Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sit on my Facebook posted:

Poo-is Scott Vargas

lmao nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

I went 4-0 very easily at my prerelease last night, playing W/B with the new Skullclamp and a deck full of cheap creatures and decent removal. I recommend opening the busted equipment card a lot!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MasterBuilder posted:

What's the scam part of flesh and blood?

Flesh and Pooed

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

MasterBuilder posted:

What's the scam part of flesh and blood?

It seems like FAB started as a rare commodity grift but then they saw there was money in making a fun game and capitalizing on making the opposite business decisions WotC made. I've never played it, just what I notice from people talking.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/SplinterBin/status/1591205535696982016?t=Y29V9ghRwi-CvY3Jgoa26w&s=19

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 12, 2022

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Flesh and Pooed

lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Flesh and blood seems like it has a decent community. Fnm has a flesh and blood event and they were drawing a decent number

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Silhouette posted:

I still have my dci card from 1997 :c00lbutt:

I threw away my DCI card in '98, after Wizards lost my ranking for the *second* time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

HootTheOwl posted:

On people not in magic

Who gives a poo poo lol. Don’t be a parasocial freak.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Flesh and Blood seems to be doing well enough as an actual game at this point that calling it a marketing scam doesn’t make any sense.

Anyway powerstones seem wild in sealed

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Poor LSV felt the need to be as successful as Brian Kibler and threw away his soul to do it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

Who gives a poo poo lol. Don’t be a parasocial freak.

“Who cares” types the person in a thread of several people who seem to care.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Going to be the idiot here. What am I missing? Felton can't block per the card so how does the guy "block everything on Feldon"

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Koirhor posted:

Poor LSV felt the need to be as successful as Brian Kibler and threw away his soul to do it.

Did you not see kibler on the magic 30 video?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Going to be the idiot here. What am I missing? Felton can't block per the card so how does the guy "block everything on Feldon"

The defending player shoved their entire board to pummel Feldon as blockers, obliterating his body and his controller's library.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

If Feldon can’t block, there’s only one other scenario involving him and blockers right?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Oh duh, I misread thinking HE had the Feldon and made a block with him.

Derp

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

feldon was attacking.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sickening posted:

Did you not see kibler on the magic 30 video?

Hey, hair extensions are expensive.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

“Who cares” types the person in a thread of several people who seem to care.

I like his cube draft videos.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Hey, hair extensions are expensive.

He had a big cult leader energy thats for sure

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Played my first ever prerelease today, finally got to experience the growing sense of dread from quickly looking through packs 4 and 5 realizing I still didn’t have any good cards

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It’s cool to see how many people in this thread are going to paper prereleases again.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
went 3-1 in my prerelease playing a rw aggro deck with lots of equipment including a Swiftfoot boots - I didn’t have very many good creatures at all so being able to make things hexproof was really key

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I won so much Dominaria United and I did so badly at prereleases this weekend. Still had fun though. Sundering Titan is cool. Swinging in with a swiftfoot booted up 10/10 trample is cool. Keening Stone is my enemy.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hGAaa6xltY

It seems jumpstart boxes aren't selling. If this is a product you might be, wait a while and it will be less than 40 bucks.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I don’t understand that product at all. The packs are basically the free welcome decks. There is simply no reason to have a box of dozens of them.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sickening posted:

It seems jumpstart boxes aren't selling. If this is a product you might be, wait a while and it will be less than 40 bucks.

Poody
-Pablo

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sickening posted:

The Professor did a review of DMU Jumpstart and how it was a totally different product than the original and completely garbage a month ago. Brother's War is the same. Even at $40, it isn't worth it. Don't need a Poody click bait video for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58t7lfci3zg

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

Poody
-Pablo

:cheerdoge:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Toshimo posted:

The Professor did a review of DMU Jumpstart and how it was a totally different product than the original and completely garbage a month ago. Brother's War is the same. Even at $40, it isn't worth it. Don't need a Poody click bait video for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58t7lfci3zg

You can’t help yourself at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why the gently caress are those videos 8 and 14 minutes lol

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Won a small four person prerelease event tonight. Went 2-0 in round one, 2-1 in round 2. :toot:

Deck was:

Goring Warplow x2
Scrapwork Rager x2
Razorlash Transmogrant x1
Mishra's Juggernaut x1
Scrapwork Mutt x1
Overwhelming Remorse x1
Ravenous Gigamole x2
Gixian Skullflayer x1
Gix's Caress x1
Gixian Infiltrator x1
Fallaji Chaindancer x1
Raze to the Ground x2
Tomakul Scrapsmith x1
Conscripted Infantry x1
Horned Stoneseeker x1
Evolving Wilds x1
Argivian Avenger x1
Unwinding Clock x1
Dredging Claw x1
Mishra, Tamer of Mak Fawa x1

9 Swamps
7 Mountains

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Aphrodite posted:

Why the gently caress are those videos 8 and 14 minutes lol

algorithm punishes you otherwise

I think the only channel that can get away with sub 5 minute videos is Just Rolled In, because they are banger after banger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntDGpoIImNU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Sickening posted:

You can’t help yourself at all.

It's nice that you gave a description after the video, but it's hard to not feel like you're baiting another series of arguments by not noting it's a Rudy vid. This is what, third time in two weeks someone's posted a link to his videos without that context despite a clear chunk of people noting that they don't want to see his stuff.

It's really not that hard a courtesy my man.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

CatstropheWaitress posted:

It's nice that you gave a description after the video, but it's hard to not feel like you're baiting another series of arguments by not noting it's a Rudy vid. This is what, third time in two weeks someone's posted a link to his videos without that context despite a clear chunk of people noting that they don't want to see his stuff.

You aren't asking for courtesy.

I could give a crap about pre-release draft records and the like. I can however scroll past them though because those people like what they like. That is courtesy. Be the change you want to be and all that.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Prerelease was quite fun. Ended very dramatically with a big crowd watching as it was table one. Game three opponent is at 4 life and I have the kher dragon that does four in hand and five lands. Any of 12 lands or six removal spells and I win the game and I had two shots at it and bricked both times. Oh well.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Nvm, the pun will probably set off an argument

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 13, 2022

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Good old Arena cube.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sickening posted:

You aren't asking for courtesy.

I could give a crap about pre-release draft records and the like. I can however scroll past them though because those people like what they like. That is courtesy. Be the change you want to be and all that.

People were literally just asking for a "Rudy warning" which you didn't provide, get off this weird high horse of yours you think you're on for scrolling on a message board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
day9 did his brothers war blind review a few days ago. he managed to keep up his fun energy throughout the whole stream rather than wanting to die by the time he hit green like most past reviews. it's a very fun time, I love his utter disdain for all the powerstone cards
https://twitch.tv/videos/1648125145

and the youtube versions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSpPz566jHM&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U29BN7JwoBY&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01YbTHQ17H8&hd=1