Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Maybe aoc should try to take over the NY dems instead of bitching about twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

What's he down to by now? nate plastic?

Nate Hydrogen

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I just realized the US has a very progressive policy where the urban bourgeois elite have their votes count at a reduced rate to the proletarian countryside

for example the dems got 51% of the vote in WI local elections but they will be a substantially minority party with like 30% representation b/c all the votes were from the wealthier wisconsin cities

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Antonymous posted:

I just realized the US has a very progressive policy where the urban bourgeois elite have their votes count at a reduced rate to the proletarian countryside

for example the dems got 51% of the vote in WI local elections but they will be a substantially minority party with like 30% representation b/c all the votes were from the wealthier wisconsin cities

America's progressive voting laws will make sure that the party of racists and the KKK, the Democrats, will continue to be suppressed in favor of the party of the salt of the earth working class.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
If I ever meet Nate Silver in person, I'm not going to introduce myself at all. I'm just going to say

"Nate, yer cabbage."

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

It's almost time for the Democrats to poo poo the bed on the one issue that kept them from being completely destroyed, abortion, while inventing excuses that persuade nobody.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Have an older family member who was at one point a semi-prominent member of the Minnesota state GOP/legislature. (Of the sort who disliked Trump but voted for him anyway because he's a gently caress-my-morals, follow-the-hive party man - those are the instincts that GET you a career with the Republicans to begin with).

Apparently despite the Democratic spending advantage, internal polling for both the Democrats and Republicans had the Republicans ahead in Minnesota and set to take the state House as well. Then Trump swooped in and made some endorsements, hoping to sail the crest of a wave and seize momentum for his re-election bid.

He admits that you can never really know with this stuff, but he's convinced this cost them the suburbs. I don't know either, but it'd be very funny if it did.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I choose to believe that explanation because it will very probably mean Trump's meddling accelerated full legal weed in MN by narrowly giving dems the legislature and I find that funny

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Private Cumshoe posted:

I choose to believe that explanation because it will very probably mean Trump's meddling accelerated full legal weed in MN by narrowly giving dems the legislature and I find that funny

I feel the truth of it is less important than the fact that it's being articulated at all. The knives might be out for Trump. We're even starting to see it from chuds like Cernovich, not just the suit-wearing, Jeb!-voting party drones who'd never act on it anyway.

Most importantly, I will be high as gently caress as I watch these developments unfold.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Boebert gonna win lmao

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Private Cumshoe posted:

it seems like that’d require you to be really tuned in to politics for that one. I’d as easily believe everyone thought the Jensen carjacking ad was really loving stupid

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Minnesotans thought everything about Scott Jensen was pretty loving stupid that's why he ate poo poo so hard

And it was not from a litter box

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

maruhkati posted:

The knives might be out for Trump. We're even starting to see it from chuds like Cernovich, not just the suit-wearing, Jeb!-voting party drones who'd never act on it anyway.

this won't matter at all until the average Trump supporter stops believing in their meme god king

Cernovich-tier grifters have no more influence on that base's Trump allegiance than a Fox News talking head

half of those people already tried to be anti-Trump when this all began, before completely relenting when it was obvious which way the wind was blowing

this all feels like just another round of people forgetting that the powers that be on the right cannot directly bully their own base in the same way Dems do

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah people have been predicting [insert event] will finally be the downfall of Trump pretty much since he tossed his hat into the ring for the 2016 primary so I'm not buying any narrative about how these (relatively) poor midterm results for the GOP are going to tank him.

With that said though, a significant amount of loser stink is definitely starting to build up around him, and while that's apparently the path to party superstardom if you're a Democrat it is more often than not a kiss of death in the GOP.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The right wing cannot abide loser, especially those that admit defeat.

Democrats, however, lovem.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

hobbesmaster posted:

it seems like that’d require you to be really tuned in to politics for that one. I’d as easily believe everyone thought the Jensen carjacking ad was really loving stupid

It's kinda odd, I thought that poo poo was gonna work, as transparent and gross as it was.

