Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

DACK FAYDEN posted:

is she different from the astronaut woman who logged into her ex's bank account and commited space wire fraud

how did my captain marvel 3 spec sheet leak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Shear Modulus posted:

get the astronaut woman who drove across the country nonstop wearing astronaut diapers to attack her astronaut ex's new girlfriend and make her run for senator

Wearing astronaut diapers and eating astronaut ice cream

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Astronaut and Senator seem like pretty miserable jobs to have to do tbh one you're cramped in a tiny space with your own farts and have to deal with social isolation and well I guess the second one you're pretty much a glorified panhandler

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

texas federal judge banned debt relief again no student debt getting forgiven pending appeal

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/1591084726936567808

Fun fact: Ilhan Omar increased her margin by 10 points over 2020, so if you were thinking maybe the pundits would have learned something from these results, or at least gotten better at interpreting them, they have not.

But hey, if this means that MN-5 becomes a Beto-style Republican donor trap that they funnel their time and money into instead of, I dunno, looking into why the East Metro abandoned them in droves this cycle, that's good by me.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

are those all CDs that were immune to redrawn borders?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

maruhkati posted:

https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/1591084726936567808

Fun fact: Ilhan Omar increased her margin by 10 points over 2020, so if you were thinking maybe the pundits would have learned something from these results, or at least gotten better at interpreting them, they have not.

But hey, if this means that MN-5 becomes a Beto-style Republican donor trap that they funnel their time and money into instead of, I dunno, looking into why the East Metro abandoned them in droves this cycle, that's good by me.
how can you overperform in a new open seat, there's nothing to compare it to

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
It's looking like Dems are going to get 218 seats.

Just lmbo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Just lmbo

Really?

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

texas federal judge banned debt relief again no student debt getting forgiven pending appeal

Biden Shrugged

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

get the astronaut woman who drove across the country nonstop wearing astronaut diapers to attack her astronaut ex's new girlfriend and make her run for senator

#ImWithSpaceDiapHer

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Clinton Wept

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Just lmbo

A 50/50 house AND senate would be amazing. Has that ever happened?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Odd number of seats in the House, closest we can get is 218-217. Still a chance for chaos every time someone retires or dies, which happens like 5 or 6 times a term avg.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

HashtagGirlboss posted:

CCM is still gonna win, so maybe 51 seats, but I get what you're saying lol

edit: It just owns that Trump has made most Republicans not vote by mail. So all the VBM ballots are like 67% Democrats.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I voted early because I still can and I'm a loving sucker for voting lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Tibalt posted:

Odd number of seats in the House, closest we can get is 218-217. Still a chance for chaos every time someone retires or dies, which happens like 5 or 6 times a term avg.

President Henry Cueller

Also Chuy Garcia won a House seat and immediately announced he was gonna quit to run against Lori Lightfoot

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

President Henry Cueller

Also Chuy Garcia won a House seat and immediately announced he was gonna quit to run against Lori Lightfoot

haha

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

This is the election the republicans should be saying was stolen and not the 2020 one, people would totally believe them

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Shear Modulus posted:

This is the election the republicans should be saying was stolen and not the 2020 one, people would totally believe them

The Dems stole it in every state, but also rigged the New York elections to be the best state for Republicans to give them plausible deniability.

:tinfoil:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
out

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Calls for Nevada:

- Dems win all 4 House seats.
- Republican candidate unseats Dem Governor.
- No call on Senate, but looking more and more certain that Mastro pulls it out.

Looks like a crazy situation where every single battleground state (except PA and maybe AZ) voted for a split ticket for Governor/Senate.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1591223462831562752
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1591228813488406529
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1591229542030516225
https://twitter.com/TheNVIndy/status/1591224379261980672

Leon Trotsky 2012 has issued a correction as of 02:27 on Nov 12, 2022

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
boebert ftw

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

boebert ftw

This will be a loss for onlyfans :(

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The problem with delegitimizing the election by claiming it's stolen/a sham is that the people that believe this will not bother voting.

However, claiming the election is mostly cope so it may wear off over time as moral recovers.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/rohmerfan1127/s...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Vim Fuego posted:

Wearing astronaut diapers and eating astronaut ice cream

They can't eat normal food and they're addicted to tang!

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The problem with delegitimizing the election by claiming it's stolen/a sham is that the people that believe this will not bother voting.

However, claiming the election is mostly cope so it may wear off over time as moral recovers.

All American elections are sham elections

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Private Cumshoe posted:

I voted early because I still can and I'm a loving sucker for voting lol

I like to get an early start because there are just so many ballots I need to hand out to illegal immigrants

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
wait did multiple states do that thing where they rewrite the state constitution to say "we ban slave labor but also we define prison labor as not slavery"? Tennessee was the one I knew, but Alabama did as well? what's up with that timing?

edit: should have done cursory searching before posting. https://www.al.com/news/2022/10/alabama-1-of-5-states-to-decide-on-slavery-loopholes-for-prison-labor-in-upcoming-election.html it's a coordinated push, looks like

SixteenShells has issued a correction as of 07:07 on Nov 12, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SixteenShells posted:

wait did multiple states do that thing where they rewrite the state constitution to say "we ban slave labor but also we define prison labor as not slavery"? Tennessee was the one I knew, but Alabama did as well? what's up with that timing?

edit: should have done cursory searching before posting. https://www.al.com/news/2022/10/alabama-1-of-5-states-to-decide-on-slavery-loopholes-for-prison-labor-in-upcoming-election.html it's a coordinated push, looks like

4 states had propositions, Luisiana and Tennessee has lovely carveouts/when it was in comittee language supposedly intented for community service was kept in that yeah basically said prison slavery was legal. So the actual activists who worked on the draft legislation in Luisiana turned against it and said 'vote no, this is a badly drafted one, we'll do it right next election' technically I think the Tennessee one still bans selling prison labor to private companies so isn't completely trash, but yeah funny how politicians keep trying to turn material good into dumb symbolic stuff, huh?

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

What’s up with the apparently high number of split tickets? Fickle suburbanites who usually vote Republican who threw the Dems a bone because they don’t want abortion *quite* that illegal? Idiots who enjoy a vague idea of “balance” between the two parties? Who are these people who reelected Kemp but went for Warnock?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Flipped back randomly to page 387, lol at the predictions

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

brugroffil posted:

Flipped back randomly to page 387, lol at the predictions

as a ny guy this thread was extremely accurate all along its the other 49 states that are for lols

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Florida and New York actively got more red than they may have ever been in any of our lifetimes :rubby:

Texas might do the same if Beto decides he wants to keep losing

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Florida and New York actively got more red than they may have ever been in any of our lifetimes :rubby:

Texas might do the same if Beto decides he wants to keep losing

makes sense, the dems can't win in densely populated coastal states

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

IL passed an anti RTW amendment which is pretty cool

Re: Chicago crime, it spills out onto the highways sometimes and then it's truly random bystanders that get murdered. My cousin was killed driving home from a Sox game last year.

Still feel perfectly safe in the city though. poo poo happens, could have just as easily been a drunk driver slamming into their car or something.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM
vote

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
that dang cuomo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

I honestly felt way safer in my iffy SF apartment than in my house here in the chudlands. Would-be thieves would have had to get through three locked doors just to get to my apartment that lacked anything worth stealing because I was too broke after rent and student loan payments to get nice things.