Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Entropic posted:

Like ads in the postcast itself? the only ads i'm used to hearing on MaxFun shows that are aren't ad-reads by the hosts are ads for other maxfun shows.

does this vary by streaming service or something? I've also only ever heard MaxFun ads on Google podcast (and whatever I used previously).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Iirc there are a several services that do this but they all more or less roll up to the same handful of ad firms because media. It’s pretty common these days.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Empty Sandwich posted:

does this vary by streaming service or something? I've also only ever heard MaxFun ads on Google podcast (and whatever I used previously).

Same.

I wonder if they normally use that injection to do their maxfun show ads but it accidentally picked up third party ads this time?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i've received auto-generated ads from saudi aramco before which was p ?????????????

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

All I got was Jesse Thorn thanking listeners for donating to a trans charity, although it'd been a few hours since maxfun was notified of the ad. Were most of the complaints coming from a certain state or city? Who was the politician?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Would be kinda funny if it was Sydnee’s opponent

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1590171668538064899

Shame, West Virginia. :smith:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It was a devastating attack ad.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

A win for cbd store employees everywhere

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Funnily enough that was the dude she was running against.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Seems like a pretty close race, giving up with 20% of the vote to go seems surprising to me? Whatever.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
maybe this is close by West Virginia standards but it's not close by politics standards

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Maybe she should have married better

Warbird
May 23, 2012

For someone running as a democrat in West Virginia for their first rodeo vs an incumbent that’s better than I would have expected.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Lindsey Graham won his last race about 55/45, if that helps perspective.

also if it doesn't, I suppose

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
We and Justin made fun of that ridiculous attack add, but this is kind of the huge current problem with local elections. When a Republican suddenly has a mysterious 50K ad buy or something out of no where when usually an election with that view voters has a budget of less than a couple thousand on each side definitely says something.

Basically Republicans dominate all of these tiny local races because all of the dark money that billionaires can throw around to vastly outspend rivals to tip the scales with propaganda. Something like 50K is less than pocket change to a billionaire, and then all of the local level ads up to controlling state legislatures to further gerrymanders poo poo.

I’m glad Sydnee tried but drat is it ever an uphill battle in places like WV. This country needs to dump first past the post voting asap but it never will.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

NEW MONSTER FACTORY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2A7Jza-zWY

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

jeeves posted:

We and Justin made fun of that ridiculous attack add, but this is kind of the huge current problem with local elections. When a Republican suddenly has a mysterious 50K ad buy or something out of no where when usually an election with that view voters has a budget of less than a couple thousand on each side definitely says something.

Basically Republicans dominate all of these tiny local races because all of the dark money that billionaires can throw around to vastly outspend rivals to tip the scales with propaganda. Something like 50K is less than pocket change to a billionaire, and then all of the local level ads up to controlling state legislatures to further gerrymanders poo poo.

I’m glad Sydnee tried but drat is it ever an uphill battle in places like WV. This country needs to dump first past the post voting asap but it never will.

I live in WV, it was a bad night here for basically all local Democrats. The one good thing I saw was that Republican state delegate Austin Haynes lost his race extremely narrowly, and really only after having credible lawsuits pending about how he traded votes for sexual favors.

Democratic state senator Stephen Baldwin lost and that is sad, they redistricted him, and like I said it was a tough night. Awesome dem delegate Kayla Young won reelection by less than 60 votes in Charleston which is wild.

Someone I know pretty well won their race for Charleston city council which is pretty funny tbh. Charleston also kept their democratic mayor Amy Goodwin. Good for them.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I knew MF wasn't dead.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's been a long time since I was crying laughing at McElroy content, but goddamn that's a good monster factory

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
So we all acknowledge TAZ has had its highs and lows, but goddamn Steeplechase is sofar proving to be a high.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This whole episode is so hilariously uncomfortable. I'm not a huge fan of the game system but everything else is absolutely stellar.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Griffin has simply gotten too good at making theme songs.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

more falafel please posted:

Griffin has simply gotten too good at making theme songs.

That descending fanfare bit is superb.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Fil5000 posted:

That descending fanfare bit is superb.

It's not far off from the Archer theme song, especially that bit, but the whole thing slapsis the slap.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Clint McElroy: Agent of Chaos.

Justin may be the best DM of the whole bunch tbh. Griffin has high aspirations and is good at it but also kind of gets in his own way. Justin is winging it and taking no poo poo from his family members. Which is to say he is taking tons of poo poo from them but returns it in kind.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

dare I say, it's very eldest sibling energy.

I am behind on Steeplechase but I have enjoyed the episodes I've listened to thus far. Very good return to goof form sans bullshit. Great job, boys. That Justin has been doing this alongside what I imagine to be one of his most chaotic real life periods to boot is, truly, exceptional.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Justin is my new favorite DM because he's willing to say no. All of my APs are becoming chaotic messes in a bad way because the DMs and their NPCs are becoming doormats, and it's nice to have things thrown back into the players' faces.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Steeplechase is really good.

Everyone except Justin straight up not getting the point of Sinnuendo is very fun.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
OMG I just remembered it's almost deathblart!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Wasabi the J posted:

OMG I just remembered it's almost deathblart!

Now that I'm commuting again I have time for podcasts other than carving out time doing chores to stay up to date on my 3 faves, so maybe I should start a complete relisten of deathblart again

Warbird
May 23, 2012

A Nissan Versa with a Morbius license plate just parked in front of us. It has one of those “Not ashamed of my clown husband” bumper stickers.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Warbird posted:

A Nissan Versa with a Morbius license plate just parked in front of us. It has one of those “Not ashamed of my clown husband” bumper stickers.

Tweet a pic to the bros and ask Justin when he got a Nissan Versa.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Warbird posted:

:10bux: that this person is also a member of the infamous McElroy/MaxFun Fetlife group

there’s just something about a Nissan Versa displaying internet jokes that screams “I’m active in my local burlesque scene, whether they want me there or not”

Warbird
May 23, 2012

We’re also in Charlotte and they had NC plates so that makes it better/worse. I didn’t clock the person(s) coming out of it so I can’t comment there. I considered taking a picture, but eh.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Pennsylvanian posted:

Justin is my new favorite DM because he's willing to say no. All of my APs are becoming chaotic messes in a bad way because the DMs and their NPCs are becoming doormats, and it's nice to have things thrown back into the players' faces.

And he knows when to say yes when it absolutely matters, such as indulging Clint with his bizarre detour in Sinnuendo.

EASILY one of the best episode finishers in TAZ history. My god.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1593282240062038018?s=46&t=NBbpQXcIUbZi7YhRwdNIeA

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

blunder man: with his invisible Segway and his big sticky mess of truth

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I hope one of them likes it this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

SpacePig posted:

I hope one of them likes it this year.

Those are always the best twists.

Is worst idea of all time any good? I never listened to it