Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Buttchocks posted:

I think I might work for a cult. The upper managers made us sit through a lecture this week about how it's totally worth it to make sacrifices and work 80/hr weeks in order to become a super-manager who makes lots of money for the company. Sounded a lot like what you'd hear in a church/MLM scam and set off a lot of red flags for me. Also apparently in order to get a position in upper management, you need to participate in something called The Path and buy a lot of shares. If our office has some sort of alter in the basement, I haven't found it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised. Gosh, now I feel like one of those Lovecraftian characters who investigates secret worshipers of some ancient Deep One and goes mad or turns into a fish.

This is bad juju goon, you might wanna bail on this bad boy

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Buttchocks posted:

I think I might work for a cult. The upper managers made us sit through a lecture this week about how it's totally worth it to make sacrifices and work 80/hr weeks in order to become a super-manager who makes lots of money for the company. Sounded a lot like what you'd hear in a church/MLM scam and set off a lot of red flags for me. Also apparently in order to get a position in upper management, you need to participate in something called The Path and buy a lot of shares. If our office has some sort of alter in the basement, I haven't found it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised. Gosh, now I feel like one of those Lovecraftian characters who investigates secret worshipers of some ancient Deep One and goes mad or turns into a fish.

just fuckin run. look for a new job on monday

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

more falafel please

forums poster

Buttchocks posted:

My guess is that "The Path" is some kind of management retreat scam thing, which probably does operate like an MLM. Regardless, 80 hour weeks are completely unacceptable, even if there's no management scam situation, run as far away as you possibly can from unpaid overtime being normalized, because that will never, ever get better.

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Finger Prince

I wouldn't quit a job just because of what Buttchonks is describing. I'd have got fired. The people that would inflict that don't strike me as the type with a sense of humour.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Finger Prince posted:

I wouldn't quit a job just because of what Buttchonks is describing. I'd have got fired. The people that would inflict that don't strike me as the type with a sense of humour.

Same, but, some people will stay thinking it gets better.

It absolutely does not. Don't be me, everyone, it gets so much worse!!!!

Finger Prince

One of the benefits to working for a massive soulless organization is you can pretty much just literally mind your own business and leave the corporate vision bs to the fine folk at HQ who need to come up with those things to justify their employment. It's useful to memorize some key words though, on the odd occasion when one of the suits visits and asks you how you're exemplifying *corpo catchphrase*.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Edward Fingerhands posted:

Same, but, some people will stay thinking it gets better.

It absolutely does not. Don't be me, everyone, it gets so much worse!!!!

Yeah, I kinda hosed myself over so quitting isn't a great option right now. Fortunately for me I have no ambition or delusions and don't give a poo poo about this company, and my lowly arse isn't doing anywhere near that much overtime. The sad part is seeing all the people who spend so much time at work that their children call the cat 'Dad' trying desperately to convince themselves they made the right decision in life. I would feel sympathy, but then I remember that cult victims often help perpetuate the system. I just wish our timesheets weren't bound in human skin and printed in a dead language.

Dukes Mayo Clinic

Buttchocks posted:

... I just wish our timesheets weren't bound in human skin and printed in a dead language.

A circle of salt around your desk may be advisable? I’d consult your employee handbook if it too isn’t alive and gibbering.

Finger Prince

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

A circle of salt around your desk may be advisable? I’d consult your employee handbook if it too isn’t alive and gibbering.

The employee handbook is literally a book made from human hands.
"I don't know why I expected differently, to be honest"

Finger Prince

Now now, they aren't all human hands, there are some monkey hands. For example, here in the appendix... oh no, that's just an actual appendix.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The monkey hands should not be directly referenced, lest another finger curl and hr gets ideas about "team building exercises."

more falafel please

forums poster

after a few weeks of 80 hour weeks you're effectively just drunk all the time. your brain isn't doing brain things normally anymore. you shouldn't be driving a car. human beings literally cannot do it. the people who "can" either aren't and are lying to you so you will, or are so hosed that they think they're doing ok, and they're not

please don't. i used to work at a company that would post a list of divorces that had happened over the course of a project, you know, for fun. it's physically bad for you. it is harming your body

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Chewbecca

more falafel please posted:

please don't. i used to work at a company that would post a list of divorces that had happened over the course of a project, you know, for fun. it's physically bad for you. it is harming your body

:dafuq:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

Sometimes I think I may have flamed out and sorta peaked in this industry already. It's like every place I work can't figure out motherfucking sales. I get it can be a tough nut to crack, but siccess in this industry is built on building relationships in the community.

