Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Slab Bulkhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Half Man, Half Neck

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

I had so many random skins like the hat and things I bought forever ago and possibly deleted before they could be added to the account wardrobe/town clothes whatever. There's no way to get those back is there? It's all fat enough back to not show up in my gem store history.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Put that hat on my Asura because he's mech trash and now he looks like one of the beneficiaries of "Extra Life" himself. Meta level 5/7

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

So I've done Dragonstorm twice now. The first time I got an ascended chainsaw great sword, and the second I got this exotic focus with a lot of smoke and lightning particles, which sells for about 15 gold. Is it always this good?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

El Fideo posted:

So I've done Dragonstorm twice now. The first time I got an ascended chainsaw great sword, and the second I got this exotic focus with a lot of smoke and lightning particles, which sells for about 15 gold. Is it always this good?

no but in general its pretty good and worth doing

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Lonk posted:

poo poo, guess I'm buying more gems this month.

where please where where where

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I had so many random skins like the hat and things I bought forever ago and possibly deleted before they could be added to the account wardrobe/town clothes whatever. There's no way to get those back is there? It's all fat enough back to not show up in my gem store history.

mail support and ask them to check, they'll give it back for free

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'd really love that portal item thingy but the thought of doing multi episodes worth of meta events is not getting me excited to return to the game. I have mostly done nothing after finishing EoD, had no interest for return to season 1. I mean, there's gotta be some terribly tedious ones there? Wouldn't be meta other way.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

TeaJay posted:

I mean, there's gotta be some terribly tedious ones there?

Yes, all of season 1.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
For the most part, I felt as though the meta achievements weren't all that bad to complete. You're able to complete most of the story-based ones while playing through the first time, and even if you miss some they're pretty generous with where you're able to replay from.

The the non-story ones were pretty simple and limited in how much stuff you had to do. There's still mesmers trying to gank people in the Obsidian Sanctum though so watch out for that (or murder them because they're not actually that good)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Late Unpleasantness posted:

Yes, all of season 1.

I mean, I was there when we hammered down signposts, I never wanted to Return to it.

e: I did want the epaulets so I started doing the latest return bit. And there's SO MUCH TALKING my lord I did not even remember there being so much talking you can't even skip in S1 aaarrrggh

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 9, 2022

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah that was back when they thought instanced stories were going to be the big draw and not the super good public event system that still blows other games out of the water.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They still had some group stuff and events (the original Karka invasion :laffo:) but they somehow tried to make LS1 all about FOMO. Funny how it backfired in GW2 but I guess the game that doesn't have endlessly repeating gear treadmills is less suited for this than other MMOs and MP shooters that turn people into raving lunatics ready to spend all their time and money on "battle passes" or keep re-farming the same guns with bigger numbers for a decade.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d
Just wrapped up LS1. Not bad, better than I remember. Agreed about all the talking. There's a scene where Commander, Super Genius, connects the dots. It's structured like a 10 question multiple choice quiz, but the reward for each right answer is two minutes of dialogue.

Story instances still need some polish, like functional portals to escape the miasma/rescue instance early. I might have missed an obvious method.

The restructured boss fights are a huge improvement.

Old Lion's Arch is a joy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mmmmm do I spend the 10-15 G to make the eggnog hat?

It's so stupid, I probably won't use it but I also love it.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Actuarial Fables posted:

There's still mesmers trying to gank people in the Obsidian Sanctum though so watch out for that (or murder them because they're not actually that good)

Oh man one of the achievements involves Obsidian Sanctum? That's where I'd hang out at launch for small fights but its felt really dead for a while now. I had learned the JP pretty well and got good at counter-ganking, I actually really enjoyed it. So you say there are gankers in there again... :getin:

On a related note, always have stability/block/dodge when running up that small staircase after jumping out of the broken dome near the end. Gankers loved camping there with knockbacks and pushing people to their death.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Mmmmm do I spend the 10-15 G to make the eggnog hat?

