Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zore posted:

The big change seems to be that Hail is replaced with Snow which gives Ice types bonus Def/Sp.Def and doesn't do the damage per turn like Hail

What about abilities effected by hail like snow cloak? Or does that transfer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Flopsy posted:

What about abilities effected by hail like snow cloak? Or does that transfer?

Should transfer, some of the new mons have Slush Rush

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Eimi posted:

I want my monsters in my monster fighting game to be either kaiju or tokusatsu creatures. It's not that they're gay it's that they became disturbingly humanoid. I hate every time that happens and it just makes the vibes bad. Fuecoco's final form is at least a monster but I hate that it looks made out of lego, but that's a bad quality leaked image instead of in game, maybe it's textures/color palate work better.

The wacky dancing bird could totally be an average monster of the week, or even a villain lieutenant tbh. Realizing I may be talking myself more into using it at this very moment.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
Saw this picture of shiny(?) fighting Tauros and I think the model looks pretty good. The hair has texture. A nice improvement over SwSh's models.

Wile E. Toyota fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 11, 2022

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Sure:

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I guess Heracross and Buzzwole are interchangeable lol

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Animation of Iron Valiant is now available. https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/ys1qj1/footage_of_iron_valiant_paradox_form_of/

I like em' but goddamn was making every futuristic pokemon into a robot necessary?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Flopsy posted:

I like em' but goddamn was making every futuristic pokemon into a robot necessary?

Yes.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

:hmmyes:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I just wish they all didn't look like they were designed by Dr. Robotnik

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s kinda lame/silly that they’re all like cyborgs or whatever but maybe it’ll end up being the case that they’re from a dystopian future where they all got robotted up to avoid going extinct since we don’t have the dex entries yet.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
god I am so loving ready for annihilape

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

WarpDogs posted:

UGH THIS. I know it's 100% personal preference talking but the ancient designs slap so much harder for me? Like Roaring Moon is loving beautiful I can't wait to catch that thing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WarpDogs posted:

Those are some of the best ones.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Flopsy posted:

Animation of Iron Valiant is now available. https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/ys1qj1/footage_of_iron_valiant_paradox_form_of/

Pokémon should have stayed sprites.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I dont even like salamence that much but the new design is the clear winner of the paradox mons

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The winners are Magneton and Delibird.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Those are some of the best ones.

I'm not saying I hate the look! I just want more variety of future speculation. Give me aliens, holograms, cyberpunk, weird hexagonal shapes, whatever! Just something beyond smooth robot like Metal Sonic or Eve from WALL-E.

It is a little curious that (speculation spoilers) they all look similar and they all have the exact same prefix (Iron _____). It seems oddly deliberate, especially when comparisons to the Scarlet varieties are inevitable, and I wonder if it has any sort of story significance

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Got my poo poo utterly wrecked by Tusk so I went crawling back to Klawf, who gave me the ability to Run, which would've been nice to have five hours of gameplay ago

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WarpDogs posted:

I'm not saying I hate the look! I just want more variety of future speculation. Give me aliens, holograms, cyberpunk, weird hexagonal shapes, whatever! Just something beyond smooth robot like Metal Sonic or Eve from WALL-E.

It is a little curious that (speculation spoilers) they all look similar and they all have the exact same prefix (Iron _____). It seems oddly deliberate, especially when comparisons to the Scarlet varieties are inevitable, and I wonder if it has any sort of story significance

I agree but Delibird and Hariyama are clearly the ones most like Egg Robos and those two are cool.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Blockhouse posted:

You also fully customize your character from the jump instead of sticking with a basic look till you get to a barber
This is a good change :hmmyes:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Honestly, it's probably a good thing that the future stuff is so divisive. I don't like it at all, but that just means that I get Scarlett and can trade with my mate who loves that poo poo

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
I am having a huge amount of difficulty in picking between scarlet and violet, as I like the scarlet prof and some of the leaked stuff for that more, but the box legendary and aesthetic of violet almost entirely more. Is there wonder trade/global trade, etc, y'all reckon there'll be enough trade to get version exclusive legendaries or something?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The paradox monsters ability is weird. All past ones get a stat boost to their highest stat under sunny weather, future ones get a stat boost on electric terrain. Though you can also get the boost by making them hold a new item.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Avalerion posted:

The paradox monsters ability is weird. All past ones get a stat boost to their highest stat under sunny weather, future ones get a stat boost on electric terrain. Though you can also get the boost by making them hold a new item.

That's because the box legendaries have abilities that set those effects(along with an Attack/Special attack boost)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

any leaks about what the new abilities/moves are as well?

lol that Dachsbun's ability is named "Well-Baked Body"

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Do we have more info on which dragon you ride in which game? Or if you can switch between them once you've got both of them?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

any leaks about what the new abilities/moves are as well?

Here for abilities: https://pastebin.com/3C1dcAL8

Moves with descriptions but no numbers: https://pastebin.com/nmzpbZQP

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Avalerion posted:

Here for abilities: https://pastebin.com/3C1dcAL8

Moves with descriptions but no numbers: https://pastebin.com/nmzpbZQP

Cheers :tipshat:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Unironically waiting for a major news site to publish something about today's anime episode.

ForteanMan
Jun 3, 2020

Shneak posted:

Unironically waiting for a major news site to publish something about today's anime episode.

Joe from Serebii said he received a PR statement about the episode, so I imagine it's well within the realm of possibility. I remember Ash winning the Alola League stuff made it to big news orgs.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I also am not keen on the future cyborg aesthetic, but I think it'll feel less one note when it's just one or two of them mixed in your team, instead of browsing the list of paradoxes to compare.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ash Ketchum is world champion

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

Ash Ketchum is world champion

That’s two tournament wins in a row for him (which I think might be a first).

Still no news on a SV anime yet so it’s possible Journeys will just add Paldea to the mix like the original did with the Orange Islands and Johto. Either that or this show is the end of the anime (which I kind of doubt personally)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 11, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
anime
I still like Vs Kukui much better in overall animation and deffo from emotional beats, but this match ruled. Pikachu vs Charizard is way up there, and that two minute breathing spot was excellent.

anime production
Its been like a decade of "idk where they can take ash after this" but this time it's coupled with the oddity that the season will seemingly end on December 9, a month into SV's release. According to some folk in the trenches, OLM has been downsizing the pokemon production for hte last year now. The PR statement from TPCI includes "Ash's determination and perseverance to achieve his goal of becoming the world's top trainer over the course of 25 seasons [...]" and it's most likely covid, but it's still odd that no anime movies in two years now. I think we might not get an anime for a bit. I doubt we'd spend long without the forever anime, but maybe it's not gonna start until a few months from now.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Anime spoiler

Our boy done did it. :cry:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

carried by Mr. Fish :toot:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
YEEEEEAAAAHHHH ASH LET'S GOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
has there been any photos of how the professors alternate versions look when they go all anime villain?