Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I still have a hard time believing how loving stupid this all is

Surprisingly, i don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/kevinroose/status/1591162374853382144?t=2P9Y3UGgoXKzeiFfD1Ek3w&s=19

and

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1591161346766565376?t=PKR83awND5ebrvZSuoAWUQ&s=19

loving his company *and* loving his employees, as their legal compliance department is the same as their communications department, which is

A bunch of dudes in the gym where talking about musk and twitter today and they where all sagely nodding that hes playing 8th dimensional chess and not unintetionally torpedoing twitter because you cant luck sack your way into succesfully directly running a large tech company. So per them, it is actually everyone else who is owned.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lightpole posted:

If Musk brings down the insulin cartels with this hes a hero in my book.

Same but I need a supplier if they entirely eat poo poo.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Christ no, McConnell's the canniest operator the Senate GOP has seen in decades since LBJ. Dumping him out of the leadership would be hilariously stupid and self-defeating, so of course Hawley, Rubio, et al are going to push for it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

McConnell is not nearly that good. He had success blocking the Obama administration through the filibuster, but he couldn't even get his own caucus to stick together to repeal Obamacare

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cugel the Clever posted:

The melon smasher was a raging chud, wasn't he?

Sure but free watermelon.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lightpole posted:

If Musk brings down the insulin cartels with this hes a hero in my book.

Gonna laugh if Musk comes out of this the peoples hero. Nothing would ever be so funny again.

Ugh, now I got THAT mental image in my head. We all know the one

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Midjack posted:

Same but I need a supplier if they entirely eat poo poo.

Honestly it would be kind of cool if some billionaire made their pet project diabetes prevention and treatment. I know it will never happen because that would require them to think of people other than themselves.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I would have done it but nobody gave me the winning lotto numbers. Thanks a lot jerks

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Melthir posted:

Honestly it would be kind of cool if some billionaire made their pet project diabetes prevention and treatment. I know it will never happen because that would require them to think of people other than themselves.

Even a non-profit producing and distributing insulin at cost would be an improvement.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Insulin is very cheap to manufacture. A better future is possible

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Even a non-profit producing and distributing insulin at cost would be an improvement.

Watch this space: https://openinsulin.org

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Acebuckeye13 posted:

McConnell is not nearly that good. He had success blocking the Obama administration through the filibuster, but he couldn't even get his own caucus to stick together to repeal Obamacare

McConnell is a top 5 federal politician and a very savvy operator in DC. I don't think not repealing Obamacare just before a national pandemic can really be held against him. They managed to avoid stepping on their own dick in a major way and the "maverick" took all the flack.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Defenestrategy posted:

A bunch of dudes in the gym where talking about musk and twitter today and they where all sagely nodding that hes playing 8th dimensional chess and not unintetionally torpedoing twitter because you cant luck sack your way into succesfully directly running a large tech company. So per them, it is actually everyone else who is owned.

Elon is basically one of those guys just like those gym dudes - upon being told by everyone that they're wrong, they just get more and more determined that they're right. "Independent thinkers" that are really just contrarian douchebags.

Luck and daddy's emerald mines were actually skill, so on and so forth, with a bit of puppetmastering in there too. To his credit though, it's the best $44B joke ever told and it will probably never be topped.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

Elon is basically one of those guys just like those gym dudes -

if this is true we need his views on how many days are in a week

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Now that's a deep cut WOW

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

Elon is basically one of those guys just like those gym dudes - upon being told by everyone that they're wrong, they just get more and more determined that they're right. "Independent thinkers" that are really just contrarian douchebags.

Luck and daddy's emerald mines were actually skill, so on and so forth, with a bit of puppetmastering in there too. To his credit though, it's the best $44B joke ever told and it will probably never be topped.

It would be a lot funnier if it wasn't for the fact that 44B could have lifted a significant portion of humanity out of poverty.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

maffew buildings posted:

Now that's a deep cut WOW

jesus christ we are almost as far from the Jon Bois video as the video was from the OP

https://youtu.be/eECjjLNAOd4

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

shame on an IGA posted:

if this is true we need his views on how many days are in a week

I understood that reference

Anyway

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Did the American drug companies ever come up with a reason why insulin costs a token price around $5-$10 everywhere else in the developed work and nearer $100 in freedomland ?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

the usual bullshit refrain is they're 'evergreening' the product and doing constant R&D and improving it, which is something that only holds water with Congress every time they vote to not put a cap on private health insurance insulin costs. but ya know you can't put a price on how much more free america is with this system

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Baconroll posted:

Did the American drug companies ever come up with a reason why insulin costs a token price around $5-$10 everywhere else in the developed work and nearer $100 in freedomland ?

