Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The thing about the whole government block not wanting to show up on SVT has me excited because I’m hoping they will all try and really dig into the alternative media sphere that is working for the American right, missing the tiny bit oh so significant detail that the American right don’t have to compete with a news organisation that is literally free and accessible to every living human in Sweden as long as they have the tv or phone to use it for, and to boot, a news organisation that has cemented its importance in the Swedish media for half a century :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

The thing about the whole government block not wanting to show up on SVT
go on....

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/svtholmberg/status/1589911563544432642?s=46&t=I898owD_s2tl7TWs0q37yg

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Pathetic

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

They're floating Jarlov as a leader item now. You can say a lot about the Conservatives, but at least they're gluttons for punishment.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/JohannesKlenell/status/1590697571638341632?s=20&t=5BnogWpueroxCcYfT4z4pA

Importen av amerikansk kulturkrigsfasoner fortsätter.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I never want to hear Swedes contest how unaffected they are by America. Like, can you not just make your own bigotry, you need to import it?

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

teen witch posted:

I never want to hear Swedes contest how unaffected they are by America. Like, can you not just make your own bigotry, you need to import it?

We've been slowly eroded by American-style brainrot for a long time so it's not unexpected.

SD being even having a chance is just a symptom of how badly we've allowed people to peddle xenophobic garbage and empty-headed ideas. (Also it doesn't help that a certain Russian President probably has a part of the blame for this as well considering what's happened in most of Europe)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

teen witch posted:

I have referred to sweden as "Nordens USA" for quite some time now.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

This is the one thing we didn't want to happen.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

I wish. If it was I’d be able to buy clothing that doesn’t make me want to die and be dead.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

This is the one thing we didn't want to happen.

Everything coming up Lars.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

His Divine Shadow posted:

Sadly it’s not USA enough so weed isn’t quasi legal and systembolaget still exists

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
We should legalize weed and sell it at systembolaget

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Everything coming up Lars.

Even after they secured the final mandate thanks to the Lars of Crises Past, and EL utterly prostrating themselves.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Kamrat posted:

No poo poo, I’d love that. More than happy to pay taxes on my vices AND have some information on what I’m purchasing and at what amounts

But that would mean we’d have to admit that the current drug policies don’t work and we can’t have that

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

teen witch posted:

No poo poo, I’d love that. More than happy to pay taxes on my vices AND have some information on what I’m purchasing and at what amounts

But that would mean we’d have to admit that the current drug policies don’t work and we can’t have that

They work perfectly well as a tool of oppression and class warfare.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Potrzebie posted:

They work perfectly well as a tool of oppression and class warfare.

Once again you gotta stop copping from the US

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

teen witch posted:

Once again you gotta stop copping from the US

In a sense, yeah, but as you identified earlier, there is a certain inertia around admitting wrong-doing in Swedish society, and all that skull-measuring around Uppsala university hasn't really had a reckoning, but in the end, who cares who taught eugenics to whom?

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

teen witch posted:

Yeah for sure, having some regulation while still making it legally available is a dream come true, knowing how strong something is is also and important factor for me, right now with it being illegal it's just a crapshoot.

I feel that the majority of people under 40 knows that weed is not dangerous, it's convincing the olds that is the hassle and that's why it's hard to legalize right now.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/regeringen-hojer-skatten-pa-alkohol-och-tobak-vid-arsskiftet

I need to check the tapes, what did the current right-wing parties say 6 months ago about raising taxes again?

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Kamrat posted:

I mean, yes, of course. Still, would such a thing happen in our lifetime? Personally I think it would start with Germany legalizing, then Denmark. If it was legal in Copenhagen it would pretty much be legal in the Malmö-region. I guess it theoretically could happen in the next… 60 years. Germany seems to be on the way so who knows.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Systembolaget is cool and good, actually

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
They would just need to find a way for the poor little old ladies at Systembolaget doing tasting and writing descriptions to do their their job without getting super baked 24/7.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Sweden is really weird about marijuana.

It's basically a slap on the wrist and a fine. If you have enough to get sentenced to prison, or you're a repeat offender, then all the focus is on rehabilitation and treatment etc.

But on the side of that, the system can also declare you unreliable. Which is one of the most dangerous things that could happen to a working adult in Sweden.