It's so stupid, I probably won't use it but I also love it.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Here are the update preview notes for the upcoming patch:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/124132-november-29-balance-update-preview/

Big firebrand changes incoming.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Are they good changes? I just got all the hero points for my healer firebrand yesterday.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
All the Firebrand tomes now share page charges, so they're kind like thief initiative/rev energy now. It's a nerf overall, but mostly in that it forces Firebrands to pick and choose which tomes they want to use instead of being able to rotate through all of them.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

quote:

Our primary goal for thief in this update was to improve the usability of deadeye in PvE. Rifle has a lot of potential as a damage-dealing option, but the stationary nature of Kneel made it difficult to reach this potential in real gameplay situations. We're updating Kneel to allow for some movement at a reduced speed to give a bit more flexibility during encounters.

A positive PvE adjustment for Deadeye seems like a fine idea.

quote:

Kneel: Increased initiative cost from 1 to 2. While kneeling, players can now move at a 75% reduced speed. Kneel is no longer canceled when you become disabled.
Skirmisher's Shot: Reduced range from 1,500 to 1,200.
Three Round Burst: Reduced range from 1,500 to 1,200.
Death's Judgement: This skill now pierces foes not targeted by Deadeye's Mark. Damage dealt to unmarked enemies is reduced. Players can now move while using this skill. Reduced range from 1,500 to 1,200.

Umm.... did they really have to reduce the range of everything? Was the range a problem in PvE somewhere? Kneeling already seemed pretty situational in WvW (maybe PvP but I don't do that).

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Everyone knows a sniper rifle's effective range is much less than a bow and arrow.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Nice to see them rework ele scepter, and it actually sounds all right, but hope there's more to come with core traits/utilities

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

drat Dirty Ape posted:

A positive PvE adjustment for Deadeye seems like a fine idea.

Umm.... did they really have to reduce the range of everything? Was the range a problem in PvE somewhere? Kneeling already seemed pretty situational in WvW (maybe PvP but I don't do that).

gently caress, is that going to mess up pylon kiters?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It's like 'we want to make deadeye rifle better!' and then nerfing it more than they are helping it. The piercing thing to Death's Judgement seems ok... but I think in practice it won't matter much as in most of the open world content I do the crap would be dead from other classes instant AE before the deadeye could build up the charges anyway.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

tarbrush posted:

gently caress, is that going to mess up pylon kiters?

Nah, scourge has to make do with 900.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Everyone knows a sniper rifle's effective range is much less than a bow and arrow.

bullets move slower as they move through the air

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Meanwhile those sniper guys in Driftwood can hit you from like 10,000 meters or something. It's like every patch they have to put in something unfathomably stupid, I end up not playing for a while, and then they fix it months later.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Why do they have to keep messing up rifle specs? I'll never make the leap from ascended to legendary boatgun if they keep stomping on my dreams

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I really like boat gun.

But for some reason i went predator..... i cant remember why now either (and im almost at crafting the pre for pred.)

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That's such a lovely change, the only reason to use rifle Deadeye is the range, because the sustained damage sure wasn't there.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Is there any reason to use deadeye now? This really feels like a nerf even with being able to move

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

pointlessone posted:

Is there any reason to use deadeye now? This really feels like a nerf even with being able to move

P/P Deadeye will still be good.

I like the Firebrand changes. Hated the feeling like I had to rotate through tomes constantly.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Newbie question: if i buy the first 2 xpacs because i want to have mounts will i have one immediately or will i have to hit 80 and do some expansion content to get one? My free mount time is about to run out but I'm only level 45

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Hmm, i hear rumors you get the mount at lvl 10 now. so you might have the raptor.

Do the xpacs come with an 80 boost?

(used to just use that do the first part of PoF in order to open the raptor on all characters)

do my difinitive answer is.... no idea, let us know when you do it :O

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
You get the raptor at level 10 now, yes.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Cool thanks

It might come with an 80 boost but I'm not interested in using it, as I'd rather sort of organically learn how to play along the way instead of hitting max in a game I dont know at all and just following a build guide

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Yeah don't boost 80 on your first character, wait till you have a new class you might be interested in.

The boost has a trial period you can back out of using it, too, so you can explore multiple max level characters.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Oh that's really neat, thanks for the heads up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't believe they are making Power Reaper even better in PVE.

I'm already facerolling everything.