Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:ughh: by telling us you are making your vote because of your knowledge of the game you are massively changing how people are likely to vote, regardless of the spoiler tag.
Just delete your post, you done hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
I think that I'm going with the folks who want to make Frederica happy. Hyzante it is for me.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

By popular demand posted:

:ughh: by telling us you are making your vote because of your knowledge of the game you are massively changing how people are likely to vote, regardless of the spoiler tag.
Just delete your post, you done hosed up.

It's the unfortunate problem of wanting the best possible display of the game.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Natural 20 posted:

Is that the only reason people are voting for Aesfrost despite the moral no-nos of Frederica begging not to go back there? In that case, it's easy to see which readers have played the game and which haven't.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.

Natural 20 posted:

Thanks for editing it. For future reference, obviously voting is fine if you have game knowledge, but I'd rather not have justifications based on it front and center.

Delphisage posted:

Is that the only reason people are voting for Aesfrost despite the moral no-nos of Frederica begging not to go back there? In that case, it's easy to see which readers have played the game and which haven't.

I'm obviously not voting myself, but I wouldn't say it's the only reason. They might not necessarily stack up to the wishes of your betrothed, but checking out a country that bases itself on meritocracy and freedom in an otherwise medieval-y world could be interesting, as well as getting to meet/know the rest of the family that we'd be marrying into.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Hyzante

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'm just going to say that the king going "Hey you there, the new baron of Assend, pick which country I diplomatically insult." is a very interesting approach to international relations, possibly very Bismarkian in its confidence in human reason.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Hyzante

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SIGSEGV posted:

I'm just going to say that the king going "Hey you there, the new baron of Assend, pick which country I diplomatically insult." is a very interesting approach to international relations, possibly very Bismarkian in its confidence in human reason.

Well he’s sending another Lord of equal rank with the other delegation.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yeah while the other country's royalty might feel somewhat slighted they're not obviously losing face.

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013

Delphisage posted:

I think there's plenty of good reasons to want to go to Aesfrost despite Frederica's hesitations. For one, Frederica being married to Serenoa obviously has political implications and it only seems prudent to at least try to investigate that in Aesfrost, even if it is dubious given Frederica's hesitation. For another, although this is ostensibly an invitation to the Wolfort house, this is important to the royal house and ceding the opinion to the prince makes a certain amount of sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yeah while the other country's royalty might feel somewhat slighted they're not obviously losing face.

Also they are not making the choice of which one to pick in front of them. There is no reason for them to feel slighted.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I feel like it should be mentioned that, outside of a handful of choices, persuading someone to change their mind results in a "That's actually a good point" response instead of "Fine, I GUESS we should do what Serenoa wants to do". Like, they actually weigh your thoughts against theirs

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Aesfrost because I just bought this game thanks to the LP and want to make the other choice :goleft:

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Update 11: Character Overview 2

It’s been long enough so I will call the vote for Hyzante. I don’t have the update ready just yet, so instead have another set of character overviews.

Frederica Aesfrost

As is probably evident by now, Frederica is the definition of an offensive mage. She has the highest useful magic attack stat in the game, with decent magical defense as well. However, to balance out her magical powers, she is pretty lacking physically, with low HP, physical defense, and, unsurprisingly, strength. She’s also very slow, both stat-wise, and movement-wise, since unlike many other 4-square movement characters she does not have any ways to gain movement.

Moving on to the abilities, everything of hers is fire themed. Scorch and Blazing Chains will be her bread and butter, dealing AOE damage or significantly higher single target damage. Pillars of Fire is actually even stronger than Blazing Chains, but 3 TP is a lot and it can be difficult to get enemies to line up to take advantage of its AOE. Still, it’s a powerful attack and definitely has its use cases.

For her support abilities, Flame Shield is wonderful. The fire immunity can come in handy, but the counterattack is really what the ability is about. It deals percentage damage and so scales with enemy HP and can be an absolute boss shredder. Especially since it stacks with the innate counter abilities of people like Serenoa and Erador. Fire Eater is a bit more mixed since absorption isn’t that much more useful than immunity, and it doesn’t have anything besides the absorption despite the higher cost.

