Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Joementum posted:

if the republicans control the House by like one or two seats the only thing they'll agree on is that they need to investigate democrats, but they might not even be able to agree on whether to investigate Hunter or SBF first

https://twitter.com/gencostocks/status/1591152036766445568

eta: lol

https://twitter.com/Cointelegraph/status/1591573567904583682

there's no check mark
is this the real GencoCapical.eth? Who can say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Schmoe Cwead posted:

i got some weed mints recently but theyre only 5mg per mint the minty ones are sativa and the cinnamon ones are indica theyre p good except there was so much packaging its like jesus christ relax

we must protect the children by using so much plastic packaging that they cannot have children of their own

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Joementum posted:

if the republicans control the House by like one or two seats the only thing they'll agree on is that they need to investigate democrats, but they might not even be able to agree on whether to investigate Hunter or SBF first

https://twitter.com/gencostocks/status/1591152036766445568

eta: lol

https://twitter.com/Cointelegraph/status/1591573567904583682

except they fled to Argentina

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

ascii genitals posted:

only criticism is 200 F is too low. 270 F for 40 min, and get some soy lecithin.

Please expand on this. My guide said don't cook weed over 220 or the thc changes to cbd, or something. I decarb 3 hrs at 190, infuse 3 hours at 190. But lecithin, that is something worth looking into.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

euphronius posted:

I will read that

I took a walk yesterday and listened to a ram dass podcast and had a religious experience so Im in whole hog (not actually hog) I think for awhile

i only thought of ram dass becuase of the poster ram dass in hell

I've never actually listened to / read Ram Dass; I think i'd like it, I liked Watts way back when, although now i'm pretty set in my dogma

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
ive never done a weed. this is because im very uncool. chew on that one libs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Virgil Vox posted:

I've never actually listened to / read Ram Dass; I think i'd like it, I liked Watts way back when, although now i'm pretty set in my dogma

I think ram clicked with me because we have similar east cost educational experiences

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

they should make a toilet that you have to climb up a couple of steps to get on

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

UFOTacoMan posted:

w
E
E
D

H
E
L
L

YEAH

W
E
E
D

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

hey A Gin Palace can you confirm what emfive said about your brother's car being abominably filthy

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

emfive posted:

oooh

well there are some things that cook below boiling, like salmon for example

Yeah, maybe not salmon

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
I worked my way through so much buddhist poo poo back in the 70s and 80s, seriously all you need to know is (A) it's solid but unremarkable philosophy and (B) they kill Muslims in Burma

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Barron Trump almost ruined vaping for everyone

and then vaping ruined vaping for everyone

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

petit choux posted:

Yeah, maybe not salmon

yea well weed salmon bagels might be pretty good

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

euphronius posted:

I will read that

I took a walk yesterday and listened to a ram dass podcast and had a religious experience so Im in whole hog (not actually hog) I think for awhile

i only thought of ram dass becuase of the poster ram dass in hell

I just picked up a used copy of a couple of his books. Be Here Now, LOL.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ram dass is Hindu

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
someone sold bernie a bag of shake in 1965 and he never bothered again

quote:

The senator told Rogan that he “smoked marijuana a couple of times” and it “didn’t do much for me.”

“It made me cough a whole lot, alright, but I gather other people have had different experiences,” Sanders said with a laugh.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Virgil Vox posted:

Watts has got a lot of good youtubes

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
rammed rear end

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013

tacodaemon posted:

hey A Gin Palace can you confirm what emfive said about your brother's car being abominably filthy

confirmed by true American patriots o7

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

pretty much 17th and 18th century western philosophers like Hobbes and Spinoza and Locke and a bunch of others recapitulated the essence of Buddhist stuff, except for the wack-o reincarnation poo poo, which I'm pretty sure is some kind of metaphor or at least it should be

reality is just right there in front of you and that's about it

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

A Gin Palace posted:

I didn't really take weed till my early thirties and that was only bc I was drinking too much bc of overnight shifts. It's nice for me now, but I'm an insane lightweight.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

emfive posted:

pretty much 17th and 18th century western philosophers like Hobbes and Spinoza and Locke and a bunch of others recapitulated the essence of Buddhist stuff, except for the wack-o reincarnation poo poo, which I'm pretty sure is some kind of metaphor or at least it should be

I thought it was it's every man for himself

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

A Gin Palace posted:

confirmed by true American patriots o7

lol yea it's amazingly dirty, like your hands turn black from touching pretty much any part of it

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

petit choux posted:

I bet those are pricey nowadays too. The only thing I have like that is belly dancing records, and I legitimately love that music.

I have one of those, even had the booklet...

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

A Gin Palace posted:

drat. missing out

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Der Meister posted:

drat. missing out

crosspost from the auspole thread just for you, Der Meister

Filthy Hans posted:

Did you hear about the Australian astronomer who discovered a new star? He named it Yahoo Sirius :dadjoke:

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

petit choux posted:

Please expand on this. My guide said don't cook weed over 220 or the thc changes to cbd, or something. I decarb 3 hrs at 190, infuse 3 hours at 190. But lecithin, that is something worth looking into.

It probably said 200 C (392 F.) THCA turns into THC, but THC will convert to CBN at high temp.

270 F (132 C) is a good temp for pretty rapid conversion of THCA to THC but not so hot that you should make too much other stuff. It definitely is complex tho, it could be that lower and slower is better. I've always done 270 F and it works. I think the first few times I made edibles I was too low and they didn't turn out as well.

One time I used some old flower and it was pretty much a sleeping pill with no high. Definitely want to make edibles from fresh stuff and then keep in the fridge or freezer.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

good lord how is this airshow crash video real

https://i.imgur.com/2QHUzwq.mp4

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Glumwheels posted:

Right but if they’re making a batch of gummies in a commercial kitchen, shouldn’t it be fairly homogenized? Assuming they are using a commercial mixer and giant pot, my guess is it would be ok.

Crohn’s and complications from it (an abscess drainage, it really loving sucks.

woo i also have that! get on humira or remicade if you can. it owns

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013

Der Meister posted:

drat. missing out
its ok I do estrogen which is cooler

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s like a McDonald’s commercial

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ascii genitals posted:

only criticism is 200 F is too low. 270 F for 40 min, and get some soy lecithin.

Hmm, I will look into this

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Sherbert Hoover posted:

rammed rear end

Saturday night mothaaaa fuckas

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

petit choux posted:

I bet those are pricey nowadays too. The only thing I have like that is belly dancing records, and I legitimately love that music.

they have a discogs if you want to see if any of that stuff is on there

https://www.discogs.com/seller/JointCustodyDC/profile

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

emfive posted:

:thunk:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

when I think of Indian religious traditions I think of John Locke

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

petit choux posted:

I thought it was it's every man for himself

Everybody thinks about "the Enlightenment" being about "science" but back then "scientist" was not really a word; Newton was a philosopher. The thing is that if you wanted to be a 17th century philosopher, you needed to have your epistemological ducks in a row, because if you couldn't make a case for how you know what you say you know, you're a complete loser and fraud. And they kept trying and failing over and over again, because that is an almost impossible thing to do. Is my monitor on? How do I know? How can I prove that my monitor is on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

here's something from one of the records from the 1980s that I've bought there

this band is from Kinsasha and play a style of rumba-influenced Congolese pop music called soukous. the guitar sounds like a lot of African electric-guitar styles but the vocal harmonies and horn arrangements remind me of Mexican music, like mariachi or ranchera or norteño stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9qfkqum3a0