Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

An insane mind posted:

Valley of Fears
The Domain of Chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"read my great post"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t understand,he picks the metaphor, he doesn’t need to interpret it like it came from heaven

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

someone give me a name for the period in this thread when everyone was a bid sad before the midterms, i'm making another chart.

"Trough of Despair"?

land of sorrow

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
What does (e) mean? Establishment?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

nunsexmonkrock posted:

This. Fetterman could not win that debate, not because hzving to think about his words from a stroke but because Oz is a nutbag. Thank god Fetterman won. I have no clue if they even got to my or my spouses mail in vote (technically my spouse put it in a drop off box because he works near it and I mailed mine in) in Philly before the election was called for Fetterman but I like to think we helped him win.

even if fetterman hadnt had the stroke it would have been a bad idea for him to debate oz because fettermans is that not a good public speaker while oz is a television personality used to being on TV and knows how to use that to his advantage

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:eyepop:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Toxic Mental posted:

lol it hasn't

Ohhh he has brain damage

That makes so much more sense

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Data Graham posted:

These fanfic nicknames are all great but c'mon, you know they're too witty for Trump to come up with. These are GWB tier, he was famous for actually being funny at it

Trump would do something out of left field like "Ron the Nose Picker". I mean he thinks "DeSanctimonious" is a great line and I guarantee he has no idea what the word means

Re: Trumpian nicknames.

I reckon he uses them because thats what matters to him.

i.e. You can call Donald J Trump a failed bankrupt businessman wo disgraced himself on the international stage with his incompetence, corruption and stupidity who lost an election and never once got the votes/approval of the majority of the country. And that might make him a little mad, but he would refute all of your accusations in his way.

But call him "poo pants donny with the small hands", and the motherfucker will lose his mind.

The second insult hurts him more. Matters to him more. And it is a shame that more people didn't do that to him whilst he was president.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

A Fancy Hat posted:

My brother-in-law will probably kill himself if Mastriano and Oz both lose tonight, that's something for me to look forward to.

I'm looking through night of the election in this thread and we need an update on this Fancy Hat.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank posted:

An albatross around your neck is a good thing because you see

The albatross is a bird of good omen

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

even if fetterman hadnt had the stroke it would have been a bad idea for him to debate oz because fettermans is that not a good public speaker while oz is a television personality used to being on TV and knows how to use that to his advantage
https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/11/10/2135111/-Analysts-entirely-misread-the-Fetterman-Oz-debate-These-graphs-show-how-wrong-they-were

The debate was a positive for the Fetterman. National media just wanted to dunk on him in their red wave rhetoric push.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

lol it hasn't

:wtf:

How do you draw that and publish it and then say, “I’m all-in for Trump?!”

HOW?! :crackping:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Is it seriously coming down to Georgia again? My balls can’t take it a second time.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

BigglesSWE posted:

What does (e) mean? Establishment?

elite

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Strong Sauce posted:

I'm looking through night of the election in this thread and we need an update on this Fancy Hat.

I think FH said he won’t know what happens next until Christmas. :lol:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Strong Sauce posted:

They said he hasn't heard from his sister and if she shows up alone for Thanksgiving or Christmas, they are assuming he killed himself

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Haruharuharuko posted:

Is it seriously coming down to Georgia again? My balls can’t take it a second time.

I think CCM pulls it off and I think Warnock’s in a stronger position to win the run-off than Walker.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Toxic Mental posted:

lol it hasn't

:sickos:
double down idiot
:sickos:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Haruharuharuko posted:

nah Georgia will just be so dems can tell Sinema or Manchin to shove it once or twice

Not that it will matter much with an R house but there's a legitimate chance a couple chuds dying or being removed from office will flip it before 2024

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

nooneofconsequence posted:

nah Georgia will just be so dems can tell Sinema or Manchin to shove it once or twice

Not that it will matter much with an R house but there's a legitimate chance a couple chuds dying or being removed from office will flip it before 2024
It's gonna be hilarious but a real poo poo show if it ends up being like, R+2 or D+1. (I gather D+1 or +2 is like a 35% chance at this point)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i never thought garrison could gently caress up the interpretation of a thing worse than tilting at windmills but here we are, what a world

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

Let's not also forget if Thomas has a heart attack we need the senate to install a new supreme court justice. Because GOP will just not allow a vote on any Biden picks like they did to Obama.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Toxic Mental posted:

lol it hasn't

lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Let's not also forget if Thomas has a heart attack we need the senate to install a new supreme court justice. Because GOP will just not allow a vote on any Biden picks like they did to Obama.

Thomas, Trump, Mcconnell, hell even Grassley, will outlive us all

there is no god

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this is why i think it was the right call to not debate lake because it would have just given her a bigger platform for her election fraud conspirarcy theories or lead to a fetterman situation where they focus on the democrats gaffes and not the stupid poo poo the republican candidate is saying

Yup exactly. A R is judged to have won a debate when he/she hasn’t audibly shat their pants whereas a Dem lost it because they said the same word twice.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cowcaster posted:

i never thought garrison could gently caress up the interpretation of a thing worse than tilting at windmills but here we are, what a world

Garrison is a bit like Dennis Miller in that he likes to pull out references and obscure expressions in order to impersonate a smart person. Unlike Miller (or more likely his writers) Garrison has no idea what any of these expressions mean, he just assumes the most literal, basic interpretation is the right one. He understands his own words about as well as a parrot does.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nah Garrison knows that’s supposed to be a bad thing or he wouldn’t have specified in the post

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is "GOPe" supposed to be said "gope" as in "cope"?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So what is going on with the last 2 elections because right now it sits at 49 and 49, what are the last two races that haven't been called and what are the possible outcomes.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

priznat posted:

Yup exactly. A R is judged to have won a debate when he/she hasn’t audibly shat their pants whereas a Dem lost it because they said the same word twice.

Yeah Oz actually said women's healthcare should involve local politicians which is madness but he "won" since Fetterman just isn't a good debater

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hollismason posted:

So what is going on with the last 2 elections because right now it sits at 49 and 49, what are the last two races that haven't been called and what are the possible outcomes.

Georgia is going to be a second, run off election.

Nevada is probably going to go Dem

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

kazil posted:

Georgia is going to be a second, run off election.

Nevada is probably going to go Dem

Okay thanks , as long as the Senate is 50 /50 I don't care.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

priznat posted:

Instead of debates I think a town hall thing can be useful with good audience questions. So they’d have to do some screening/vetting to keep the crazies out.

Debating a qanon lunatic who does not reside in reality is a pointless exercise and lots of downside for potential gaffe from the non crazy person.

I would love to see this. I think this is def a good way to do it, but I think they need to keep the crazies in to show how the candidate will handle these people because they are freaking everywhere and they vote and if they are in florida, sometimes for dead relatives too.

I want to enter the ken bone zone over and over.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
“Here is my tiny, quiet gun*” is about halfway to being appealing to ‘merican gun folk but because it isn’t some belt-fed machine gun being fired from the hip- he looks like a poseur. IT MISSES.

*I will never know the sensuality of using a suppressed PPK at an outdoor range :(

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

The albatross is a bird of good omen

Garrison probably thinks "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" is a rap song

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
He had a few big guns sitting out also in case anyone was concerned about his penis being too small.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1591258618909036545

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1591590855009521665

Rs primaried out an impeachment voter who would've won easily :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I hope part of the D calculus going forwards is to just choose the largest possible candidate. Perhaps the baldest? Run the Big Show somewhere.