After that, we have her passives. Blessing of Fire isn’t really noteworthy; occasionally it’ll help, occasionally it’ll hurt, but won’t significantly affect things outside of letting her get near immunity to fire damage with certain accessories. However, her other 3 passives are all quite good. Clear Skies gives her a pretty significant damage boost when the weather is clear. Over half of the story missions have clear weather so it’s often active. Magic Ablaze also gives a sizeable damage boost when standing on a burning square. Though the damage boost is very noticeable, Frederica is not immune to the damage burning tiles inflict, and you won’t always be able to position the flames where you want. Her final passive, KO TP+, is absolutely incredible though. It almost totally removes her TP problems, since she can combine all of her damage boosting abilities to essentially delete an enemy per turn and refill 1 of the 2 TP she spent.

Her ultimate ability, Sunfall, is interesting. It hits a pretty huge AOE for a ton of damage, especially if you spend the max of 5 TP on it. But the charge time is absolutely killer on its own. Enemies are generally smart enough to move out of the AOE if they have the chance, and Frederica is slow enough that she won’t be double turning anyone. Because of that, it’s basically unusable unless you have Benedict or another way to shift her turns around and cut the charge time down. But with that support, it can be a super powerful formation buster. The overall cost still makes it situational, but definitely useful.

Overall, Frederica is a magical powerhouse who can deal tons of damage and self-sustain with her passive, and can absolutely shine with support and proper planning. She can fall off in later playthroughs, as enemy HP goes up and she can’t 1-shot enemies as easily, but until and even after then, she’s absolutely worth a deployment spot if you want to use her.

Geela Breisse

Geela is the archetypical healer. She’s relatively squishy, with low HP and speed, slightly below average physical defense and strength, and high magical defense. Funnily enough, she actually has a higher magic attack stat than Frederica, 2nd highest in the game, but she can’t use it for anything but healing spells. As you’d expect, you’ll generally want to keep her away from the front lines whenever possible.

Her abilities are all generally pretty self-explanatory. Cure Wounds and Sanctuary are the basic single target/AOE healing spells, Mend Wounds is a significantly stronger heal (and will almost always fully heal the target), and Heal What Ails You will cure every status effect on any ally, which can be quite useful when people get hit with disabling effects like silence. Her last normal ability, Haste, is just okay. It’s a decent buff, but I generally rarely have a free turn for Geela to use it vs heal someone.

Her passives are also pretty simple too. For Those in Need makes her better at healing people in dangerous situations and Fight or Flight helps her stay away from enemies.

Her ultimate ability, Miraculous Light is really powerful, but can be difficult to get enough TP to use it more than once or twice a fight without the right support. Despite that, it’s absolutely worth using when you can, and can really save your bacon in hard fights.

Overall, Geela is about as much of a healer as a unit could possibly be. She’s super useful since healers are in short supply, and will be the essentially uncontested best healer for a large chunk of the game. Unless you’re specifically challenging yourself or have a gimmick, Geela will be an auto-include on almost every map.

Roland

And we’ll round things out this time with Roland. Stats-wise, Roland is interesting. He has pretty high attack and decent speed. However, he has pretty low HP, closer to an archer than any dedicated front liner, and below average defense and magic defense. Notably, he also has a 6 square movement at base, and has a passive that can increase it by another during clear weather. Roland also has the worst jump in the game, at only 2 squares high, but can generally get around that with his movement.

For abilities, Roland has a mix of pretty unique options. Double Thrust is his most standard one, which just does about 1.5x a basic attack to an enemy. Rush is a very powerful one since it moves Roland as part of the attack. This can let you take advantage of Roland’s high movement to get into the midst of an enemy group, and then dash out to safety. There is also a weapon upgrade that can lower its cost down to 2 TP, making it much more spammable. Pushback is another single target attack, but it moves the target back, which can be key for saving a squishy unit or, more hilariously, throwing an enemy off a super high cliff. Forced movement is relatively rare in this, so it’s a really nice tool to have. Finally, Flash of Steel is almost like a projectile. It’s expensive, but is pretty powerful and, for whatever reason, I often found its AOE much easier to land than Frederica’s Pillars.

