of you who come to VG's stream know I'm in training to be a zookeeper. Well today the zoo I'm at had an incredible announcement and I was lucky enough to be there to see it in person:

https://twitter.com/SyracuseZoo/status/1590812794781310977?cxt=HHwWgoCxkd7z2ZMsAAAA

Baby elephant twins are incredibly rare, and having them both survive is even rarer. They are so ridiculously cute I love them.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mammals rule

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Mammals rule

Yes they do

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
im a big fan of arthropods, personally

mammals are in third place, below birds but above reptiles

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

big shout out to amphibians

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Amphibians can’t even decide if they’re a fish or a lizard. They really need to get it together

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dogs should be able to vote

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Kerrzhe posted:

I use my ears I'd try starting there

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm one of those weirdos who can't actually listen to podcasts if i'm not doing something at the same time, so you should give that a shot if you've struggled trying to listen to them before

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
every time I've tried to listen to something while doing anything else, I end up finding that I absorbed absolutely nothing of what I'm listening to

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Podcasts are for cleaning the house

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

every time I've tried to listen to something while doing anything else, I end up finding that I absorbed absolutely nothing of what I'm listening to

that's why you only listen to comedy podcasts or other easy listening

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's been a while since I've podcast gamed, I have found that even the most monotonous and repetitive game will make me focus on it and then i'm not really paying attention to what i'm listening to.

That's why i save podcasts for when I'm in control of a two-ton machine that could seriously hurt me or others if not operated competently

I drive a cargo van 8 hours a day and this is correct.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Regy Rusty posted:

Baby elephant twins are incredibly rare, and having them both survive is even rarer. They are so ridiculously cute I love them.

BABBY EPEPHAL....BABBY ELPHGANT ....... BABBY ELPEH,......BABBY EPA......BABBY ELEPHANTS! :supaburn::hf::derp::hf::slick::hf::dance:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Looper posted:

Sounds like it’s uneven but is effective at making what’s unique about Sonic work well in an open world.

And the character writing is apparently pretty good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I see Heather also has the soul of the samurai

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vermain posted:

i'm one of those weirdos who can't actually listen to podcasts if i'm not doing something at the same time, so you should give that a shot if you've struggled trying to listen to them before

i don't know where to find podcasts is the thing

is there like.... a podcast website

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Sounds like it’s uneven but is effective at making what’s unique about Sonic work well in an open world.

And the character writing is apparently pretty good.

it's uneven in that it starts off good and gets, great to awesome to outstanding to AMAZING

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Kerrzhe posted:

i don't know where to find podcasts is the thing

is there like.... a podcast website

more of a shawarma situation, you shave them off of the beast

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
unless you are a great big sonic fan please do not buy frontiers until it's been patched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The last person to listen to when considering playing a Sonic game is a Sonic fan