Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

bedpan posted:

lmao that the republicans lost a presidential reelection campaign in 2020 and gave the dems the best midterm in decades in 2022

To Biden, who doesn't know he's the president. To Pelosi, who is too busy committing insider trading to stop her husband from getting hammered in new, creative ways. To the geriatric democratic leadership, who can't go one press conference without making GBS threads their pants.

That's who they lost to. Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

mystes posted:

I have no idea if this is a joke or something that actually happened

It's quantum memetics, simultaneously true and false depending on your viewpount (it's true as hell)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LeverNews/status/1591495392314662913?t=3WyhQ5SVJKNmbOAio0Xh7g&s=19

Please god let this ruin Sean McElwee

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

HiHo ChiRho posted:

To Biden, who doesn't know he's the president. To Pelosi, who is too busy committing insider trading to stop her husband from getting hammered in new, creative ways. To the geriatric democratic leadership, who can't go one press conference without making GBS threads their pants.

turns out when the combined ages of the democratic house, senate, and executive leadership is 232 years it adds up to a little more political skill than the CSPAM subforum!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Everything coming about this story is so absurd. Lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

HiHo ChiRho posted:

All their big movement got them was victory in ONE national election over possibly the most universally loathed political figure of the last 50 years. It hasn't worked even when the Dems are led by shitlibs that people hate just the normal amount. In the four election cycles of the Trump era, only Hillary Clinton has ever led the Democrats to defeat.

I'm beginning to think that Donald Trump was not the brilliant tactician we thought he was.

(To be fair, this was enough to give them an iron grip on the Judicial Branch, which is the real Legislative Branch).

maruhkati has issued a correction as of 03:41 on Nov 13, 2022

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

lmao

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

so the Democrats said they would codify abortion if they won the Senate

what other promises did they make? I want a preview of the ways they are going to let me down in the coming months

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm not sure what my favorite part is but maybe the use of the word "investigation" there

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1591615868877799430

Lol they need Warnock to get to 51

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

so the Democrats said they would codify abortion if they won the Senate

what other promises did they make? I want a preview of the ways they are going to let me down in the coming months

Minimum wage. Some stuff about drug prices.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

theyre gonna get it and fail regardless

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

speng31b posted:

theyre gonna get it and fail regardless

Oh nooooooo, we needed TWO more senators. You should have voted for Tim Ryan harder

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvf0WWxrYRM&t=19s

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

50 or 51 is irrelevant when they don't control the House. this is the ideal situation for the Democrats, because they no longer have to worry about good bills being sent to the Senate and having to let them die, but now they can get good press out of blocking bad ones.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

50 or 51 is irrelevant when they don't control the House. this is the ideal situation for the Democrats, because they no longer have to worry about good bills being sent to the Senate and having to let them die, but now they can get good press out of blocking bad ones.

Either way they don't have to rotate the villains just yet. Sinemanchin can retain their current function.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Tim Ryan lost because his slogan game was dogshit. A competent campaign would have gone with “Elect Tim Ryan? I’m Tryan!”

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Imagine being Dr. Oz. Pennsylvanians took one look at him and said "Yeah... we're going to go with the 7ft orgre who can't complete full sentences"

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

why is it every crypto idiot gets people to write paragraphs on their lives with included citations for loving free

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
vegan.1

in case you were wondering :smug:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

HiHo ChiRho posted:

look, only one member of the leadership poo poo his pants

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Imagine being Dr. Oz. Pennsylvanians took one look at him and said "Yeah... we're going to go with the 7ft orgre who can't complete full sentences"

Americans love the big guy who rocks the cargo shorts and hoodie look and loves weed over the nefarious Turk, no surprises here

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/TheBuffaloNews/status/1591480966844805120?t=cxbzsuKpaghUgngYrrfd8w&s=19

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

HiHo ChiRho posted:

well which would you rather have. the guy who sells you fake pills to put in your rear end in a top hat or the weed ogre