Roland’s passives are all pretty serviceable. Except for Knight’s Bane since it’s just a minor downside. Fit and Fortuitous and Crit Damage Up synergize with his naturally solid luck and ability to get behind people for guaranteed crits. Spring in Your Step is like Frederica’s damage passive, in that it’s active in just over half of the story missions, and can be really significant when it is. His most interesting one, though, is probably Opportune Attack. If Roland moves more than 5 spaces and ends the move next to one or more enemies, he’ll automatically attack one of them at random. It’s basically just free damage for playing him as intended, and works really well with Rush to dive in and then get out.

His last ability is really cool. Four Dragons is another single target attack, but it is in the running to be the strongest physical attack in the game. It has a huge power to start with, and since it ignores defense, it works just as well on super tough bosses as it does on regular enemies. Roland’s pretty TP hungry in general, so you need to plan ahead when you want to use it, but it can absolutely turn a battle around if you time it right.

Overall, Roland is an interesting character, meant to hang out on the flanks of a fight and dive in and out instead of hanging on the front lines. The extra range from his spear make him even more effective at this, and it feels really good to run around people and get a double crit with it. Sometimes a map just doesn’t have room for him to maneuver, and he’s just not durable enough to be very useful when that happens, but most of the time he fills a pretty valuable role in your team.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Roland's Opportune Attack reminded me of the mounted knight units in the tactical game Wargroove. One unique concept in that game that separates it somewhat from Advance Wars is that enemies crit under specific conditions. For example, spearmen crit if directly next to at least one other spearman of his army. In the case of the mounted knight enemy, they crit if they use all of the their movement and strike an adjacent enemy. It's quite fun because it incentivises round-about approaches to enemy units that are longer than needs be but not too long.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Frederica and a character we meet later on were almost always dispatched in my game because they are amazing snipers. Knocking out a couple enemies early on is incredibly useful here because there tends to be some bad guys right near you at the beginning of battles and it gives you a little breathing room to set up strategies

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I never figured out how to use Roland, so I mostly kept him benched... using him for hit-and-run is interesting, though.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Are there any dedicated crowd-control/non-healer buffer classes in this game? I've always had a soft spot for them due to an MMO I used to play. Classes like that are nearly unheard of today, but they used to be indispensable.

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013

JustJeff88 posted:

Are there any dedicated crowd-control/non-healer buffer classes in this game? I've always had a soft spot for them due to an MMO I used to play. Classes like that are nearly unheard of today, but they used to be indispensable.

Several. We already went through Benedict earlier who is a support buffer, but he's not the only one. TS is also a pretty CC heavy game compared to a lot of TRPGs with several methods of status infliction (it can be argued that the hardest difficulty is really a game about disables).

In general, Triangle Strategy trades out a lot of the unit customization that a lot of TRPGs provide, in exchange for the characters being pretty wide in terms of uniqueness.

AncientSpark fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 14, 2022

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

JustJeff88 posted:

Oh my yes.

Anyway onto our characters.

Frederica is a pretty standard mage. She hits hard and consistently but there's not that much more to her than that, which honestly is all she really needs to stand out. She's very TP hungry though since casting is -1 per turn, so it's hard to sustain her alongside other TP heavy characters. That said she compares relatively well to most of them anyway.

Geela is a dedicated healer and is basically indispensable for huge portions of the game. Nobody for a long long time is going to output the same level of single target healing that she can and again, it's enough for her to have a strong spot.

Roland kinda sucks honestly. He's fragile for a melee and doesn't come with inbuilt evasion. His inability to move after actions or preposition himself before actions largely means that once he's in melee, he's in melee and he's going to eat a beating. He can be viewed as a flanker but largely that role doesn't have a huge niche in this game and further there are characters who are just much, much better at the role insofar as it does exist. Benedict can patch him with extra action, which makes Roland a lot safer but it's still not astounding.

