Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Hopefully both sides can just declare peace victory and call it a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtb54Tw5usA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

hmm looks like the pro Russia accounts are twisting and turning to try and explain and rationalize this away the same way they squirmed and rationalized Kharkov, very sad that they can’t bring themselves to realize they’re led by an incompetent cretin.

also Geroman must be huffing serious paint if he thinks Zelensky will need to be evacuated, why? he’s given Ukraine a historic independence war from Russia and every liberal or Nazi in the west will be jerking off to his picture for years to come, zelensky is the western worlds Superman now.

one tweet from RWA stood out to me though:-

https://twitter.com/rwapodcast/status/1590787564528697344?s=46&t=6pv18phoEr-ZuYFG16CpWQ

which begs the question

IF YOU DONT WANT CASUALTIES TO THE POINT THAT LOSING THE WAR IS PREFERRED, WHY DID YOU loving START THE WAR IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

I have to say this act is a lot more boring than your constant flip flopping.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/asdj_l/status/1590828878939189248

:kstare:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

speng31b posted:

this would be seen as the cumulation of a massive series of fuckups that even most hardcore rashists are acknowledging and freaking out about, and putin has no further levers they can pull for escalation. it would be over.

Buddy, what thread have you been reading for the past 9 months?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1590729203485356034

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Buddy, what thread have you been reading for the past 9 months?

dont limit me

yeah that seems about right

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

People talk about Austria-Hungary being a brittle state but they had successive armies wiped out in Galicia, Serbia and Italy in debacles that would be funny if they weren't so tragic, and while it ultimately led to the dissolution of the Empire, it was not before turning the hard core of Austrians, Hungarians and slavs into the future SS, Arrow Cross and Ustaše*. In Italy, twelve Battles of the Isonzo created Fascism. The reaction to defeat after defeat is usually not "end the war in defeat and humiliation" but "victory will come through blood alone", the destruction of civil society as a weakening influence etc. The Russian Army that went back to Chechnya was not just different in tactics and operations, they were a lot more heavy handed because they believed that only their resolve and firepower would bring victory. There was no more handing out candy to kids or idling tanks waiting for instructions outside of city limits.

* "Pučki-ustaša" (German: Landsturm) was a military rank in the Imperial Croatian Home Guard (1868–1918). The same term was the name of Croatian third-class infantry regiments (German: Landsturm regiments) during World War I (1914–1918)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

CODChimera posted:

so i take it the Kherson retreat was not a trap? i know it sounds like cope but reddit were talking about it pretty heavily

Why would Ukrainians be coping? I mean besides not having electricity or water.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
theyre calling it the kherson faint

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

Why would Ukrainians be coping? I mean besides not having electricity or water.

cope from me trying to explain Russias latest loss. because i love them

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

NAFO are some of the dumbest, most bloodthirsty morons I've ever encountered, and I used to live in DC.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

CODChimera posted:

cope from me trying to explain Russias latest loss. because i love them

ah, carry on then.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don't know what the gently caress's going on with Putin though because people are not going to think he's a shrewd diplomat working angles in Istanbul and Riyadh (allegedly), they're going to think he's another Yeltsin and cast about for a blood and iron guy who will make an example out of Ukraine.

Anwar Sadat became a national hero for the efforts of the Egyptian Army in '73, and for negotiating, but his credibility for the latter was underwritten on the strength of the former.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Something that's pretty telling is the way Putin's name never seems to come up when a decision like this is made. Even though the Wagner guy and Kadyrov support it, meaning the directive obviously came down from Putin (and there's no way a decision that big wouldn't have anyway), the decision is presented as something decided by that general and Shoigu, so that if anyone has a problem with it they don't associate it with Putin. It's a pretty impressive level of rear end covering where the undisputed leader of the country gets to hide behind his subordinates whenever something bad happens.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

People talk about Austria-Hungary being a brittle state but they had successive armies wiped out in Galicia, Serbia and Italy in debacles that would be funny if they weren't so tragic, and while it ultimately led to the dissolution of the Empire, it was not before turning the hard core of Austrians, Hungarians and slavs into the future SS, Arrow Cross and Ustaše*. In Italy, twelve Battles of the Isonzo created Fascism. The reaction to defeat after defeat is usually not "end the war in defeat and humiliation" but "victory will come through blood alone", the destruction of civil society as a weakening influence etc. The Russian Army that went back to Chechnya was not just different in tactics and operations, they were a lot more heavy handed because they believed that only their resolve and firepower would bring victory. There was no more handing out candy to kids or idling tanks waiting for instructions outside of city limits.

* "Pučki-ustaša" (German: Landsturm) was a military rank in the Imperial Croatian Home Guard (1868–1918). The same term was the name of Croatian third-class infantry regiments (German: Landsturm regiments) during World War I (1914–1918)

this was my immediate thought as well, right after "lmao"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Also like blood thirsty Russian nationalists are happy that Ukraine keeps attacking. It means their government can't make a peace deal.