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

HiHo ChiRho posted:

It has more to do with Republicans achieving their overarching political goal of the last 40 years the Democrats have no intention of reversing. The real comedy will be if the Dems still somehow end up in control of both houses how they will explain not fixing anything they said you had to vote for them to fix

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

I for one would not like my gaming ability noted with citations in a Wikipedia article on me

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/davidminpdx/status/1589464998128275456?t=X2ijna4os08lvLwy097tjg&s=19

its going to get worse. Still trying to wrap my head around who the gently caress voted for kemp

https://twitter.com/davidminpdx/status/1589466556383526912?t=l0AysawCTuM5t9KXcPXL3A&s=19

https://twitter.com/davidminpdx/status/1589467610378539008?t=wR9xL_Uywsl-VItcRJBXag&s=19

https://twitter.com/davidminpdx/status/1589469081329369089?t=-rXIJvg5o_V5XSqevdhMIQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/davidminpdx/status/1589469954751201280?t=AcuuECt0Euc5hjv8_CqHFg&s=19

https://twitter.com/davidminpdx/status/1589471295691186177?t=x8uoqUz9hmoY6YUXMhJ94A&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 05:45 on Nov 13, 2022

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nichael posted:

the tldr of this article is

1. She raised an inordinate amount of money to lose. Again.
2. She admits she's an introvert and doesn't particularly like one on one conversations with people (weird, maybe she shouldn't be running!)
3. She plans to run again. Nationally.

"im an introvert" is one of the funniest excuse for being a loser unable to interact with people in the world lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

"im an introvert" is one of the funniest excuse for being a loser unable to interact with people in the world lol

look, Georgia did an ableism, against introverts

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

why do we post things designed to hurt our fellow goon

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

the confusing continual relevance of Abrams in Georgia electoral politics?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

the confusing continual relevance of Abrams in Georgia electoral politics?

yeah she won't be going away for a long time. too good at raising $$$ and then losing, paying that money to connected insiders all along the way.

I'd ask what the dems see in her but I know what that is: fundraising

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the failure of people like beto, abrams, crist, etc. in an election where the dems performed so well should be a cause for reflection but I doubt that will happen much like I doubt there will be much recrimination from the NY dems disasters

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Nichael posted:

this is a funny article. I bolded some of the better lines.

enormous yikes

put her in some kind of fundraising or hype role but good lord, please don't make/let her run again. what a damning article lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mantis42 posted:

to make you stronger

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

bedpan posted:

yeah she won't be going away for a long time. too good at raising $$$ and then losing, paying that money to connected insiders all along the way.

I'd ask what the dems see in her but I know what that is: fundraising

Everytime I read some post-morterm of an election where Dems blow races they could have won - like say the Wisconsin Senate race - because they threw tens of millions of dollars at some loser in Florida or Kentucky or wherever, instead of blitzing a place their candidate lost by a thin margin...

...I cackle and curse the Democrat party voters to keep subscribing to ActBlue and giving their PMC bonuses to total loving losers.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nichael posted:

the tldr of this article is

1. She raised an inordinate amount of money to lose. Again.
2. She admits she's an introvert and doesn't particularly like one on one conversations with people (weird, maybe she shouldn't be running!)
3. She plans to run again. Nationally.

she's written multiple books on "how to be a leader"

are there chapters on how to avoid 1 on 1 conversations

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Sydin posted:

4. She is extremely similar to Hillary in that she feels entitled to success and political power, and any criticism levied at her - even in a constructive, well meaning manner - is reflexively taken as a personal attack. Imagine being in a highly competitive underdog race and right before election day calling up a popular local radio host who is an outspoken advocate of yours to have a meltdown over their extremely mild criticism of your campaign strategy, and then hanging up in a huff when they don't instantly fold. What an absolute loving loser, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Can't believe she likes Ayn Rand