Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
His air conditioner, sheesh!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, that too. He's living like a king!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I loving love when people go crazy on Daily Doubles. Less competitive game today but still awesome. I am genuinely shocked that Mattea didn't make the final.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Superchamps' performance was wild this week.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There’s nothing you can do about insanity doubles like that.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Although he could do the big double because of his strength in the game. Even if the 16K got wiped out he only had to claw back $5k on a pretty full board to get back to first. It took forever for 2nd place to get on a roll and challenge him.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I'm happy to see an Andrew and Amy rematch in the final, with "Professor Steve Martin" as the unknown factor, because he is undefeated.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Thought I could finally catch up from Tuesday's preemption and they're preempting again to show my alma mater's football team lose a twenty-minute walk away :argh:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CPColin posted:

Thought I could finally catch up from Tuesday's preemption and they're preempting again to show my alma mater's football team lose a twenty-minute walk away :argh:

The full game is on J!'s youtube page
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8NrMKd1OHo

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I got that ep Wednesday because they shifted everything by a day, but the episode from yesterday that would have aired today got bumped for football. It'll either air Monday or I'll find it elsewhere.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh that's really obnoxious. There are various channels on youtube that less-than-legitimately host Jeopardy eps every day, not hard to find.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I really hope everybody gets at least one win and I will lose my mind if this goes 7 games

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

No disrespect to Amy but I'm glad it won't be a blowout for her.

Andrew isn't James level but he does have his guts on the Daily Doubles.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I'm glad that someone on the Jeopardy writing was a nerd of my ilk to give us the DuMont streaming category.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I'm glad that someone on the Jeopardy writing was a nerd of my ilk to give us the DuMont streaming category.

I actually got all of those.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Real proud of myself for guessing Nelson. Don't care if it's wrong.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Amazingly easy Daily Double (here's a pic of Kofi Annan, who is it?), amazingly hard Final.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
:lol: at Ken roasting Andrew for "the Sprockets look" and Andrew clearly having no idea what he was talking about

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

show good. assuming its the gameshow. wont read the thread however.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I'll take "weird first posts in a thread" for $800, Mayim

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No, this is about the other one

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
That Brian Laundrie getting eaten by alligators clue on Celeb Jeopardy sure was something.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I'm happy to see an Andrew and Amy rematch in the final, with "Professor Steve Martin" as the unknown factor, because he is undefeated.

But he sounds like Alan Alda, which is incredibly distracting.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Desperately curious WRT "Get That Cat Butt Out Of My Face"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

UltraShame posted:

Desperately curious WRT "Get That Cat Butt Out Of My Face"

I am here to fulfill your needs

It's good, y'all

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

:haw:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Thanks for putting Sam Buttrey in my face

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Calling it Best of 7 when it's really First to 3 Wins is annoying me much, much more than it should.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Well it seems last night's Final was very poorly written as Paul didn't actually write Hebrews, or something. People are PISSED.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

So easy to fix if they had just said "traditionally attributed to Paul"

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah that's kind of a shocking oversight. Even the most basic Bible scholarship includes that factoid, it's not even one of the controversial ones. It's the kind of fact that the least edgy pastor in the world would throw out there to sound smart. Should've just left it at "New Testament epistle" or something.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Even that would've been a little too much. I don't think any currently-distributed Bible or commentary would bother attributing it to him. It's more "assumed by a lot of people" I guess. This is different from the more controversial "Paul didn't actually write most of the epistles" theory, it's just literally never stated in the text.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I mean we can say that but they're all officially credited to Lennon/McCartney.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

1glitch0 posted:

Calling it Best of 7 when it's really First to 3 Wins is annoying me much, much more than it should.

The most games required among three entrants in a First to 3 Wins series is seven, so it seems appropriate? Or am I missing something.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Yes if you win 3 then you have mathematically won the best of 7 possible games. Every other competition uses the same terminology and it's fine

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
What if you keep playing and another player wins the remaining 4 games??? My brain is coming out my ears

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Oh i guess that does make sense. Fair enough

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That's what I was missing!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Every hockey fan knows a best-of-seven means you need four wins :colbert:

Anyway I can't take credit for it, someone in the contestants FB group dragged this out:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Hockey would be more interesting with three teams on the ice at once, let's do it!

Paulgate is increasingly hilarious, that's a great find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Oh i guess that does make sense. Fair enough

I think what they really want to avoid is 1) having a 3-3-1 tie at the end, and 2) a 3-2-2 (or whatever) where one player wins the match but another player wins the tournament in the same episode.

They should just call it first to three though