Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

seriously though no one should actually be using "opening the kimono" in an actual business setting unless you're from the late 1970s/80s and you fear a japanese takeover of your company. and even then its only not racist because its the 70s.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Someone hates their boss

what he's saying doesn't even make sense. no one clicks on links on twitter, they just read the headline and figure out if they need to get angry about it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/KetanJ0/status/1591487650812551168?t=pu01wkuPCFpbtlYlrdSIpQ&s=19

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If anyone comes into something awful with that Twitter brain of "you say you like waffles? You abelist poo poo why don't you think of people who only can eat pancakes" I will permaban them

Just to note that the new Twitter brain thing I've seen is "you refuse to pay us$8 for verification, and mock those who buy it? Do you mean to say you don't respect labor and thus agree Twitter employees should not be paid you capitalist scum?"

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

This bugs me because the correction is also wrong. The reverse being true would mean that they drive the least amount of traffic which is also incorrect. If you're going to "well actually" someone on the internet, maybe be more precise with your language.

:goonsay:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

No idea if it's true or not, but who cares at this point.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Comstar posted:

No idea if it's true or not, but who cares at this point.

I've only noticed now that Princess Vespa's stunt double has a Hitler mustache.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

only need :8bux:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Open Kimono makes me a do a double take every time at work, especially since I'm in Japan. Its got a slight niche because its used as invitation, you can open your own kimono but never anyone elses, but its too weird for me not use one of the 800 other business speak euphemisms.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

It's like the guy who almost bought a grand piano on ebay during a multi week long phenazapam binge bought Twitter for 44 billion dollars instead then triple downed lol.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Open Kimono was how lemon party started. True story.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Open kimono sounds like some GPL'd reimplementation of a clothing design application

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Randabis posted:

It's like the guy who almost bought a grand piano on ebay during a multi week long phenazapam binge bought Twitter for 44 billion dollars instead then triple downed lol.

Musk should have tweeted his offer from the UK. We have a mandatory 14 day cooling off period for online purchases.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I dunno why but finding out that Justin Roiland is someone in close enough confidence with Musk that he gave advice during the Twitter buyout kills me

Hmm, I'm spending billions of dollars, should I talk to a team of lawyers, or a funny cartoon man???

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 13, 2022

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It seems his lawyers are not very good at their jobs

Didn't he put out a random open job ad for "hardcore" lawyers on the internet right before everything got worse too?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He seems obsessed with hardcore.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Azhais posted:

Open kimono sounds like some GPL'd reimplementation of a clothing design application

It sounds like some sort of linux variant.

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round

Jippa posted:

It sounds like some sort of linux variant.

ah, the KaaS fork

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

"told you i was hardcore" - richest man in the world who constantly accuses any critics of being a bot and was talked down from $20 to $8 by a book guy

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Robo Reagan posted:

"told you i was hardcore" - richest man in the world who constantly accuses any critics of being a bot and was talked down from $20 to $8 by a book guy

He wasn't talked down, his idea was that he's a genius businessman so he's gonna haggle them down, start at 20, agree on 8, go as low as 5 in a pinch

It's still pathetic but it's more "trump trying to crush world leaders' hands cos that's savvy diplomacy" pathetic rather than "make a weed joke and have your ego cost you 44 billion dollars" pathetic

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

Elon wants to be hardcore but his mom won't let him.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Zzulu posted:

Didn't he put out a random open job ad for "hardcore" lawyers on the internet right before everything got worse too?

Looking at how things are going, why would anyone intelligent and competent stick around when they could work literally anywhere else? Only the yesmen attracted to the cult of personality remain. Same with the Twitter workforce, anyone with other options will jump ship.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Looking for high quality hardcore lawyer to represent very successful next gen social media company in court against criminal charges. Soy boys and wokies need not apply. This position is paid in experience(no monetary compensation). No reimbursement for interview traveling costs

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Zzulu posted:

His lawyers were some of the best in the world, but lawyers are advisors and not approvers (especially outside counsel). He got what he asked for, a “seller friendly” package.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

It seems a long time ago, but at the time the world (including the twitter board, publicly) was skeptical that Elon was serious. The board was even publicly saying that it wasn't going to happen, Elon's not likely going to make a real serious offer, etc.

If Elon was angry and manic at the time this may have spun him up into demanding that his lawyers craft an offer that Twitter could not possibly refuse with all the legal advantages falling Twitter's way so that they could no longer say he wasn't making a serious offer. Twitter accepted, and weeks later Elon comes to his senses after his Tesla stock fell and probably went "oh my God, what have I done?"

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
Remember that time musk gave poo poo to people trying to solve world hunger for 6bil and talked a lot of poo poo about open books and not wasting money?

What an rear end in a top hat.

Sometimes I feel bad for him because he comes across as some emo arrested development manchild stuck with a teenagers brain. Then he tanks twitter leading to its downfall while burning his wealth and think, you know what, this guy is alright.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

kw0134 posted:

"He had no plan for how to manage...Twitter." He had a shiny object he wanted so much. Just wing it! $44 billion, half of which he ended up fronting personally, on a whim.

Elon posted:

“I don’t really have a business plan,” he said. “I had a business plan way back in the Zip2 days. But these things are always wrong, so I just didn’t bother with business plans after that.”
:lol:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

goatface posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OamwmcGuP0A

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

https://twitter.com/halomancer1/status/1591425047079813123

Oh yeah, that sporting event is coming up..

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This is the first time I have seen Elon's brother - Kimbal Musk:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1591205379643424768

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Unperson_47 posted:

This is the first time I have seen Elon's brother - Kimbal Musk:

what the dickens

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I'm surprised nobody's decided to just try and push the whole boat over with a good old-fashioned DDOS attempt yet.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Is Twitter going to start allowing hour long videos or something?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I keep thinking about how Twitter’s SSL certificate expires in less than a month. There is a good chance that the person or persons responsible for renewing certificates already left. I wonder if they left behind any sort of documentation or set up alerts or reminders so they remember to renew it.

I hope they didn’t.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Azhais posted:

Is Twitter going to start allowing hour long videos or something?

I believe that longer videos was a feature unlocked with the 8 bucks per month.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ehud posted:

I believe that longer videos was a feature unlocked with the 8 bucks per month.

But…..they pulled that feature

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

What's ten percent more than YouTube when the revenue is zero?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CharlestheHammer posted:

But…..they pulled that feature

lol

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Lol at tanking your own site and immediately trying to tank another.

YouTube executives: Oh gently caress. How much are we worth and can he afford us? No? Okay we're safe for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Facebook and Microsoft tried bribing YouTubers so Im excited to see Musk try too