The337th posted:

this won't matter at all until the average Trump supporter stops believing in their meme god king

Cernovich-tier grifters have no more influence on that base's Trump allegiance than a Fox News talking head

half of those people already tried to be anti-Trump when this all began, before completely relenting when it was obvious which way the wind was blowing

this all feels like just another round of people forgetting that the powers that be on the right cannot directly bully their own base in the same way Dems do

Sure, but much like Trump, their opinions are influenced by whatever they just saw on TV. If the tenor of coverage goes from "oh no, I'm a media elite and I'm soooo scared of Trump" to "ha, look at this fuckin' loser, anyway here's a story about drag shows" it'll affect the way they view him.

He's a creature of media - it's what wins him his support, and if he loses it that'll be what loses it. I will concede that's a BIG if, and I'll believe it when I see the body dead and cold in the ground long enough for me to piss on it.

That being said, DeSantis would absolutely get destroyed in a debate with him. Not by any actual arguments or even memeable dunk lines, but by the simple fact that he comes off like a dweeb on TV.

maruhkati has issued a correction as of 01:06 on Nov 11, 2022

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The republican legislators can hate being tied to trump all they want, the base still thinks he's the second coming of christ. when the churches in ohio take down their GOD BLESS TRUMP signs, only then does he get loser stink on him

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I do not fear getting shot in new york city

if that makes me some kind of whatever you're arguing then so loving be it

I was in NYC for just 4 years in college and was shot 7 times (and I was lucky; most people I knew were shot even more than that). So I'm calling bullshit on this, unless you just happen to be the luckiest (or bravest) man alive.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I was in NYC for just 4 years in college and was shot 7 times (and I was lucky; most people I knew were shot even more than that). So I'm calling bullshit on this, unless you just happen to be the luckiest (or bravest) man alive.

bullets georg, who was shot over 11,000 times, is an outlier and should not have been counted

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Halloween Jack posted:

As a pundit, he has precisely the views you'd expect from someone who thinks politics is a struggle between competing spreadsheets.

he’s not wrong on that front, though

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Nate Hydrogen

nate mass of inert neutrons

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Has a nice ring to it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Nate Void. Nate Space. Nate Vacuum.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

nate shitter :smug:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Nate Hydrogen

Hey now, hydrogen is actually useful and reliable. Nate False Vacuum Decay might be better.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Nate Anti-matter

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

nate phlogiston

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1590952246568972288

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

nate q-ball

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

can't believe they didn't go for frens

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
why is the D voter an astronaut

like isn't that something that most people uniformly agree is cool, couldn't they have simply not pointed that out

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Mark Kelly was an astronaut before being a senstor

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they should have just aired the upright citizens brigade episode about astronauts as their campaign commercial

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Real hurthling! posted:

they should have just aired the upright citizens brigade episode about astronauts as their campaign commercial

a lost UCB episode where they interfere in the election and the end credits on-the-street sketch is them canvassing for Donald Trump to be President seems plausible

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Tibalt posted:

Mark Kelly was an astronaut before being a senstor

So was John Glenn seems like a combo that can win elections.

seaborgium has issued a correction as of 19:27 on Nov 11, 2022

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

seaborgium posted:

So was John Glenn seems like a combo that can win elections.

Apollo 17 astronaut Jack Schmitt too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Schmitt?wprov=sfti1

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Senator William Shatner! Wow!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

president Jeff bezos

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

get the astronaut woman who drove across the country nonstop wearing astronaut diapers to attack her astronaut ex's new girlfriend and make her run for senator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shear Modulus posted:

get the astronaut woman who drove across the country nonstop wearing astronaut diapers to attack her astronaut ex's new girlfriend and make her run for senator
is she different from the astronaut woman who logged into her ex's bank account and commited space wire fraud