Buttchocks

more falafel please posted:

wtf, did they list suicides too?

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Saturday shift :(

So I brought the Switch and some earbuds lol

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
if I work real hard for like half an hour I can possibly be home in time to catch a virtual concert of renaissance music

speedrun apple cinnamon scones, any%, begin: NOW

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA
HAHA

gently caress

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH NO

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Work's switching over to a different retirement system and it makes no sense to use the old one unless you've got many years into it already so bye bye to the few years I had built up lol

on the other hand, I should be getting a sweet check soon (of my own money, taxed again) just in time to really really really help with bills and rent

Chewbecca

A month in my new job and I am fairly certain I loving hate it lmao :w00t:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i did some meetings this morning and now i'm super tired, i just want to nap with the kitties (who are super tuckered out after their big adventure yesterday)

maybe it's time to make another pot of HOTBROWN

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.

Dr. Honked posted:

i did some meetings this morning and now i'm super tired, i just want to nap with the kitties (who are super tuckered out after their big adventure yesterday)

maybe it's time to make another pot of HOTBROWN

Could you tell us more about kitten adventures? I'd much rather read about that than do anything related to work.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

DaChurl posted:

Could you tell us more about kitten adventures? I'd much rather read about that than do anything related to work.

we got two kittens from the humane society yesterday!!!!!!!!
they are the cutest kittays ever

DaChurl

Dr. Honked posted:

Oh my god they're hugging this is beautiful I love them

Thank you for sharing these precious babies.

DaChurl

Oh yeah, my sister just got a kitten and sent me pictures!

Lemme see if I can figure out how to do this on the app.

DaChurl fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 15, 2022

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dr. Honked posted:

I'm going to need significant up to the minute updates about them oh my gently caress

DaChurl posted:

Per my previous post, this omg babies

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

DaChurl posted:

awww yeah!!!!!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

work last night was kinda rough, had to change three different residents bed dressing and garments cause they are old people who have moved beyond the scope of our care but the whole industry is a gently caress so

and then in the morning we got a call that the lady from care partners who comes to bath people had contracted covid, so i had to help a guy with his shower and i think he tried taking a dig at the fact that i was a man doing this sort of work, but then i told him about my other jobs and he started taking about mines and working underground, and i made him laugh a few times so i think he likes me.

i've been working consistently with the lady i don't like but i am pretty sure i am winning her over. she seems like one of those people who when they meet someone new need to have that persons integrity proved, or something? i don't know. i can be charming when i have to be and my plan of "improve this situation by making her fond of me" seems to be working, slowly and steadily. the crazy thing is if i can get her to the point where she likes me as a human then there's a pretty good chance that my opinion of her will be revised and all the grumpiness will be forgiven.

or she doubles down on being the mayor of bitch town, i dunno.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ass-penny

I'm going to kill someone today

Finger Prince

Good thing they installed that alert system! :v:

Finger Prince

Wrong person, but right joke.

Buttchocks

It's the annual food truck day! All 250 of you get a free meal coupon to use! [Yay!]
Unfortunately there's only one food truck this year. [Oh.]
And they will only be there between noon and 1. [Oh gently caress.]

Chewbecca

Buttchocks posted:

It's the annual food truck day! All 250 of you get a free meal coupon to use! [Yay!]
Unfortunately there's only one food truck this year. [Oh.]
And they will only be there between noon and 1. [Oh gently caress.]

Welp; that aint gonna work lol

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

I'm going to kill someone today

What happened goon?

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

What happened goon?

all of my coworkers are useless slags

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

:smith::hf::smith:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

rear end-penny posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCUiShY8-9I

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I had to show a very sick man around to pick out his own grave and it was very awkward

The part that sucks even more is he's gotta take a loan out to buy it.

Buttchocks

Sarah Cenia posted:

I had to show a very sick man around to pick out his own grave and it was very awkward

The part that sucks even more is he's gotta take a loan out to buy it.

Can they repossess a grave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i wonder if the graveyard loan people get haunted much