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013
The one advantage Roland does have is that he's a relatively early source of physical AoE, something that is lacking for a while.

But yeah, in practice, it's just too hard to get a flanker to work in TS when getting out of formation means a very quick death due to flanking bonuses and sheer incoming damage. I actually found him best as an anti-flanking tool, by using his 2 range to plug in holes in formations, and still be able to take at least a few hits (unlike, say, a ranged unit).

AncientSpark fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 14, 2022

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Miraculous Light is such a good ability. It's a full revival so it more than doubles a characters durability as the killing damage doesn't roll over. Even when you get other healers it's strong enough to set Geela apart. I really like the design of her skillset. You'll always have enough TP for Cure Wounds and Haste so you can be more flexible with her other moves knowing she'll never be left high and dry.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Update 12: A Land of Salt and Sun

Welcome back! The thread has chosen to visit Hyzante, so we’ll be starting things off by persuading the group.

First up is Roland.

When we start the persuasion, a set of three choices pops up, one of which unlocks because we got the relevant information in the previous exploration section. These unlocked options are often, but not always the best choice to convince a character to side with you. In this case, however, it is the best option, but isn’t required to get Roland to side with you.

I would be fascinated to see a society where everyone is truly equal.
Indeed, they say Hyzante is a country without kings or nobles. 'Tis hard to imagine. But why imagine when we could see it with our own eyes? Hmm, an interesting proposal. I wonder what everyone else thinks. You've given me much to consider, friend.

After a persuasion attempt, we get a text box that describes generally how effective we were, and then the character’s portrait moves down to the undecided section. We won’t know if we were actually successful until we get to the actual voting. That success is determined through a combination of the chosen answers and Serenoa’s convictions, with a higher stat making it easier to persuade people. It’s also possible for you to just totally fail to convince someone and not even move their portrait, but for that you need to almost purposely choose poor answers on some difficult choices.

Next up is Erador.

Stories of the miracles performed in the Ministry of Medicine have piqued my interest. Such knowledge could help our soldiers and common folk alike.
Aye, doubtless we could learn from the minds of the Ministry. Would that we had such gifted healers and mages at our disposal. Might be we could ask 'em for a book, but I've always been of the mind that the best learnin' is done through doin'. Thank ye for sharin' your thoughts on the matter, milord.

Erador also goes into deep thought as we move over to Hughette.

It is said the skill of their mages is unequaled. Wouldn't you like to test your skill against such warriors?
I have heard the same. What magic I have seen is impressive enough. I can scarce imagine what a true master could do. I should like to try my hand against one in mock combat, if able. My bow against their spells. Thank you. my lord- I suppose there may be some merit in visiting Hyzante.

And we’ll wrap things up with Anna.

I hear everyone is treated as equals. I would see the truth of that claim.
Hmm, equality for all. Can there really be such a place? If so, I would like to walk its streets and speak to its people.

Since Anna was the last person we wanted to convince, we’ll head over to the Scales of Conviction and get things moving.

It is time to cast our votes. Do we journey to the Grand Duchy of Aesfrost or the Holy State of Hyzante? Approach the Scales of Conviction with your token at the ready.

Roland approaches first, and combines his statement with a “You’ve convinced me” voice line to really drive the point home.

Since we didn’t try and convince them of anything, Benedict, Frederica, and Geela don’t say anything and just put their token on the scale, followed by the rest of the group.

Where my lord goes, I follow.
Hyzante has its charms, I admit. Charms I mean to see for myself.
I'm behind ye, milord.

The Scales of Conviction will illuminate the path we've chosen.

The scales start drawing in a bunch of light.

Before one side tips down and has a flame start on it. We also get a summary of the vote totals.

The way forward is decided. We journey to Hyzante.

Whether or not it proves to be the right choice will depend on our actions. I trust in you all.

Very good, my lord. When you pay respects to the Holy One and the Saintly Seven, remember that you do so on behalf of our king.

We head over to the bridge to meet up with the Hyzantian ministers.