If I was caught with marijuana. Then the worst case scenario:

I'd lose my security clearance and get kicked out of the military

They'd suspend my driving licence, and I'd lose my civilian job that depends on driving. I couldn't get a new job because all my training and experience is based around jobs where you drive around and perform gauging work.

They'd basically ruin my entire life. And I'd probably never recover before reaching retirement age.

I don't take any recreation drugs or even drink alcohol. But I'm surprised at how the system could basically destroy me for something that is even legal in the USA (a lot of it, anyway).

I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of violent crime that me as a first time offender. The system would punish me less for.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Flying home to Toronto is weird with all the myriad storefronts selling consumables and weed, then back to stodgy Denmark where I dare not for fear of loving up immigration

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Obviously none of the conservative parties will ever support legalizing weed in Sweden.

S is a party that can never ever admit that they've been wrong, so admitting that half a century of "weed bad mmkay" propaganda was bullshit won't happen.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

kjersti stenseng might be the single least competent figure to achieve prominence in the entire history of the norwegian labour party

it may actually go the way of PASOK at this rate, it's amazing

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Kamrat posted:

Smakklockor but for strains, I’d love that. Hell I’d love that for wine here in the US, that’s the only part about bolaget I miss stateside

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

McCloud posted:

Systembolaget is cool and good, actually

Nah it sucks major rear end actually compared to wine stores here.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

luminalflux posted:

Nah it sucks major rear end actually compared to wine stores here.

Depends on the state you’re in, systemet is a step up or a step down

Though for selection, my god, systemet is a mess

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

teen witch posted:

Depends on the state you’re in, systemet is a step up or a step down

Though for selection, my god, systemet is a mess

My major experiences have been CA and NC - NC was not great, but at least they sold wine and beer in stores and they'd have a growler refill station at the upscale grocery store. I remember growing up in CT where they'd cover the beer coolers on sunday or something, idk if that's still a thing. And yes, systemet's selection is not great. Like I don't think they would ever go hard in the paint on natural wines from small BIPOC or queer vintners like places here do, and their rum selection is abysmal.

I also really enjoy the ability to grab a bottle of wine or a 4-pack of beer from the butcher/grocer if i've forgotten to bunkra upp kl 16 på fredag som alla andra, or that my corner store will be open if it's past 20:01 and and I have a hankering.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Alcohol being slightly inconvenient to obtain and making people get to another store for it is kind of systemets entire point tho. So that part I'm fine with. Reduces total consumption by up to 10-20% yada yada. Mean taxes increase that further etc.

No excuse for poor selection though, although one might view it as we get what we buy and what we deserve. The stuff on the shelves is what swedes enjoy in life, so mostly a thousand variants of cheap italian and spanish reds and another thousand types of lagers and ales, often locally produced at least. Anything else or exiting is systemet - usually in vain - trying to make other things get any traction at all.

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 12, 2022

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

idk about systembolaget but i will die for vinmonopolet

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Collateral Damage posted:

Obviously none of the conservative parties will ever support legalizing weed in Sweden.

S is a party that can never ever admit that they've been wrong, so admitting that half a century of "weed bad mmkay" propaganda was bullshit won't happen.

Inhaling plant smoke is still bad for you, but no one should go to jail or be fined for it imo.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Inhaling plant smoke is still bad for you, but no one should go to jail or be fined for it imo.

It's not more dangerous than a lot of things that are already legal, you also don't have to smoke it, it's possible to make edibles.

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 12, 2022

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The list of things that are bad for you is pretty long, like fireplaces and cars and sugar and surstrømming probably.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

BonHair posted:

The list of things that are bad for you is pretty long, like fireplaces and cars and sugar and surstrømming probably.

I am forever baffled they Östersjösill is legal to sell as food. It's basically hazardous waste made flesh and should absolutely not be eaten by anyone.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Within a certain category Systemet can be pretty hit or miss. Because of my background im most familiar with portuguese wine, and the reds systemet gets have been good and somewhat varied, lately systemet has picked up some great ones, and because of systemet being such a big single buyer the medium and high-price wines cost roughly the same to buy at systemet as it would have in Portugal. Portugese white wines though? Its nearly all vinho verde, although at least theres a good one among them (Alvarinho).

Thankfully i have a strong preference for reds, a mediocre red wine tastes better to me than the worlds best white wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
As a cocktail fan, systemet is a land of contrasts.

I do wish they’d have smaller bottles, or even nip sized! Like, why do I need to buy the 750ml if I don’t know if I’ll like it