Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
That field keeps making me think Allision's going to have lose her arm again when Genichiro shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Damnit i wanted to slide in here with this

Its too late for Zaid, hes become a....eurgh.....cultivator

I have no loving clue what cultivation actually requires besides pills, meditation, and some nightmare celestial bureaucracy to navigate. But if watching someone play about an hour of amazing cultivation simulator with multiple excel spreadsheets open has taught me anything the actual term for cultivators are masochists. Zaid has chosen a hard life but I hope his sense of Feng Sui is on point.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
So we've either got a textbook case of medical malpractice, or that's a shard of Cio's mask.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It is odd Alison's presumably magic/meridian sensitive medical servicing didn't address that if it was there the whole time. Maybe it only congealed into a solid form right now.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
cio been a part of her since they got together.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Just now realizing I misinterpreted "it's not even the one I lost" to mean "it's not even the arm that I lost, it's one that replaced it". So I thought she was experiencing phantom pain from within her current arm from the original arm, that she lost.

But no, it's literally just not the arm she lost. She lost her right arm. The pain was in her left. Sure did overthink that one.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
It's really funny how Zaid puts his mask back on as soon as he starts sword-skating away. it's like... come on, Zaid, this isn't freaking Gotham City. Literally not a single one of the people chasing you gives a single poo poo about your real identity, and if they were to learn it, it wouldn't disadvantage you in basically any way. And even if learning your identity would, in fact, convey the priests some sort of advantage over you, there'd still probably be no point concealing your face from them because their boss is literally omniscient!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

a computing pun posted:

It's really funny how Zaid puts his mask back on as soon as he starts sword-skating away. it's like... come on, Zaid, this isn't freaking Gotham City. Literally not a single one of the people chasing you gives a single poo poo about your real identity, and if they were to learn it, it wouldn't disadvantage you in basically any way. And even if learning your identity would, in fact, convey the priests some sort of advantage over you, there'd still probably be no point concealing your face from them because their boss is literally omniscient!

It's probably some kind of bullshit magic artifact that gives him x ray vision or something. Second sight, or whatever. Useful for navigating out of a wack rear end crystal prison

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Looking cool is magic

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Its his brand

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If you're not going to put on your coolkid mask as you kick flip onto your swordboard to make your exit, why even bother having a swordboard in the first place

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Throw the shard away, Allison. You've already chosen Breakfast.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Throw the shard away, Allison. You've already chosen Breakfast.

Counterpoint: Eat the shard like an after-meal mint.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the pacio one chip challenge

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

a computing pun posted:

It stops bugs smashing into his face

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Shoehead posted:

It stops bugs smashing into his face

But now if a bug gets in his exposed eye he's completely blind, it's a single point of failure!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

But now if a bug gets in his exposed eye he's completely blind, it's a single point of failure!

There’s a tiny little windscreen over the eye, obviously.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

the holy poopacy posted:

He uses the much less useful but still somewhat practical "Eye of John" technique which renders that one eye invulnerable to all damage.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I laughed out loud

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Brought To You By posted:

He uses the much less useful but still somewhat practical "Eye of John" technique which renders that one eye invulnerable to all damage.

The eye of john is a depraved and perverse technique, because it just leaks everywhere when overwhelmed with stimulus.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

ConfusedUs posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND EMPTY PALM SLAM A SWORD ONTO THE GROUND. IT IS A HIDEOUS TOOL AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, INCUBUS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKING WOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I FLY AROUND ON MY SWORDBOARD OR EVEN WHEN I SEPARATE MEN FROM THEIR GHOSTS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'VE MASTERED SWORD LAW. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO A SAD BARISTA AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE THAT SAD BARISTAS ARE KINDA HOT WHEN THEY'RE FREAKING OUT. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE ME AND MY STINKYBOY LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING KICKFLIPS EVERY MORNING.

This was really good and shamefully underrated

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The eye of john is a depraved and perverse technique, because it just leaks everywhere when overwhelmed with stimulus.

Fitting for the guy surfing a sword to shed anime tears.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fitting for the guy surfing a sword to shed anime tears.

It was a penis joke. :ssh:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It was a penis joke. :ssh:

Some men get poisoned by the sword. I get poisoned by anime.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Worked for Allison when she went through the pre KILL BOSS mooks!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Did she offer him the key? I dunno why she wouldn't if she's given up.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1591084799758073856?s=20&t=4zeY2ErjqKR_WvpoH6GrVw

Oh shiiiiitt

e: click trough for the second page

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

:stare:

was

anyone expecting this?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

was

anyone expecting this?

Even if Jadis was, doesn't mean it ain't gross

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Allison: Be free

No wait that's not what I meant :stare:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Oh hell yeah. That is fukkin' metal.

e: Also, she had her artificial limbs all along!

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Allison knows the only way you can truly break free of your mental prison is to cut your arm open from wrist to elbow.

Hmm.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh hell yeah. That is fukkin' metal.

e: Also, she had her artificial limbs all along!

Only one, surely.

If Allison's takeaway here is that having prosthetics is hiding from your loss, uhh... probably a step down from the depression.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kalli posted:

Even if Jadis was, doesn't mean it ain't gross

"My cooking's not THAT bad"

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Staltran posted:

Only one, surely.

If Allison's takeaway here is that having prosthetics is hiding from your loss, uhh... probably a step down from the depression.

She lost a leg too.

And it's not just about having prosthetics - she didn't remove the arm - it's having ones that are such perfect recreations of the original organ that you could believe you never lost it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Right. Allison's not saying she doesn't want to have a working prosthetic arm here. She's saying she won't lie to herself any longer about what it is so she can pretend that her trauma never happened. She wasn't healing, she was in frozen grief.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
that sorts out the eye

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

was

anyone expecting this?

Nope. I'd say this came out of left field but I think she made a right to get here.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Nope. I'd say this came out of left field but I think she made a right to get here.
No; Jadis made the right, Allison tore the fake skin off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
if Zaid is Zoss they can get matching robot arms :blessed: