Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Xalidur posted:

I love the mushroom battles. One of the best events this game has ever had.

I think it's fun too. I usually hate defending stuff but it hardly even matters, so far anyway, in this event so it's fine. It's neat to actually be on the field with them and having something to do instead of sitting back and guiding them from somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's more that canonized or regularly serviced ships will have content coming out that keeps that community growing with more to work with, as opposed to completely manufactured or forgotten ships where the community is doing almost all the lifting. I feel the latter takes more involvement and would more often become niche, so Chili still existing at the level it does is impressive.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Its Yae and she isnt immediately trolling or being overly self serving.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulteZYyWAA8

e: wait you can't just link the prozd shipping sketch anymore?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Defending stuff sucked significantly more on the 2nd run-round. Can't say I'm looking forward to the rest of that half.

More than that, I can't wait for this pokemon cup to just collapse on itself. They were being vaguely subtle about it, when it's just miko's little wink and nod, and various npcs questioning the business practices. But throwing cyno around every other cutscene's rather overdoing it, I think.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Layla's condition feels like a bit too much. Her life sounds like torture.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Being a grad student? Yeah.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

MoonCrab posted:

If we're doing hydro wishlists, I'd like a skill-based off-field applier. Kinda like Mona, but with low CD and long duration. And I guess some AoE, instead of, no AoE. Or an orbital like Shinobu's ring, but with better application. Having to burst/attack makes him unusable in certain weird teams like Sayu Spinball.

You just described Nilou. :v:

Her water aura doesn't do damage but it's AoE hydro application the same size as Shinobu's ring.

Kale
May 14, 2010

People really seem to hate Laylas English voice. Good thing I'll probably never hear it anyway

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You just described Nilou. :v:

Her water aura doesn't do damage but it's AoE hydro application the same size as Shinobu's ring.

...I mean, Barbara has been doing water aura for literal years

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
yeah but not like in a useful way since its cooldown is so long

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

oh geez i was not prepared for how sumeru ends I actually cried lmao

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I can respect the people who decided to ship Zhongli/Childe immediately and then just never stopped. I at least understand why that ship is popular and why Childe is popular.

Makes more sense than people actually liking Scaramouche.

Gacha 'experts' when you ask them about a ship with 0 'waifus' as an easy explanation

That said, I'm still trying to finish the Archon quest so if he doesn't show up during it I'll definitely be doing his so I can have some idea of what the gently caress his deal is now.

Nyoro posted:

oh geez i was not prepared for how sumeru ends I actually cried lmao

Yeah it was extremely well done but oh God my heart. I hope Fontaine isn't quite as bittersweet

haypliss posted:

It's more that canonized or regularly serviced ships will have content coming out that keeps that community growing with more to work with, as opposed to completely manufactured or forgotten ships where the community is doing almost all the lifting. I feel the latter takes more involvement and would more often become niche, so Chili still existing at the level it does is impressive.

That one artist carrying the Yelan/Shenhe ship on his back

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

Mooch's lineage of sadangry rudeboys stretches back to time immemorial. His popularity was always predictable, and inevitable :shobon:

i personally like scaramouche because he chuuni’d himself into an eva only to get stole on so hard by a baby that he’s suffering personality-altering brain damage by denting his head on the concrete

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah it was extremely well done but oh God my heart. I hope Fontaine isn't quite as bittersweet

Depends is they decide to go full Les Miserables or not. Storylines themed on justice set in fantasy 19th century Europe can really dark really fast. On the other hand Mihoyo will probably want to avoid anything too overtly political so maybe we'll just get Phoenix Wright shenanigans instead.

No Wave posted:

Layla's condition feels like a bit too much. Her life sounds like torture.

Sleep disorders suck, yes.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gotta say I dont really like how the traveler's responses these days tend to stop being two different things and usually just the same thing split across two choices

it's lazy

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Nyoro posted:

gotta say I dont really like how the traveler's responses these days tend to stop being two different things and usually just the same thing split across two choices

it's lazy

It somehow manages to feel worse than a "but thou must!" non-choice. Literally worst of both worlds of that and "your protagonist is their own person who you only get to cart between cutscenes and do things in battles".

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
The whole silent protagonist except not because they have their own distinct backstory and heavily implied (and sometimes outright stated) personality thing has always been exceedingly lazy.

It's the worst of both worlds and I wish they'd just stop doing it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the sumeru archon questline actually has the Traveller voicing a few lines now (cutscenes) and I liked that

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Excelzior posted:

the sumeru archon questline actually has the Traveller voicing a few lines now (cutscenes) and I liked that

At this point it's honestly offputting considering how rarely that happens. They could easily have that for most of the game but instead they just go with text prompts.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Excelzior posted:

That cutscene was a lot more emotional because Lumine actually talked to her and paimon wasn't there lol

I wish she just talked all the time...

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Excelzior posted:

I woulda liked it better if the only voiced lines were her shouting Nahida

as a reminder, when you finish Liyue, it's played for laughs

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nyoro posted:

That cutscene was a lot more emotional because Lumine actually talked to her and paimon wasn't there lol

I wish she just talked all the time...

Yeah...they hired Yuuki Aoi to voice a drat silent character, let her talk! Even if you just want to keep what the traveler says short and sweet like the prompts we have now, voice the prompts! The banter between her and Paimon in the voicelines can be really fun too, putting that into the actual quests instead of a boring menu would be so great. I don't get what they are doing with Lumine and I liked Byleth who as a silent protagonist has a lot of the same issues, but we just handled better.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

Yeah...they hired Yuuki Aoi to voice a drat silent character, let her talk! Even if you just want to keep what the traveler says short and sweet like the prompts we have now, voice the prompts! The banter between her and Paimon in the voicelines can be really fun too, putting that into the actual quests instead of a boring menu would be so great. I don't get what they are doing with Lumine and I liked Byleth who as a silent protagonist has a lot of the same issues, but we just handled better.
I'm willing to compromise. If they gave Tamura Yukari a second role, they can do the same for Yuuki Aoi. Just straight up steal her character from Symphogear. Geo or pyro catalyst, punch things like Heizou. She'd fit right in.

If they do that, I'll never complain about underusing Lumine ever again.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

After getting Nahida I continued to roll on Yoimiya's banner in hopes of getting lucky or getting more Noelle constellations. I just hit C6 on Noelle and got this Tighnari in 17 rolls who I didn't have before, so that's fine too!

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Oh poo poo, you can get SIX super easy crystalflies by running slightly north of the dendro cube waypoint then teleporting the one immediately west of it

Bless you mihoyo for this

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Hellioning posted:

Makes more sense than people actually liking Scaramouche.

Valve built an empire on peoples' thirst for hats.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, that's why they need to sell Hu Tao's fedora.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whats the optimal hat team

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whats the optimal hat team
My gut says Yanfei/Mona/Lisa/Dori, but I'd have to sim it.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I've been trying to make Sucrose work with Nahida, and I'm not getting the absurd power spike I was hoping for. Nahida's dendro is too strong, she keeps removing any hydro the enemies have. Quit drying out my enemies, Nahida.

Then I tried Sucrose with Tighnari, accidentally obliterated an abyss floor, then had to go back and figure out what I did that worked so well. If you have Tighnari shoot at a mess of hydro and electro, some good stuff happens. Right after that, a quick swirl can activate some hyperblooms and other reactions. Just go back and forth, shooting Tigh's charged shots and pressing a Sucrose button.

https://i.imgur.com/zyLuBix.mp4

The crowd control options and the strong healing from Kokomi makes team run very smoothly. Tighnari does a good job of keeping enemies in one place when Sucrose doesn't have her burst ready. The damage output is monstrous. Very good ease of slaughtering A++ would slaughter again.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

man everybody has kokomi except me

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kokomi has been secretly the clutch character in every team since you just stick her in there and you'll never die, and also get some free hydro reactions which are basically always good no matter your comp.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah she seems to be a not terrible Barbara.

Ah well. I'll just continue to chug food

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Boy, I'm so excited to blow all my pulls on Raiden, have nothing for Ayato, and continue to not have Kokomi. I love being thirsty for hydro other than Barbara and XQ until Hydro Archon releases in a year!!!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I guess it would make sense for the Hydro Archon to be a healer since the entire element was originally as the healer element, what with the Resonance and all.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It's the fat HP element now. There's no way it isn't gonna be something insane with HP scaling.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I was kind of assuming that they might have had at least a vague archetype in mind when they designed her. Also assuming they designed all the Archons when they were coming up with the countries.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Nyaawn posted:

Yeah she seems to be a not terrible Barbara.

Ah well. I'll just continue to chug food

Barbara is the not terrible Barbara!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Barbara is the not terrible Barbara!

My barbara probably still does better na damage than kokomi. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a jellyfish, which rather limits her flexibility. Still, c2 jean (for even faster attacks), raiden (for zapping), barabara, and maybe like qiqi or kaeya or xiangling (for a circle of protection from rude jerks keen on invading her personal space) makes for a pretty nice team.

Clarste posted:

I was kind of assuming that they might have had at least a vague archetype in mind when they designed her. Also assuming they designed all the Archons when they were coming up with the countries.

Aesthetically, sure. But it took them nearly 2 years for dendro to mean anything other than "lmao you're on extra fire now, eat poo poo" and "hiding slime." So mechanically I don't think they've really got much pinned down in broader strokes than "man throws stone spears at things, let's make some of his attacks a bit like that, but less world-rending."