Because what're you going to do about it, pass laws or write regulations? They got pocket politicians taking care of that.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/11/08/national/kishida-japan-unification-church-donations-bill/

Does anyone know how much teeth this could have if it passes?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So not only did FTX just file for bankruptcy, it has apparently been hacked, with a whole bunch of "money" leaving in a suspicious way. Fun!

https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/1591314736263663616?t=rI86i4triMzZNvWEYrQlhQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/ConejoCapital/status/1591295425646153731?t=wiNZb39Zp41VcGQKVqvBaw&s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

600m gone hahahahaha

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Who could have seen this coming?

Seriously though, SBF loaned 10B in customer funds to his other pet project and lost all of them and is going "???" in response and its amazing to watch.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Comrade Blyatlov:eightbux: posted:

600m gone hahahahaha

It's 10 billion he siphoned off. Via a backdoor coded into the system that did not alert anyone.

Or so I was told

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ded posted:

It's 10 billion he siphoned off. Via a backdoor coded into the system that did not alert anyone.

Or so I was told

Amazing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dude supposedly has fled to Argentina to work diligently on fixing this

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

ded posted:

Or so I was told

And still the internet is full of people who call US dollars and the Euro "fiat currencies". This is the stupidest future.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

lmao the crypto folks who want to have money without government intervention / tack on whatever other cryptobro libertarian rant you want, are debased to this:

https://twitter.com/Bitboy_Crypto/status/1591284718104096769?s=20&t=585owPIWrtwP-Wc4A4DcJg

loving :laffo:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Also the @DOJPH is the Philippino justice department 🇵🇭
is that were FBX was? I don't care about the crypto brain dances, so I don't know if angry moron was extra salsa there or not

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Nov 12, 2022

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Also the @DOJPH is the Philippino justice department 🇵🇭
is that were FBX was? I don't care about the crypto brain dances, so I don't know if angry moron was extra salsa there or not

Haven't been following this too closely but I saw something in passing stating that FTX and FTX_US both got hosed up at the same time and how that was very unlikely to have happened from the outside etc. To me this implies that they have a US branch and one offshore, probably in the Phillipines? idk I don't care enough about crypto to dig into it I just want to laugh at idiots who got rolled.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ataxerxes posted:

And still the internet is full of people who call US dollars and the Euro "fiat currencies". This is the stupidest future.

Crypto is more like Alfa Romeo currency.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My popcorn bowl isn't deep enough for the crypto collapse right now. I may need a five gallon bucket for all the :munch: I'm going to be doing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That Works posted:

lmao the crypto folks who want to have money without government intervention / tack on whatever other cryptobro libertarian rant you want, are debased to this:

https://twitter.com/Bitboy_Crypto/status/1591284718104096769?s=20&t=585owPIWrtwP-Wc4A4DcJg

loving :laffo:

please save us feds, i didn't mean it when i said the reagan quote

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Per NYT, Elon's plan has become a success, leading to 140,000 Twitter Blue subscriptions.

It will generate $13.5 million in revenue. He's just got $986.5 million to go!

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1591192052402130944?t=xgkYl2j1UUiWnIrp_B3iyw&s=19

quote:

The rapper Doja Cat, who changed her display name to Christmas in anticipation of the holidays, told Mr. Musk in a tweet on Thursday that she didn’t want her display name to remain Christmas forever and asked for help.

After Mr. Musk replied that she could change it, Doja Cat renamed herself “Elon Musk,” violating his prohibition on impersonators. As of Friday afternoon, her Twitter display name read simply “fart.”

A representative for Doja Cat didn’t respond to requests for comment.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The investment arm attached to FTX was run by his ex girlfriend who had two years trading experience and made a statement on video they don't believe stop losses are good risk management. How could this happen??

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

600m gone hahahahaha

600m they don't even really have is the best part, the company was already up a creek before the theft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Really good video on poo poo that might happen if Russia loses their war in Ukraine.

https://youtu.be/Hs-UJI5LA_Q