Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I also remember losing track of the comic around here, then re-discovering it later and catching up. It had to either be that the RSS feed changed/broke, or there was a long hiatus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Tree Bucket posted:

Is- is this gay? Is this what gay is? help

This is one of the purest forms of gay.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Our scientists call it Gay 2

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sherlock Holmes is a funny one since the stereotypical image got so played out that pretty much everyone puts a twist on it somehow- often by being more accurate to the original stories but in different ways. Nowadays of course the eccentric barely functional genius is in vogue so they play up Holmes' weirdness and have Watson be the sensible straight man trying to steer him.

The Great Ace Attorney of course takes a lot of liberties but funny thing is that they get Holmes' laugh right- sudden, loud and obnoxious.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Everyone knows everything about Sherlock Holmes and I'm sitting here like 'I watched The Great Mouse Detective when I was five'

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I prefer Herlock Sholmes, the legally distinct character created by the author of Arsene Lupin after AC Doyle got mad that Sherlock Holmes showed up in an Arsene Lupin book without permission

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

thetoughestbean posted:

I prefer Herlock Sholmes, the legally distinct character created by the author of Arsene Lupin after AC Doyle got mad that Sherlock Holmes showed up in an Arsene Lupin book without permission

Who then showed up a hundred years later in the 19th century Ace Attorney video game series spinoff, exclusively in the English release, for basically the exact same loving reason.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Dogg is always out gettin' his leech on, can't hardly stop him

p o u l t r y ; a marc coughlin restaurant

Swiss people consider patience a sin.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I don't know why but a fancy restaurant named "poultry;" is a detail that struck me as perfect.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ditocoaf posted:

I don't know why but a fancy restaurant named "poultry;" is a detail that struck me as perfect.

That seems pretty cutting edge for 2005, yeah

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

There was a Russian adaptation of Holmes back in the 80s that was pretty good, one of the reasons being that when people were astounded during Holmes deducing things, it was often Mrs. Hudson who provided the explanation as to how Holmes did it - it undermined the whole thing about Holmes being a super genius, just that he was observant and intuitive in addition to being pretty smart.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

the perfect comic to spearhead this batch

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Accurate. My experience from the moment my little brother was born until he turned like six

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Ditocoaf posted:

Not just "poultry", but "poultry;" :eng101:

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

No jury would convict.

The power of time off compels you!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Now there's a prayer I can get behind

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

I've always loved the line "Do you know who you are and why I am so mad at you?"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Best be taking notes, Mookie

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Mage fight

Summoning

Everything sure is noisy

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this last update, or the update before, but around this point is when Minna published Lovely People and announced that she had converted to Christianity. It’s still bizarre to me that someone could make a comic like this that’s so entwined with pagan spirituality and still decide to go all in on the Bible. From my understanding at least, it doesn’t really color the rest of what happens in the story, but I do wonder if Minna stopped caring as much about it. In any case, there’s only like 200 pages left so we’re getting quite close to the end. I was thinking of posting Kill Six Billion Demons afterward, albeit at maybe a slower pace since that comic’s not done yet but it is approaching the end

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joost and God exchange words mid-pose! Joost tries to send some heroin into God's body, but God freezes his arm again, blocking its transmission!

Read right to left:

e: he says it this way every time too I bet

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 18:17 on Nov 11, 2022

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

LAST TIME ON BACK

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A battle both physical and verbal and Abigail takes a pummeling both ways, that is like getting beat up twice as bad!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I like Crannie a lot. And drat she was completely dominating but she cracked a little right at the end there. Got too distracted by relationship issues, that's probably gonna be Abby's best opening right there.

source: @cheapo_comix

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Lion Man

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

i'd only ever seen a the same few lion man pages posted before in the past so i had no idea there was this much content

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

flavor.flv posted:

From the new DC Pride anthology, Finding Batman, written by Kevin Conroy

Bringing this one back today

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

07 - 12 - Consumed

Steppe - Into The Ring

07 - 13 - malB

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 13:41 on Nov 28, 2022

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Demon
Chapter 3.01

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

flavor.flv posted:

Bringing this one back today
ah poo poo, i just found out

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kit Walker posted:

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Mage fight

Summoning

Everything sure is noisy

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this last update, or the update before, but around this point is when Minna published Lovely People and announced that she had converted to Christianity. It’s still bizarre to me that someone could make a comic like this that’s so entwined with pagan spirituality and still decide to go all in on the Bible. From my understanding at least, it doesn’t really color the rest of what happens in the story, but I do wonder if Minna stopped caring as much about it. In any case, there’s only like 200 pages left so we’re getting quite close to the end. I was thinking of posting Kill Six Billion Demons afterward, albeit at maybe a slower pace since that comic’s not done yet but it is approaching the end

Yes, it's a very sudden jump from one to the other. At least it didn't affect the world-building that she has. Onni is just amazingly thick-headed, he's apparently a powerful mage, but doesn't seem to thing through the wiles that the kade will use to defend itself, such as calling every corrupt creature around. Also, lol at Slimer suddenly appearing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

tinaun posted:

The Secret Knots

perfect one and done

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

Now there's a prayer I can get behind

drat right. I'm about 4 weeks out from the end of the school year and by god after this year I need it bad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

just remembering this one.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

mhmm mhmm good crop tonight

lmao when this comic hits it hits

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I want to see some of the Pop Team Epic comics that didn't make the cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Cepelis leaps to attack God! God easily blocks the slow punch with his hand! Cepelis sends a blast of Heroin into God's arm! Cepelis and Joost are shocked as God reacts calmly, then flash-freezes his arm so quickly that the cold rips into Cepelis' arm and starts tearing it apart!

Read right to left:

The beginning of a glorious history of unimaginable damage suffered by Jojo's heroes

and usually just disappeared by the next issue