Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Spyro one is the best of the series, and an important precursor to the Souls like genre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

is this the fastest you've thrown a game out

I think so but this game was literally broken. When I got into the tutorial Spyro couldn't attack, later he just started blocking whenever I moved. Also you're tethered to your co-op buddy but the computer AI is broken and can't platform for poo poo. Also the platforming controls and collision detection are shockingly bad. I suffered through a tutorial boss, a timed platforming section and got to a giant room full of columns to climb which was an absolute nightmare to navigate, made it all the way to the top and promptly fell off and went gently caress that not doing that again

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rarity posted:

I think so but this game was literally broken. When I got into the tutorial Spyro couldn't attack, later he just started blocking whenever I moved. Also you're tethered to your co-op buddy but the computer AI is broken and can't platform for poo poo. Also the platforming controls and collision detection are shockingly bad. I suffered through a tutorial boss, a timed platforming section and got to a giant room full of columns to climb which was an absolute nightmare to navigate, made it all the way to the top and promptly fell off and went gently caress that not doing that again

God of War 1 Hades flashbacks

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of God War reminds me that I've yet to play Rygar for the PS2 cause I've always heard that the latter was a huge inspiration for GW

edit: Just found out about this game:

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 11, 2022

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Oh man, I just finished the new Monkey Island game and it was quite the ride.

Did not expect it to successfully do what that last Matrix movie attempted to do. I found the game both to be an interesting look at the notion of making a years later sequel to genre defining game as well as actually being a good game in its own right. (The Matrix movie sort of did the meta part right, then dropped the ball on making a good movie.) Anyway, now I'm filled with all these emotions and thoughts and it's all because of some silly adventure game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The immediate bait and switch from MI2's ending right off the bat was so good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Draga posted:

gently caress. Kevin Conroy passed away.

:(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd like to apologize for my joke about Spyro earlier

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm too poor right now to buy a new game to ignore, so I think I'm going to try Legend of Dragoon again. I can never remember if I beat it when I owned it years ago.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
https://investors.remedygames.com/a...-for-control-2/

Glad to see they're finally going to dip back into this series (Control). I know Remedy announced a couple things last year, but not as a true sequel.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

EricFate posted:

https://investors.remedygames.com/a...-for-control-2/

Glad to see they're finally going to dip back into this series (Control). I know Remedy announced a couple things last year, but not as a true sequel.

was always kinda surprised they didn't try to push anything sooner. control is, like, the perfect setting for a multimedia franchise

i thought control 1 was a bit on the bland side for the asking price, although the excellent visuals and promise of the larger universe have me more than interested in seeing what a control 2 has to offer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Control 2: Alt Delete

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Trip report: Supraland Six Inches Under is an extremely good and cool and underrated video game - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1522870/Supraland_Six_Inches_Under/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving stoked to hear they're making Control 2, absolutely loved the first one.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's probably not a good sign that Dragon Quest Treasures comes out next month and there's been no marketing for it and it already looked janky to begin with

e: also i'm looking at gamefly stuff in 2023, and man February is gonna be crazy:

Like a Dragon Ishin
the new Theatrhythm
Atelier Ryza 3
Octopath Traveler 2
Wanted Dead
Clive N Wrench
Labyrinth of Galleria

then Trails to Azure, Wo Long, and Loop8 in April. gently caress!!!

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 12, 2022

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Kevin Conroy and Gallagher die and people here respond to that but nobody responded about Aaron Carter dying. Can't believe the games chat thread of a dying comedy forum would do Aaron's legacy dirty like that. RIP

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He wanted candy too much, rip

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Survived by Shaq even

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Carter got love in the Rap thread is that's any consolation

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

After Elizabeth 2 I’m all out of celeb-mourning juice

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Elizabeth 2 wore out it's welcome, and felt pretty outdated at times. Much bigger fan of the first one.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Elizabeth 3 generates a lot hype every Summer, but I just don't think it's ever coming out.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Didn’t it come out like just a few weeks ago?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That was Victoria 3, they’re all very different

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah i was thinking of Charles 3

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Charles XII is when things really get hype, even if it ended up ending abruptly

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Woah I didn’t know they added voice acting in the SMT Nocturne remaster.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rinkles posted:

Woah I didn’t know they added voice acting in the SMT Nocturne remaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5WNJu84FXY

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If they had to add one of the player characters from resident evil into super smash, who should it be?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

your mom

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tall Vamp Lady

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That Dog

on the computer