Once again Frosted Flake is right. Nationalists don't care how many times they lose, they can't admit defeat and want to fight until victory. You know endsieg and all that.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Calibanibal posted:

the question is, are these orc units Routed or Shattered

Anal Vored

speng31b
May 8, 2010

turn on your monitor

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/LvivTyler/status/1590778903383400448

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

turn on your monitor

NO!!!

That's how the Goatman gets you!!!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fantastic:

https://twitter.com/Nordicc99/status/1590780905580560384

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Prepared Traditionalist in Clownworld for geo political & crypto info. Prep, Invest, Survive fk the nwo🖕Everything you've bn told is lies. Shitposting Pure🩸

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

not that international law means anything but aren't soldiers obligated to accept surrender?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Majorian posted:

They died of excessive relaxation.

Born to chill

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

not that international law means anything but aren't soldiers obligated to accept surrender?

orcs cannot legally request surrender

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Росич | Rosich posted:

Prigozhin stated that there are many "unscrupulous" liberals and agents of the West among the business community in Russia, but "won't need to wait much longer":

"A huge number of unfinished agents of Khodorkovsky, foreign secret services, and liberals are among business (I emphasize business, to avoid litigation) and the Russian political elite. It won't be long before these liberals are "destroyed."
But besides them there are obvious agents of the West, people who should be tried for treason. And we can easily recognize them by their cheeky red faces with recently shaved moustaches."

@rosich_ru
(from t.me/rosich_ru/27419, via tgsa)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Did we talk about Nord Stream AG finally being officially allowed to inspect their exploded pipeline?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

sounds bad

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1590840060274147328

otoh

https://twitter.com/UKR_Report/status/1590845330509090816?s=20&t=1nK_oQbCwDwgjfwvrdjW7g

speng31b has issued a correction as of 00:24 on Nov 11, 2022

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

well yeah of course theres gonna be unconfirmed reports of that

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Anyways while you were all freaking about the massive Russian defeat the Russians are already over it. It's fine.

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45
I wonder if we are going to find out that this is a Ilovaisk style situation where one side thinks that there is a deal that lets them retreat and the other disagrees. It's going to be pretty wild if it turns out that Russia just announced it and assumed that Ukraine wouldn't be unsporting and shell the crap out of the crossings. The barge pontoon bridge has been repeatedly taken out by Ukrainian fire, so they are left with a handful of ferries that can hold 10-15 trucks at a time. Not sure what the status of the bridge at the Nova Kakhovka dam is, but apparently Ukraine was hitting it as of two hours ago so probably not good. I don't see how the retreat is going to work, especially as the recent Ukrainian advances are going to start putting a lot of the river length within range of Ukraine's conventional artillery. Are they going to do it Dunkirk style and throw every available boat at it and ditch everything that can't be carried by hand?

dk2m
May 6, 2009

quote:

Regarding the situation in Kherson:

1) Kherson is not surrounded.
2) There are NO sounds of motor boats and escapes and crossings of the Dnieper. Ukro channels are using old Geran videos from Krivoy Rog.
3) Arrivals on the Antonovsky bridge were real
4) ) There is no "Russian grouping of 20 thousand people" on the right bank (Shariy invented it)
5) There were no landings on the Kakhovskaya HPP
6) Artillery duels go both ways and our air defense works

Please don't panic! We pray for ours.

Russian TG is losing it

meanwhile on an azov channel

quote:

The first and the last time Putin's Orcs see Kherson
[English subtitles added!]

https://t.me/fortresskyiv/3701

the same azov linked channel is saying that troops are entering Kherson city but not sure if that’s true

dk2m has issued a correction as of 00:35 on Nov 11, 2022

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah that's not great. I'm glad I'm not there.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Yeah that's not great. I'm glad I'm not there.

dont doxx yourself

quote:

we can easily recognize them by their cheeky red faces with recently shaved moustaches

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
lmao my dad had a 70s mustache until like 2000 and that was enough to make me resolve to never, ever grow one.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i cannot wait for nafo to disappear into the ether with twitter

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Personally I am glad I am not in US, and that I am white.

I think there's a good chance I would've been dead or my life would have been ruined sometime in the past 2 years if those things were not true.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lostconfused posted:

Personally I am glad I am not in US, and that I am white.

I think there's a good chance I would've been dead or my life would have been ruined sometime in the past 2 years if those things were not true.

You sound like the Canadian yospos guy who is 100% sure he is going to get shot if he even steps foot in this country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

dk2m posted:

Russian TG is losing it

meanwhile on an azov channel

https://t.me/fortresskyiv/3701

the same azov linked channel is saying that troops are entering Kherson city but not sure if that’s true

oh wow, that river is huge. how did Russia even take Kherson in the first place?