Lord Serenoa, we are honored that you would choose to grace our nation with your presence. That said, I must offer you a warning as well.
It may be in Lady Frederica's best interests to remain here in Glenbrook.
!
I fear there may be some...complications...were she to come to Hyzante.
…!
She is half-sister to the archduke, and my betrothed besides. What complications could there possibly be?
None, if l had any say in it. However, the matter is more...delicate than that.
Your lady's hair would draw attention—unfortunately, none of it favorable.
My mother's hair... The pink locks of the Roselle. Mother once told me of how her people fled Hyzante.
Then you know how the Roselle are viewed in our nation. How the gospel of the Goddess regards them as sinners.
...Yes, I do. But I am from Aesfrost. And I assure you I have committed no sins.
Of course, my lady. Very well, then. I will do all in my power to see your visit is a pleasant one.

The ministers head off, and Frederica and Serenoa step a little bit away from the group.

Thank you. Pray forgive my outburst.
You've no need to apologize. Still, I must ask: are you certain?
I must go. I would see with my own eyes. See where—and how—my mother and her people suffered.

That also ends the first half of this chapter. But we’re not done quite yet.

We come back in just outside of Hyzante itself.

I had heard tales of the Goddess's Shield, but its grandeur surpasses even my imagination.
It protected the Holy State from both Glenbrook and Aesfrost during the war. None in history have succeeded in breaching it. Do you think you might fare better, Lord Serenoa?

Serenoa turns around and stares at the wall for a moment.

...I think penetrating these walls would be nigh impossible.
Hahal A most courteous answer. I should have expected as much.

The gates open and we head on inside.

Inside, the city is vibrant and everyone is going about their business until a gong sounds.

What’s that sound?

The gong sounds a few more times as all of the Hyzantians turn the same way and raise up their arms.

Could this be?
Is this the hour of worship I've heard so much about?
Indeed. Hyzantians offer their prayers up to the Goddess's statue every day. They thank Her for Her blessing. For bestowing us with the Source. from which all Norzelia's salt is harvested.
To see every citizen pray is...astonishing.
The Goddess truly is at the center of all Hyzante, just as the stories say.
Even so, are there none who'd use this time of worship to rob their fellow citizens?
...There are none so misguided among the Goddess's believers.
All Hyzantians are guaranteed food. clothing. and shelter. The Holy State has done everything in its power to eliminate poverty and ensure equality. As a result, no one envies others or craves riches for selfish reasons.
Certainly if everyone were equal. there would be naught to fight about...
But achieving absolute equality is impossible.
...The words of an unbeliever. The Goddess showers Her blessings fairly upon all who follow Her Teachings.
Hmph
Before we visit the hierophant, there is one thing I must tell you about Lady Frederica.
Under normal circumstances, the head of our nation would not permit an audience with one of Rosellan extract. We have explained the circumstances, however, and she has been granted special permission to enter the palace as an envoy.
That said, we would ask that Lady Frederica remain silent before the Holy One.
Silent? Why?
I reiterate that typically she would not be so much as allowed to attend. We ask for your understanding of our creed.
You mean to treat one of Glenbrook's delegates as if she weren't even there?
Prince Roland, you are here in secret. It would not do for you to gainsay another nation's religious creed.
I have no objections.
….
…My apologies.
You needn‘t apologize. Let us do what we came here for.
We appreciate your understanding. Now then, let us show you to the palace.

We head up the stairs and into the palace to meet the full Saintly Seven.

…..
That is where the hierophant resides.

None are allowed to look upon the Holy One's face. None save Minister Idore, who conveys their divine words to us.
Pardon our intrusion. Lord Serenoa Wolffort of Glenbrook has escorted us home on behalf of King Regna.

Minister Idore turns to the tent and whispers for a moment.

The hierophant speaks to you. “Serenoa WoIffort. We thank you for your gracious gesture. We are overjoyed and humbled that you have chosen to grace our nation with your presence.
I am unworthy of such high praise, but honored nonetheless.
House Wolffort and Hyzante have shared a deep bond ever since the Saltiron War. On behalf of the Saintly Seven, it is my wish that our friendship will be as strong as it was with your lord father.
But of course. I strive to one day measure up to his greatness.

….
You will also, in time, succeed Lord Symon as adviser to the mining venture, I hear. The hierophant would hear your true thoughts on the endeavor.

I think it a valuable endeavor that will fairly profit everyone.
Certainly. The Holy One shares your opinion. If benefit spreads evenly throughout the land, peace and happiness will follow.
And yet, creating an equal society that all will accept is no easy task.
That difficulty is precisely what makes it worth doing. Together, let us bring true peace to Norzelia. The Goddess always watches over those who believe in Her. May you all receive Her divine protection.

Before we leave, Roland steps forward.

I have heard that the people of Hyzante live in equality. They say the Goddess showers blessings upon those who follow Her Teachings, but is that the only reason?
Ohoho... A studious one you are, Prince Roland. King Regna has raised you well. Of course, the Goddess's Teachings are at the core of the equality our citizens enjoy. But there are many measures taken by the Holy State to ensure the happiness of our people.
Minister Lyla's Ministry of Medicine, which dedicates itself to the study of preserving life, is another example of this. The results of their research have allowed many people to overcome illness and injury and live long, healthy lives.
Fascinating... I would like to hear more about Hyzante's medical discoveries.
I see we managed to pique your interest. Minister Lyla, I leave our guests in your capable hands. Pray, show them around the Ministry and let them admire Hyzante's pursuit of life and magic.

The scene fades back to the world map, where we have an exploration scene awaiting us for next time.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Oh joy. Yet another JRPG where religion is evil.

I'm not sure whether to be intrigued or not that this time it's clearly based on Islam rather than the Catholic Church.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I hope they're going for a more complex view of religion with competing sects with different goals.
Who knows, the acceptance of a rosalen in attendance may be a small first step towards a thaw in dogma.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just something to put a pin into:

The colors of red, green, and yellow correspond to the nations of Aesfrost, Glenbrook, and Hyzante.

They also represent the three Convictions, and during voting, the affiliation of each side of the vote is represented by the color of the choice's option in the voting dialog, as well as the pan on the scale and its associated flame.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

It is pretty hilarious that this is a JRPG that's racist towards anime hair.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Didn't anime hair begin in jrpgs as an easy way to differentiate characters? We've gone a full circle.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop on this 'equal' nation. If I've learned anything in my life, it's that neither theocracies, feudal cultures nor post-feudal liberal capitalist nations are very 'equal' in a material sense.

Black Robe posted:

It is pretty hilarious that this is a JRPG that's racist towards anime hair.

I'm glad that someone else noticed.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What are the chances there's no one actually in the tent and the Minister is pulling the strings

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The profiles with one exception as he did not talk explain what each Minister is.

Idore Delmira (Minister of Religion)
Lyla Viscraft (Minister of Medicine)
Sorsley Ende (Minister of Salt)
Exharme Marcial (Minister of Arms)
Kamsell Pharant (Minister of Domestic Affairs)

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

quote:

Exharme Marcial (Minister of Arms)
Remarkably subtle, I expected at least three direct references to the matters at hand, but I only got two.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Hey, OOrochi, do you plan to try to cover all the in battle dialogue? I figure you'll probably leave who to field to votes like most SRPG LPs, but if you can list who has dialogue in that fight to tip the odd's that'd be a good idea I think.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So part of why we wanted to go to Hyzante was so our wife wouldn't be uncomfortable around her family, and instead we're making her uncomfortable for different reasons.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sometimes a lovely situation which is new and novel is better than the poo poo you're used to.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Sometimes a lovely situation which is new and novel is better than the poo poo you're used to.

Tell that to Ralph Ellison.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I get the feeling that she didn't actually know much about this place.

I'm getting a sinking feeling that she's eventually going to be killed off during the story, though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SIGSEGV posted:

Remarkably subtle, I expected at least three direct references to the matters at hand, but I only got two.

Funny enough the r in his name is silent. It's more like Ecks ham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That makes it extra subtle, just like the B in subtle.